General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by Nena »

This thread is to discuss the " I can turn the page fast enough to find out this situation resolves itself" moments
If you quote a book make sure you include the book and page number.
Enjoy!
Gina
Settled in Forks

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by Gina »

Don’t worry. You’re human—your memory is no more than a sieve. Time heals all wounds for your kind.Edward Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.71

I wanted to choke Edward.

When I read "The End" chapter in New Moon, I was near tears, but when I saw him say that, I really wanted to throw some holy water on him. How dare he think himself so forgettable to Bella? Just because she is a human makes her emotions count less?

From the moment their worlds collided, Bella's entire exsistance revolved around this consuming love for Edward. For him to think that time would make her forget? Being all super sensory counted for nothing at that moment, because he should have seen the pain on her face, and hear her heart shattering.
"I look at my… son. His strength, his goodness, the brightness that shines out of him—and it only fuels that hope, that faith, more than ever. How could there not be more for one such as Edward?" - Carlisle Cullen, New Moon
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

Gina wrote:Don’t worry. You’re human—your memory is no more than a sieve. Time heals all wounds for your kind.Edward Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.71

I wanted to choke Edward.

When I read "The End" chapter in New Moon, I was near tears, but when I saw him say that, I really wanted to throw some holy water on him. How dare he think himself so forgettable to Bella? Just because she is a human makes her emotions count less?

From the moment their worlds collided, Bella's entire exsistance revolved around this consuming love for Edward. For him to think that time would make her forget? Being all super sensory counted for nothing at that moment, because he should have seen the pain on her face, and hear her heart shattering.
omg that part had me IN TEARS not nearly actual hysterics.

Uhm last page of jacobs book in BD "A new heart and changing heart." or something like that. "Isabella Swan I promise to look you forever every single day of forever, Will you marry me?" <<more tears, but of joy this time.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
Gina
Settled in Forks

Post by Gina »

I just have one more:

You stay with me now, Bella! Do you hear me? Stay! You’re not leaving me! Keep your heart beating!
Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 18, p.352

The the only thing Bella promised herself she would do. Keep her heart beating for her little nudger. Like she said when she found out she was pregnant, her love didn't lessen for Edward, it swelled twice its size to accomidate the new love she had for her child. As much as Renesmee hurt Bella, the rapid growth and bone breaking, all Bella wanted to do was keep her heart beating until she was born, because she knew there was no way to survive the pregnancy.

On a side note, I would have *loved* to have heard Edward's point of view on this. I can't imagine the anguish he must have been going through, espically when Renesmee broke Bella's spine.
"I look at my… son. His strength, his goodness, the brightness that shines out of him—and it only fuels that hope, that faith, more than ever. How could there not be more for one such as Edward?" - Carlisle Cullen, New Moon
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

"All the king's horses and all the king's men...
But there was nothing there, just me, just him.
Working over a corpse.
Because that's all that was left of the girl we both loved. This broken, bled-out, mangled corpse. We couldn't put Bella together again."
--Breaking Dawn, 355

This is the part when I started crying my eyes out in BD. I really thought Bella was dead and I just could not take it. A very appropriate "heart-stopping" moment I'd say.
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

I have to agree that a nerve-wrecking moment was when Edward said he was leaving in New Moon.
I was sad for Bella and astonished by Edward thinking it would be that easy to forget.
I believe my actual thought went along the lines of "Boys are so stupid"

Also in Eclipse when Bella grabs the rock during the fight b/c she thinks she can help. There is so much description before anything happens again that my brain was screaming. All these possibilites went through my mind - is it going to help, will it put her in more danger, will it put Seth and Edward in danger b/c they're distracted. I was going crazy waiting, even though it wasn't that long of a wait :lol:
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Miss Cullen »

Definatley in New Moon when Edward leaves. I was bawling my eyes out thinking 'no he has to come back!' I actually had to skim pages at the back of the book to make sure he returned otherwise I dont htink I could have gone on :lol: Definatley page turners for the rest of new moon, especially when it was revealed Edward thought Bella was dead and he was going to the Volturi and they had to race to stop him.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Tengo Nubs. wrote:"All the king's horses and all the king's men...
But there was nothing there, just me, just him.
Working over a corpse.
Because
that's all that was left of the girl we both loved. This broken,
bled-out, mangled corpse. We couldn't put Bella together again."
--Breaking Dawn, 355

This
is the part when I started crying my eyes out in BD. I really thought
Bella was dead and I just could not take it. A very appropriate
"heart-stopping" moment I'd say.
Definitely. Edward's leaving is a close second for me though, mostly because I just felt numb and dead opposed to my heart stopping.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Stacia

Post by Stacia »

Yay! I wanted this thread, lol! I guess, I'll start with New Moon -
Pages 69-70 & 73
"Bella, I don't want you to come with me." He spoke the words slowly and precisely, his cold eyes on my face, watching as I absorbed what he was really saing.
There was a pause as I repeated the words in my head a few times, sifting through them for their real intent.
"You...don't...want me?" I tired out the workds, confused by the way they sounded, placed in that order.
"No."
"You're not good for me, Bella." He turned his earlier words around, and so I had no argument. How well I knew that I wasn't good enough for him.
He was gone.

It always hurts to think that you aren't good enough for someone and then for them to actually vocalize the thought can crush a person. I think Edward leaving is one of the most heart stopping moments in the series...

I'm sure I'll post more later!
mananda

Post by mananda »

The first one that pops out in my head is in New Moon when Bella hears Edward's voice for the first time when she's doing something dangerous. I was like, is he back? is she just thinking it? where is he?! Each time it happened I wondered if he was really back one of those times.

I'm sure more of these moments will come to me.