General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by Stacia »

In Twilight, as Bella is in danger from the thugs in the street. Deep down, I knew Edward would save her but still - ! I was so nervous that something would happen to her! Another part would be when, in the airport, Bella makes a dash and runs from Jasper...I was so nervous! I didn't know exactly what would happen! Then, I think also, when Bella is in the ballet studio and she gets beaten by James! Oh! So nervous! And then as Carlisle & Edward were working to save Bella's life and Edward had to such out the poison from James' bite! Eek! I was on the edge of my seat!

And, then I have to agree with mananda - in New Moon when Bella hears Edward's voice as she begins to do dangerous things...I had no idea whether or not Edward was back, if he had some other special ability to do that or not....especially, I think one of the more nerve-wracking moments when hearing Edward's voice would be when Bella jumps off the cliff and is battling the current & she keeps hearing Edward's voice...At this point, I still had no idea what was going on!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I honestly I'd have to say one of the moments for me was

OCTOBER
NOVEMBER
DECEMBER
JANUARY

my heart dropped as I thought This is Bad!

I agree with many of you but don't want to repeat everything!!!!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
RachelCullenxX
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by RachelCullenxX »

spookybell wrote:I honestly I'd have to say one of the moments for me was

OCTOBER
NOVEMBER
DECEMBER
JANUARY

my heart dropped as I thought This is Bad!

I agree with many of you but don't want to repeat everything!!!!
me too! I was thinking 'oh, no. what's happening?' that whole Edward leaving part was...nerve-wracking...even though I knew he was gonna come back I still couldn't help being sad/confused...
Edward Cullen is so hot, I really wish he could be bought.
I would buy him anyday, no matter what I had to pay.

Jacob Black is so charming, his looks are simply disarming.
He's a burning 108.9 Oh, wow. He is fine!

Team Switzerland forever<3
the.slayer
Wandering Through Town

Post by the.slayer »

Stacia wrote:Yay! I wanted this thread, lol! I guess, I'll start with New Moon -
Pages 69-70 & 73
"Bella, I don't want you to come with me." He spoke the words slowly and precisely, his cold eyes on my face, watching as I absorbed what he was really saing.
There was a pause as I repeated the words in my head a few times, sifting through them for their real intent.
"You...don't...want me?" I tired out the workds, confused by the way they sounded, placed in that order.
"No."
"You're not good for me, Bella." He turned his earlier words around, and so I had no argument. How well I knew that I wasn't good enough for him.
He was gone.

It always hurts to think that you aren't good enough for someone and then for them to actually vocalize the thought can crush a person. I think Edward leaving is one of the most heart stopping moments in the series...

I'm sure I'll post more later!

i was crying when a read this in new moon.....

Edward Cullen is staring at you...
- Jessica Stanley Twilight

Wanna be a vampire??
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

I cry every single time i read the part in new moon where edward leaves. it's so sad, and i was (still am) so sorry for Bella. i mean when edward said those things i just thought "WHAT!" it just made me want to hate him. but of course i could not because i love him so much, but still.

in Breaking Dawn when Jacobs thinks
"he stopped without warning and pivoted ot face me. his expression froze me again.
for a second i was just a kid - a kid who had lived all his life in the same tiny town. just a child. because i knwew i would have to live more, suffer a lot more, to ever understand the searing agony in Edward's eyes."
Breaking Dawn page 176
when i read this my heart went out to edward. i mean the pain he is in.... it shook me. i mean it made me want to give him a hug and tell him that it willbe alright. just the amount of pain he is in.... so powerful
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
BeautifulVeins
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by BeautifulVeins »

Aggh. All of this New Moon talk is making me feel all panicky again. But another nerve wracking moment from New Moon was definately when Bella is running through the square in Volterra towards Edward to stop him from stepping into the sun, I was like "PLEASE GOD LET HER GET THERE IN TIME!!!" Aaah. I was freaking out.
"I was thinking, while I was running..."
"About not hitting the trees I hope."
Joanne Maria

Post by Joanne Maria »

BeautifulVeins wrote:Aggh. All of this New Moon talk is making me feel all panicky again. But another nerve wracking moment from New Moon was definately when Bella is running through the square in Volterra towards Edward to stop him from stepping into the sun, I was like "PLEASE GOD LET HER GET THERE IN TIME!!!" Aaah. I was freaking out.
Yes, while chaps 3&4 of NM were bitterly painful, chap 20 was the most nerve-wracking & heart stopping. Bella's run through the square and the fountain listening to the clock toll, and then persueding Edward that he was not dead was absolutely nerve-wracking for me.
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

i agree with pretty much all these posts - new moon definitely had the most heart stopping nerve0wracking moments from the entire series.
I have to admit the moments when edwards voice came to bella in her stupid, reckless moments made my heart miss a couple of beats..
and probably the moment when bella firsts meets renesmee..the moment she makes the move closer to her and the entire family steps infront of her; i was pretty much yelling at them going "she wasn't going to do anything!!"..
And i definitely have to agree ^ when she was in volterra..I was screaming (again..i swear i scream in sooooo many places..) "C"MON BELLA!! MOVE THOSE LEGS!! ARGH!"
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Wow this is going to take a while!
*thinks*...okay okay i got em

Twilight: When Bella is about to get attacked by the guys in Port Angeles and Edward saves her. Bella's description of how she almost lost her breath whenever Edward came close to her. The meadow scene. When EDWARD FIRST KISSED HER!! *dies*, When Edward kisses bella before the baseball game by the car XD Edward and the Cullens figuring out a plan to get Bella away from James, James in the ballet room with Bella, the end of the book at the end of the prom scene! haha i almost died since it ended right when he leaned in to bite her!

New Moon: When Jasper went insane and almost killed Bella :( . Edward's sudden change in character *broke my heart*. From the moment Edward put Bella's bag back in the truck and lead her to the side forest, i knew EXACTLY what was about to happen! *chokes up*......you all know it, the moment he was telling her he was leaving and she wasn't getting it :( and when he leaves. Then Bella's descriptions of the "burning hole" in her chest...i know what that's like so it was insane to hear the exact descriptions i would give. When Jacob almost kissed her! i swear i about dropped to the floor haha. When Alice comes back! The ENTIRE trip to save Edward and of course the moment she finds him and tries to force him inside...my nerves were going haywire thinking "shut up Edward and don't walk into the sun!" haha.

Eclipse: When Bella ran away from Alice to be with Jacob XD awesome. The fire and ice chapter! AMAZING! Edward's proposal! All the Edward/Jacob confrontations *especially at the school*, the realization of Victoria's plan....the whole fight scene...Bella realizing Jacob was the one who'd gotten hurt! Oh....and Jacob and Bella's kiss! And then of course to conclude it....*sniff* Bella's incredibly hard task of telling Jacob she chose Edward :(

Breaking Dawn: No lie...the. entire. book.
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

When Edward left Bella in the woods, when he left. New Moon. Holy... I cried so hard and I think that at that very moment my heart fell so deep. Poor Bella. I wanted to just scream, to shake Edward and ask him what he was thinking, but at the same time, I couldn't move. My mouth was frozen so that it was hanging open in shock and horror.

Breaking Dawn. Bella was giving birth... vampire style. I was literally having a heart attack right there. I was so scared. I couldn't possibly see the light at the end of the tunnel for Bella and I was afraid for her life. Rose lost it and I screamed. Bella's heart stopped and I swear I almost puked. Jake screamed in horror at Bella not to give up and I cried so hard. Renesmee bit Bella and I was shocked. Edward stabbed his venom into her heart and I was nervous.

Thank God she lived. I think that I would die if she died.

But it's all good, and Bella and Edward get their "happily ever after" that they worked so hard to get.

But at those two moments in particular I almost died of pain and horror. No joke. And all of the above is true :) All my reactions... true.