General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by foolinthemoon » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:55 am

TheLittlePixie wrote:Me too, although I already knew he left. (It was my friend Lindsey's fault for crying over it at the lunch table.) And I had already read chapter 20 in Eclipse (That would be Compromise) cause of my friend Kelsey. So, yeah. Those were probably my two. And in the movie, Alice's entrance was AWESOME! And when Jessica was like "that's Alice, she's really weird, and that one is Jasper, he always looks like he's in pain," I screamed at the screen while everyone around me was laughing. They thought it was funny! I was rather offended.
I admit i thought it was funny when they said that he looked like he was in pain, but it made sense to me, they talked about how he had the hardest time adjusting to their lifestyle, and that he was the newest to try it out. Edward makes mention that Bella would be in Physical pain to be around Charlie after she was changed, like 'a hot poker was being shoved down her throat'. So to me, it made sense, not only that, but he makes being in pain, unbareably hot. lol
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3

Angel
Wandering Through Town

Post by Angel » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:48 am

Well after Edward just suddenly leaving bella like that, I managed to somehow (dunno how) to restart my own heart. never felt such emotion like that and after a couple of chapters, I actually had to skim to the back of the book to see if Edward's name was mentioned again. I don't know if I could of gone on with the book if it wasn't.

Anyhow...

The NEXT most heart stopping moment was when Jacob had rescued Bella and she was considering turning to give him a kiss and she heard Edward's voice say "Be Happy". (Pg 376 NM)

I though, OMG, he has let her go, he's given up on her...NOOOOOOOOO! :cry:

Angel x
Watching Twilight is like my own personal brand of herion. I need my daily fix.

Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:09 pm

(K, I'm sure that some of these have been said, but I can't focus for long enough to read the whole forum)

TWILIGHT
In Twilight, the most heart stopping moment, for me, was when Bella saw Alice drawing her house. And she said, "The phone goes there..." That made my heart drop and the "bum bum bum" sound go off in my brain. It was a red alert.
Also, when she took off running in the ballet studio... silly Bella, trying to run from Vampires.

NEW MOON
Of course, the part where Edward leaves. It hurts, it's awful.
But I have a lot for this book.
When Jasper attacks Bella. Let me say this: That moment, that terrible moment when Jasper can't control himself and nobody can really handle it, was one of the HARDEST things for me to read in the WHOLE series. I don't know why. Especially when Edward had to walk out, that was tough.
The whole Volterra thing. When Alice and Bella were just THAT close to the entrance, but they couldn't get out, and there was twelve... ten... eight... minutes left on the clock. When she is running through a maze of sandy colored walls and red scarves... When she sees him, but he doesn't hear her (which, by the way, is something I don't really get. How did he not hear her?). And, finally, when she crashes into him and he says, "Amazing. Carlisle was right."
When I thought they wouldn't be able to leave.

ECLIPSE
When Bella starts putting everything together and Edward kisses her with the all too famous urgency. It had me thinking that this... wouldn't work.
And when Bella had the rock, ready to save Edward and Seth. My mind was all fuzzy, shouting "NO! MY GOD, WOMAN, DROP IT! NOW!" And then in a quieter, head shaking voice, "Edward is going to be maaaad."

BREAKING DAWN
My God, that whole book was a nerve-wracking, heart-stopping moment!
When Bella found out she was pregnant, I was shocked AND green with envy.
When Jacob first saw her.
When Edward heard Renesmee.
When she was giving birth, Jacob screaming for her to just hang on, and Edward giving EVERYTHING in him to try and save her... it was so... sad. It was scary, like I was losing my best friend.
When Jacob thought she was dead.
When we learned the Volturri were coming.
When Alice left.
Man, just... the whole freaking book.
And I didn't even mention the... ahem... sexual scenes. Although those weren't nerve wracking, just oh my gosh amazing.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT

<3_my_Edward
Wandering Through Town

Post by <3_my_Edward » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:57 am

Okay so I have two that I can think of right off the top of my head...I don't have my books near me at the moment so I can't give exact quotes but here they are...

First: In New Moon when Bella is running across the square trying to get Edwards attention, and right as the bell is tolling she throws herself at him. I literally was so upset at that moment that I was like trying to read too fast and I ended up having to go back a re-read like the whole part again, it was awful...I couldn't tell if Bella had made it in time or if Edward was standing sparkling in the sun when he say's "Amazing, Carlisle was right"...anyway I thought I was going to have a heart attack...

Second: In Eclipse right before the battle and right after Jacob hears Edward and Bella talking about their upcoming marriage and Jacob comes back to talk to Bella and Edward left. When Jacob kissed her I was absolutely freaking out...but then Bella like starts liking it a little bit and realizes that she loves Jacob too...I was just like "NOOOOOO!!! Don't do it Bella!! Don't cross over!!!" lol anyway it was just a very intense moment, I was afraid Edward was going to freak out or something...
"...I knew I was eager to get to school because I would see Edward Cullen. And that was very, very stupid." ~Bella

MarahlovesEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by MarahlovesEdward » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:37 am

amandaxcullen wrote:
omgwth wrote:i wonder if i could post this without getting banned...
but anyway. don't ban me just yet. just let me say my opinions.

all right, a couple years ago my older sister fell in looove with twilight.
it was the only thing she talked about ever, and she almost couldn't decide
if she liked harry potter or twilight better (though she always knew harry potter totally owns). she loved all the books up to twilight. then she was like "you should read them!" to me, and i was a little weary, cause i'd heard some crazy stuff about the books.

buttt i read twilight, and thought it was okay, then i read new moon and didn't exactly like it, then i read like less then half of eclipse and i haaated it and didn't finish it.

then after all that, i told my older sister who loved the books what i thought of them, how edward is kind of abusive and bella is a mary-sue, whiny, bitchy girl.
and she was like "omg your right" and now she HAAATES twilight. ;)

anyway, i just wanted to say that.

but anyway.
let me tell you what i think of the books.

honestly, i think edward is too perfect.
seriously, he has NO flaws.
and bella is, as i said before whiny and perfect, as well. she has no hobbies or character traits what so ever. all she does is cook for her dad the bum, homework, and make-out with edward.

seriously.
that's it.

then omg. the "vampires" (they shouldn't even be CALLED vampires) SPARKLE IN THE FREAKING SUN? wtf?! come on, dude!! what happened to dracula, the blood thirsty vicious vampires?!
THOSE ARE THE REAL VAMPS.

but no.
stephenie meyer has ruined the image of vampires. edward cullen and alice and emmett and all of those perfect characters, they are not real vampires.

cause real vampires don't only hunt animals, mmkay? so yeah.

plus now, smeyer has gotten a bunch of thirteen year old girls who are IDIOTS, (aka: everyone on this site) in love with the abusive edward and claim he's "romantic" and wish he snuck into their room every night and stared at them while they slept.

seriously, that's not romantic.
that's called being a STALKER, mmkay kids?

my rant isn't over yet.

okay, so of course i wasn't going to give money to smeyer, so i did NOT buy breaking dawn.

but out of curiosity to see how much it would totally suck, i read it before it even came out on the internet (well, of course not the whole thing, cause it freakin sucked)

but omg. it was like the most sickest, most disturbing book i have EVER read. okay, so it starts out with the wedding, which wasn't too bad. but then the honeymoon? it's just sexsexsexandmoresex.
seriously.

why is stephenie meyer like, obsessed with teenagers?!
and teenagers having sex?
my god.
she's a SICK woman.

i bet her husband isn't too happy.
or they probably have a bad marriage.
and i wonder what her kids think of these pathetic attempts at a decent story.

anyway. more on breaking dawn.

okay, so after the honeymoon apparently bella is PREGNANT, which is SUPPOSED to be IMPOSSIBLE.

dude. edward is DEAD.
he doesn't make sperm anymore, okay?!
TELL ME HOW THAT IS FREAKIN POSSIBLE, besides "well it's stephenie meyers books, she can do whatever she wants"

and okay so she's pregnant and all.
and then the really sick part: the baby is like EATING bella's uterus or something?! seriously it's SICK.

and so edward is like "HAVE AN ABORTION HAVE AN ABORTION!"
dude wth.

and so like, i don't remember this clearly but i think they rip open her womb area and like yank the little demon baby out. it was CRAZY.

and bella is like drinking a cup of blood or something before they cut out the "baby" thing and she likes it or something?!

isn't she supposed to faint at the scent of blood or something?
how can she DRINK IT?

okay there's still more.

ummm, they name the baby 'reneesmee' / 'nessie.'
and i think that IDIOTIC name speaks for itself.
i don't even have to say why it's stupid cause i'm sure you all already know that.

it's like the lock-ness monster.

plus it comes out glowing and it like imprints on jacob?!

and the ended line is something like "and we have forever"

seriously, ask yourself this question, seriously, and post your answer:

do you think a happy ending consists of two "vampires" who just sit around and make-out all day with their little demon baby the loch-ness monster that glows and drinks blood?

would you like to be bella in that situation?

i sure wouldn't.

i think it's a sad ending, honestly.

this bella chick ruined her life.

and everyone thinks it's a happy ending.

my.

god.

-ƒin
wow, you're cool?
OMG. really??! Sweetie, you need to get a life. obviously nobody here cares about your opinion. Afterall, this is a TWILIGHT FANSITE.for FANS...jeez. Go somewhere else and be whiny and bitchy, and complain to people who will give your words a second thought. Cause i guaranteee it wont happen here (:

Angel
Wandering Through Town

Post by Angel » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:32 am

In reply to omgwth.

Oh my goodness, what a bitter person you sound, remember the whole thing is just fiction, who cares how Edward makes Sperm.....IT'S FICTION!!!

What I do find really amuzing about you though, you state you hate the whole Twilight Saga, if it was that bad, WHY read Breaking Dawn, personally I would of given up after the second book. I would not of endured anymore of it just to make a point.

Also

Why take time out to join a FAN site just to slate the book. I have read loads of crap books for instance....I brought all of Phillip Pullman's The Northern Lights series, I admit, I didn't get to finish the first book as I found it boring, but there was no way I was going to waste my time reading the next two in the hope they got better and I would never dream of wasting my time joining a FAN site just to slate it.

Move on hun, don't diss it for others and don't waste your time if you think it's that bad.

I do question your intentions of why you joined this lovely Fan site just to slate it......don't you have something better to do than waste your time and ours?

Love and respect

Angel x
Watching Twilight is like my own personal brand of herion. I need my daily fix.

rainbowfrost
Settled in Forks

Post by rainbowfrost » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:40 am

i cn't remember them all but one of the most WOWish ones

When Bella kissed Jacob!
I was like NOOOOOO!!!
But now i'm alright. i like Jake, he's funny :)

littlelamb

Post by littlelamb » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:59 pm

First off, in response to omgwth, Edward is not perfect. His flaw is that he is in a constant internal struggle with his beliefs in god and whether or not he is good or bad. Was that too deep for you? Also, if your sister loved something sooo much why would you ruin that for her just because you didn't agree? That sounds pretty selfish and b***** to me. Did your parents give her more attention than you so you feel you need to punish her? Also, what is with the mmkay? You sound very condescending and you need to realize that not everyone on here is a 13 yr old girl and many adults don't like being talked to like a small child which is clearly what you are. Why don't you go work on destroying your sisters self esteem now? Have a nice day!

Alright now that that is done, my heart bursting out of my chest moment was when Bella arrived home and saw Carlisle's Mercedes. I didn't know what was going on, who it was or why they were there! I couldn't read fast enough to find out. Of course there are many moments the made me feel this way but that one just made me soo excited and scared and I liked it!

xxsparklyvampiresxx
Wandering Through Town

Post by xxsparklyvampiresxx » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:05 pm

I shook my head, trying to reassemble my now-confused thoughts. Every passing second put Charlie in more danger.
"I have a key," I muttered, turning the knob. He was too close, one hand extended toward me, his face dazed. I couldn't lose any more time arguing with him. I was going to have to hurt him further.
"Just let me go, Charlie." I repeated my mother's last words as she'd walked out this same door so many years ago. I said them as angrily as I could manage, and I threw the door open. "It didn't work out, okay? I really, really hate Forks!"
My cruel words did their job - Charlie stayed frozen on the doorstep, stunned, while I ran into the night. I was hideously frightened of the empty yard. I ran wildly for the truck, visualizing a dark shadow behind me.
Twilight, pages 394-395
---
One of the many times in the series I started sobbing.
I RUN WITH VAMPIRES! ^_^
Team Edward, Now and Forever!

iamthevampiregirl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by iamthevampiregirl » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:38 pm

MarahlovesEdward wrote:
amandaxcullen wrote:
omgwth wrote:i wonder if i could post this without getting banned...
but anyway. don't ban me just yet. just let me say my opinions.

all right, a couple years ago my older sister fell in looove with twilight.
it was the only thing she talked about ever, and she almost couldn't decide
if she liked harry potter or twilight better (though she always knew harry potter totally owns). she loved all the books up to twilight. then she was like "you should read them!" to me, and i was a little weary, cause i'd heard some crazy stuff about the books.

buttt i read twilight, and thought it was okay, then i read new moon and didn't exactly like it, then i read like less then half of eclipse and i haaated it and didn't finish it.

then after all that, i told my older sister who loved the books what i thought of them, how edward is kind of abusive and bella is a mary-sue, whiny, bitchy girl.
and she was like "omg your right" and now she HAAATES twilight. ;)

anyway, i just wanted to say that.

but anyway.
let me tell you what i think of the books.

honestly, i think edward is too perfect.
seriously, he has NO flaws.
and bella is, as i said before whiny and perfect, as well. she has no hobbies or character traits what so ever. all she does is cook for her dad the bum, homework, and make-out with edward.

seriously.
that's it.

then omg. the "vampires" (they shouldn't even be CALLED vampires) SPARKLE IN THE FREAKING SUN? wtf?! come on, dude!! what happened to dracula, the blood thirsty vicious vampires?!
THOSE ARE THE REAL VAMPS.

but no.
stephenie meyer has ruined the image of vampires. edward cullen and alice and emmett and all of those perfect characters, they are not real vampires.

cause real vampires don't only hunt animals, mmkay? so yeah.

plus now, smeyer has gotten a bunch of thirteen year old girls who are IDIOTS, (aka: everyone on this site) in love with the abusive edward and claim he's "romantic" and wish he snuck into their room every night and stared at them while they slept.

seriously, that's not romantic.
that's called being a STALKER, mmkay kids?

my rant isn't over yet.

okay, so of course i wasn't going to give money to smeyer, so i did NOT buy breaking dawn.

but out of curiosity to see how much it would totally suck, i read it before it even came out on the internet (well, of course not the whole thing, cause it freakin sucked)

but omg. it was like the most sickest, most disturbing book i have EVER read. okay, so it starts out with the wedding, which wasn't too bad. but then the honeymoon? it's just sexsexsexandmoresex.
seriously.

why is stephenie meyer like, obsessed with teenagers?!
and teenagers having sex?
my god.
she's a SICK woman.

i bet her husband isn't too happy.
or they probably have a bad marriage.
and i wonder what her kids think of these pathetic attempts at a decent story.

anyway. more on breaking dawn.

okay, so after the honeymoon apparently bella is PREGNANT, which is SUPPOSED to be IMPOSSIBLE.

dude. edward is DEAD.
he doesn't make sperm anymore, okay?!
TELL ME HOW THAT IS FREAKIN POSSIBLE, besides "well it's stephenie meyers books, she can do whatever she wants"

and okay so she's pregnant and all.
and then the really sick part: the baby is like EATING bella's uterus or something?! seriously it's SICK.

and so edward is like "HAVE AN ABORTION HAVE AN ABORTION!"
dude wth.

and so like, i don't remember this clearly but i think they rip open her womb area and like yank the little demon baby out. it was CRAZY.

and bella is like drinking a cup of blood or something before they cut out the "baby" thing and she likes it or something?!

isn't she supposed to faint at the scent of blood or something?
how can she DRINK IT?

okay there's still more.

ummm, they name the baby 'reneesmee' / 'nessie.'
and i think that IDIOTIC name speaks for itself.
i don't even have to say why it's stupid cause i'm sure you all already know that.

it's like the lock-ness monster.

plus it comes out glowing and it like imprints on jacob?!

and the ended line is something like "and we have forever"

seriously, ask yourself this question, seriously, and post your answer:

do you think a happy ending consists of two "vampires" who just sit around and make-out all day with their little demon baby the loch-ness monster that glows and drinks blood?

would you like to be bella in that situation?

i sure wouldn't.

i think it's a sad ending, honestly.

this bella chick ruined her life.

and everyone thinks it's a happy ending.

my.

god.

-ƒin
wow, you're cool?
OMG. really??! Sweetie, you need to get a life. obviously nobody here cares about your opinion. Afterall, this is a TWILIGHT FANSITE.for FANS...jeez. Go somewhere else and be whiny and bitchy, and complain to people who will give your words a second thought. Cause i guaranteee it wont happen here (:
Why the heck would a twilight-hater waste her time SIGNING up for a FAN website so she could rant on a PAGE's WORTH of words?? THIS WEBSITE IS FOR TWILIGHT LOVERS! If you aren't a twilight fan, please exit this website and slap yourself for me. (just kidding about that last part. i have some great friends that hate twilight. they just don't waste they're time posting dumb messages all over websites.)