General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by marielle »

as most of you said allready... Edward leaving was the hardest part of the whole serie....
I was so afraid he wouldn't return ( silly ofcourse) that I had to read the last page of breaking dawn before I could finish NM.

the really heart and breath stopping moments for me were also.
- fight with Victoria
- the chapter Bloodlust...
- the first marry me moment..
- and the first night in the cottage... it would be nice if Stephenie was a bit more candid about that... :twisted:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Cullen_Lover
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about Twilight out of my kitchen window.

Post by Cullen_Lover »

Sry this may be a bit off topic but what book do Edward and Bella get engaged in? And in what one do they get married? :D :lol:
ImageImageImage
DreamofEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by DreamofEdward »

Hey Cullen_Lover
Edward first proposed at the end of New Moon but Bella said no. He asked again in Eclipse this time she said yes
(My heart was in my throat both times!)
They got married at the beginning of Breaking Dawn.
Team Edward!

Cullenitus: An inability to go 24 hours without a Twilight fix.

So the lion fell in love with the lamb
Vampibella
Settled in Forks

Post by Vampibella »

Hey ! I have an important question! Does Jacob speak indian in the scene where he stands with bella in the kitchen trying to kiss her, but Edward interrupts them with his phonecalling? I really need to know! :) :D
Vampibella
votrechanteuse
Settled in Forks

Post by votrechanteuse »

Oh gosh, I have one from each one of the books

Twilight: when Bella gets the phone call from James... I literally could not sit down when I read that. I kept thinking "oh no he did NOT just do that! what a jerk! >:-O" i totally felt Bella's pain when she thinks her mom is being held hostage; that is exactly how I would react to someone kidnapping my mom (ie NOOOO*wibble*OOOO*sob*OOO!!!!!)

New Moon: Chapter 3. much as I love him, I wanted nothing more than to reach into the book and punch Edward in the face (HA! as if that would hurt him :-P) "when i told you i didn't want you anymore, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy" YOU'RE DARN RIGHT IT WAS! Also when Alice and Bella are racing against time in Volterra.

Eclipse: after the battle, when Edward sees Jacob in pain, and collapses. I was so scared that Jane was nearby and was torturing him, or something.

Breaking Dawn: Bella giving birth to Renesmee...I cannot stress enough how glad I am that that is NOT how childbirth happens. I could not stop cringing.
time dancers whirling past, i gaze through the looking glass, and feel just beyond my grasp is heaven
Anarane
Wandering Through Town
Location: In Greece, longing for the true winter temperatures....

Post by Anarane »

Vampibella wrote:Hey ! I have an important question! Does Jacob speak indian in the scene where he stands with bella in the kitchen trying to kiss her, but Edward interrupts them with his phonecalling? I really need to know! :) :D
I had the same question and one of my friends looked it up, since this part is a bit ridiculus when it's heard in Greek, (it means something like: Hey doll, Whohoooo! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Anyway my friend told me that he does speak in native american and the words he says actually mean: Together forever, or something like that...

Hope I helped! ;)
Grab your tissues.... http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5004980/1/The_EndEdward

Chapter 3 of nm from Edward's pov...
JillOBean
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JillOBean »

When Bella kissed Jacob in Eclipse. I nearly died. I cried SO hard. Actually, most of Eclipse was hard for me to read.

And of course Edward leaving Bella was no picnic, either...

Visually, my favorite heart-stopping moment in the movie was in NM when Bella and Edward reunited in Volterra and he thought he was dead. I saw the movie first so reading it after having seen the film adaptation was incredible.

Anarane
Wandering Through Town
Location: In Greece, longing for the true winter temperatures....

Post by Anarane »

JillOBean wrote:When Bella kissed Jacob in Eclipse. I nearly died.
Oh. My. God. How did I forget about that? I guess I'd just pushed it away in my memory. I had the book in front of me and I was screaming to Bella "What are you doing???? Are you insane??? What about Edward????"

Definetely the most nerve-wracking part of all books for me!
Grab your tissues.... http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5004980/1/The_EndEdward

Chapter 3 of nm from Edward's pov...
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

The whole series what heart stopping for me .Usually I can figure out a movie or book but honestly I was guessing the whole time. I was hoping the whole time it would be Edward that Bella ends up with b/c I just didn't think she felt the same for Jacob. I had several ideas how it might end b/c I knew SM favorite writers were Jane Austin, Shakespeare. Those stories are end in tragedy. So for me I was very happy when I reached the end b/c I was wrong.
Banner by TammyAZ
Belice
Settled in Forks

Post by Belice »

The most heartbreaking part for me was when Edward left Bella in NM, & what happened directly after, when she went dashing after him , but couldn't find any trace of him. When she had finally exhausted herself & fell, curling up on the forest floor at night in the cold. THAT was my personal cryfest. I knew EXACTLY how she felt. :cry: