General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
amandaxcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by amandaxcullen »

omgwth wrote:i wonder if i could post this without getting banned...
but anyway. don't ban me just yet. just let me say my opinions.

all right, a couple years ago my older sister fell in looove with twilight.
it was the only thing she talked about ever, and she almost couldn't decide
if she liked harry potter or twilight better (though she always knew harry potter totally owns). she loved all the books up to twilight. then she was like "you should read them!" to me, and i was a little weary, cause i'd heard some crazy stuff about the books.

buttt i read twilight, and thought it was okay, then i read new moon and didn't exactly like it, then i read like less then half of eclipse and i haaated it and didn't finish it.

then after all that, i told my older sister who loved the books what i thought of them, how edward is kind of abusive and bella is a mary-sue, whiny, bitchy girl.
and she was like "omg your right" and now she HAAATES twilight. ;)

anyway, i just wanted to say that.

but anyway.
let me tell you what i think of the books.

honestly, i think edward is too perfect.
seriously, he has NO flaws.
and bella is, as i said before whiny and perfect, as well. she has no hobbies or character traits what so ever. all she does is cook for her dad the bum, homework, and make-out with edward.

seriously.
that's it.

then omg. the "vampires" (they shouldn't even be CALLED vampires) SPARKLE IN THE FREAKING SUN? wtf?! come on, dude!! what happened to dracula, the blood thirsty vicious vampires?!
THOSE ARE THE REAL VAMPS.

but no.
stephenie meyer has ruined the image of vampires. edward cullen and alice and emmett and all of those perfect characters, they are not real vampires.

cause real vampires don't only hunt animals, mmkay? so yeah.

plus now, smeyer has gotten a bunch of thirteen year old girls who are IDIOTS, (aka: everyone on this site) in love with the abusive edward and claim he's "romantic" and wish he snuck into their room every night and stared at them while they slept.

seriously, that's not romantic.
that's called being a STALKER, mmkay kids?

my rant isn't over yet.

okay, so of course i wasn't going to give money to smeyer, so i did NOT buy breaking dawn.

but out of curiosity to see how much it would totally suck, i read it before it even came out on the internet (well, of course not the whole thing, cause it freakin sucked)

but omg. it was like the most sickest, most disturbing book i have EVER read. okay, so it starts out with the wedding, which wasn't too bad. but then the honeymoon? it's just sexsexsexandmoresex.
seriously.

why is stephenie meyer like, obsessed with teenagers?!
and teenagers having sex?
my god.
she's a SICK woman.

i bet her husband isn't too happy.
or they probably have a bad marriage.
and i wonder what her kids think of these pathetic attempts at a decent story.

anyway. more on breaking dawn.

okay, so after the honeymoon apparently bella is PREGNANT, which is SUPPOSED to be IMPOSSIBLE.

dude. edward is DEAD.
he doesn't make sperm anymore, okay?!
TELL ME HOW THAT IS FREAKIN POSSIBLE, besides "well it's stephenie meyers books, she can do whatever she wants"

and okay so she's pregnant and all.
and then the really sick part: the baby is like EATING bella's uterus or something?! seriously it's SICK.

and so edward is like "HAVE AN ABORTION HAVE AN ABORTION!"
dude wth.

and so like, i don't remember this clearly but i think they rip open her womb area and like yank the little demon baby out. it was CRAZY.

and bella is like drinking a cup of blood or something before they cut out the "baby" thing and she likes it or something?!

isn't she supposed to faint at the scent of blood or something?
how can she DRINK IT?

okay there's still more.

ummm, they name the baby 'reneesmee' / 'nessie.'
and i think that IDIOTIC name speaks for itself.
i don't even have to say why it's stupid cause i'm sure you all already know that.

it's like the lock-ness monster.

plus it comes out glowing and it like imprints on jacob?!

and the ended line is something like "and we have forever"

seriously, ask yourself this question, seriously, and post your answer:

do you think a happy ending consists of two "vampires" who just sit around and make-out all day with their little demon baby the loch-ness monster that glows and drinks blood?

would you like to be bella in that situation?

i sure wouldn't.

i think it's a sad ending, honestly.

this bella chick ruined her life.

and everyone thinks it's a happy ending.

my.

god.

-ƒin
wow, you're cool?
Team Jacob!
Because a space heater has more potential than a rock.
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

if she liked harry potter or twilight better (though she always knew harry potter totally owns). she loved all the books up to twilight. then she was like "you should read them!" to me, and i was a little weary, cause i'd heard some crazy stuff about the books.

buttt i read twilight, and thought it was okay, then i read new moon and didn't exactly like it, then i read like less then half of eclipse and i haaated it and didn't finish it.

then after all that, i told my older sister who loved the books what i thought of them, how edward is kind of abusive and bella is a mary-sue, whiny, bitchy girl.

but anyway.

and bella is, as i said before whiny and perfect, as well. she has no hobbies or character traits what so ever. all she does is cook for her dad the bum, homework, and make-out with edward.

seriously.
that's it.

then omg. the "vampires" (they shouldn't even be CALLED vampires) SPARKLE IN THE FREAKING SUN? wtf?! come on, dude!! what happened to dracula, the blood thirsty vicious vampires?!

but no.
stephenie meyer has ruined the image of vampires. edward cullen and alice and emmett and all of those perfect characters, they are not real vampires.

plus now, smeyer has gotten a bunch of thirteen year old girls who are IDIOTS, (aka: everyone on this site) in love with the abusive edward and claim he's "romantic" and wish he snuck into their room every night and stared at them while they slept.

my rant isn't over yet.

okay, so of course i wasn't going to give money to smeyer, so i did NOT buy breaking dawn.

but out of curiosity to see how much it would totally suck, i read it before it even came out on the internet (well, of course not the whole thing, cause it freakin sucked)

but omg. it was like the most sickest, most disturbing book i have EVER read. okay, so it starts out with the wedding, which wasn't too bad. but then the honeymoon? it's just sexsexsexandmoresex.
seriously.

my god.
she's a SICK woman.

okay, so after the honeymoon apparently bella is PREGNANT, which is SUPPOSED to be IMPOSSIBLE.

dude. edward is DEAD.
TELL ME HOW THAT IS FREAKIN POSSIBLE, besides "well it's stephenie meyers books, she can do whatever she wants"

and then the really sick part: the baby is like EATING bella's uterus or something?! seriously it's SICK.

dude wth.

and so like, i don't remember this clearly but i think they rip open her womb area and like yank the little demon baby out. it was CRAZY.

and bella is like drinking a cup of blood or something before they cut out the "baby" thing and she likes it or something?!

how can she DRINK IT?

okay there's still more.

i don't even have to say why it's stupid cause i'm sure you all already know that.

do you think a happy ending consists of two "vampires" who just sit around and make-out all day with their little demon baby the loch-ness monster that glows and drinks blood?

i sure wouldn't.

my.

god.

-ƒin
TROLL
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
Forever Team Edward
Settled in Forks

Post by Forever Team Edward »

I honestly have to say I am totally shocked that of all sites, you chose a fan site to post this on. It is just a cry for attention, you are not going to change any of our minds. If you do not like the books, don't read them. And your points make since only if you take them totally out of context. You have to look at some things from Edwards point of view to understand why he did the things he did and if you really don't see that, why did you join this site?... I'm sure I speak for most people on this site when I say, while we respect you view, we really appreciate if you would not post them on Topics that have nothing to do with the actual topic of your rant.
A Few of My Favorite Twilight Quotes and Pictures
E<3B
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

ok, seriously, we respect your views, whoever you are that posted that very....opinionated rant, but 1) that had absolutely nothing to do with the actual TOPIC, 2) why are you even on this site if you hate Twilight? and 3)while you can voice your opinions, we would appreciate it if you wouldn't call us idiots. that is just plain rude and un-called for. we come on here to discuss literature, not to be insulted by strangers. you have your views and we have ours, and that's it.

if you're looking to pick a fight, ain't happening.

anyway, back on topic, the most heart-stopping moment for me was in NM when Bella was running to save Edward. and that whole Volturi scene. i seriously thought she wasn't going to get to him in time for a second

plus the battle with Victoria in Eclipse. when her head rolled on the ground [this sounds morbid, but oh well] i was like FINALLY!!! :D
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
MyHusbandIsMyEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by MyHusbandIsMyEdward »

I read the whole series in less than a week, so I guess the whole series for me was non-stop.

I'm sure people have already said these, and I don't have all the books with me to quote exactly, but here are mine:

At the end of Twilight they had the "teaser" for New Moon and ended at the end of chapter 1 when all six vampires were looking at her bleeding to death. "Dazed and disoriented, I looked up from the bright red blood pulsing out of my arm--into the fevered eyes of the six suddenly ravenous vampires." I finished it one morning and practically ran to my car, drove straight to my store (I own a bookstore) and tore open New Moon to make sure she lived...it was the longest ten minute drive ever!!! I mean, of course I knew she would live since there were more books, but still...it was a long drive.

Then, in New Moon when Jacob drives Bella home and she's thinking about "going for it" with him and how even though she's "damaged" he'll take her. And she thinks about what will happen if she turned and kissed his shoulder. I was SO worried because I knew Edward was coming back into the picture soon somehow (cause seriously, who didn't skip ahead to make sure that he came back by the end?) and thought she would have to deal with even more drama than necessary. AND THEN Jacob smelled a vampire in her house! Goodness...that was too much all at once!

The when Bella has her "epiphany" and realizes that Edward REALLY REALLY loves her...it's either at the end of NM or the beginning of Eclipse (sorry, my books are at the store!) I was like DUH, FINALLY YOU GET IT!!!

And then of course in BD when Jacob decides he HAS to kill Nessie but then....IMPRINTS...wow, that was genius!
"'I can't explain it right...but he's even more unbelievable behind the face.' The vampire who wanted to be good -- who ran around saving people's lives so he wouldn't be a monster..." -Twilight
foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by foolinthemoon »

Alot of it was heartbreakingly Nerve-wracking for me. I fussed as my hands coudln't turn the pages fast enough.

The worst part was in New Moon when Edward left her in the woods, I cried as I turned the pages that simply stated...

October

November

December

January

I cried at each turn of the page just a little harder, and had to put the book down for a moment to compose myself. Not just for Bella's heartache, but the familarity, and similarity between her heartache and my own. It reminded me of worse times. :/

But I picked the book back up, and refused to put it down again till i saw another vampire i loved. I jumped up excitedly when I found out Alice had come to check on her after the cliff diving incident, and to be honest, *cough cough* I looked ahead to see how long it was going to be before i saw another vampire i loved, cause i thought about putting the book down permenantly. And I wasn't the only one that felt that way, My mom had a very similar experience (without the tears) she said, if Bella and Edward couldnt' be together when they belonged together, she didn't want to know anymore.
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
scarletsheart
Settled in Forks

Post by scarletsheart »

I'd have to agree that the worst was when Edward left. I couldn't believe the things he was saying and I was even more angry at Bella for believing them. Obviously he was trying to protect her and she believed him. One the *first* attempt. When I saw the months go by on a single page it was just heartbreaking. What's worse was that I began reading New Moon around 11:30 at night. When Edward left I refused to go to bed until he came back. I assumed that would be rather soon, but then several hours later he was still gone and I was still awake waiting for him to come back.
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

When James was calling Bella in the hotel (end of Twilight)

And when Edward left Bella. *cries*

Also, when Bella was running after Edward when he attempts suicide.
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda
xxabbsxx
Settled in Forks

Post by xxabbsxx »

NEW MOON! Chapter 20 Volterra! Not heart-stopping, but totally nerve wracking!!! OH my God! My heart was literally pounding and I had an adrenaline rush! I was seriously beginning to think that she might not make it on time!

pg. 447-453 Best Heart Pumping-Thrilling Pages in the WHOLE series!!!

"But both hands on the clock pointed up toward the pitiless sun, and, though I shoved viciously against the crowd, I knew I was too late."

""Edward" I screamed, knowing it was useless. The crowd was too loud, and my voice was breathless with exertion. But I couldn't stop screaming."

"I couldn't see the street level--- there were still too many people in the way. The clock tolled again."

"Edward, no!" I screamed, but my voice was lost in the roar of the chime."

"The clock tolled, and he took a large stride toward the light."

""Edward," I tried to gasp, but my voice had no sound. "You've got to get back into the shadows. You have to move!...He didn't appear to notice that I was trying to force him back."

"It was very strange, for I knew we were both in mortal danger. Still, in that instant, I felt well."

All of the "clock tolling" really makes the story intense, and gives you the sense of "you only have so much time, if any..."
xxabbsxx
Settled in Forks

Post by xxabbsxx »

but anyway.

seriously.
that's it.

but no.

my rant isn't over yet.

seriously.

my god.
she's a SICK woman.

dude. edward is DEAD.

dude wth.

how can she DRINK IT?

okay there's still more.

i sure wouldn't.

my.

god.

-ƒin
Haha wow are you something? Seriously....if you didn't like the books in the first place...why would you read the 4th one...and why would you waste your time writing something like this on this site? You clearly have no life... go complain to somebody who gives a damn what you think