General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: The Volturi Coven and Guard

Post by The Dark Knight »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Actually, I don't. I see the Cullens being the major force of change in any sort of public opinion. I'm sure the Romanians will sow unrest as much as possible, and I'm sure that people will be sympathetic to them. But I don't think a serious uprising could occur without the Cullens, and I think it will take something very big for them to do that.

Politics is all about deception, maneuvering and power plays. Base primus of any coo is the spin doctors. They can look at anything and twist it to their needs. We see it all the time on Fox and CNN. Propaganda is the beginning of any war, lead by redirect that is meant to stir up emotions with truth as its first casualty. Both the Romanians and the Volturi have their roles in vampire society with long term agenda's that need to have seed sewn that will bear fruit later when they need it. The Cullens are a trip wire and also focal point of interest to be used by said spin doctors to achieve a political end now. The Cullens are not even likely to know what is being said about them and in what context. We see it all the time.

When the next big event happens in the world check out CNN, BBC Briton, SANA, Xinhua and Itar-TASS. All five of these news agencies will report on the event and likely the reports will be far different from each other. Spin Doctoring at its best. Political Science in raw form.

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

So what do you see as the Volturi's next move after BD?

dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Well, I would assume Aro would pig out to absorb his depression upon failing, think some very nasty thoughts about Bella, play in his pool of jello, and go back to plotting evil plots he won't use for another 50 years or so, because he does have all the time in the world to plot evil plots.
Caius would grumble about Aro's ineptitude.
Marcus would be be bored and mope.

As for the actual move, they'd probably set up some other coven as a bunch of bad vampires, then go take care of them to try and re-strengthen their image as good guys, to show that "Well, we learned our lesson there, so lets not do that ever again, shall we?". Mmmhmm, yeah Aro, you've kinda already exposed yourself as the creeper you are, I don't think we're ever going back.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

I think they'll lay low for a while - or they will if they're smart. Just follow the "code" so to speak, taking care of actual problems and threats and such. Maybe Aro will continue to seek additions to his collection, but in a very laissez-faire manner. In the future, though, they might want to set up another coven as "bad guys" to restore confidence in them, but it wouldn't work. If they take out someone on a grand scale, it will attract a lot of attention from the other vamps, who will investigate it. They'll want to be pretty honest for a long time, to rebuild their reputation.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Angelvamp »

So what do you see as the Volturi's next move after BD?

That's a good question, Dark Knight. I think they'll go back to Volterra and lick their wounds. After that, immediately start planning on taking the Cullens down, along with everyone else that stood with them. The Cullens proved to the Volturi twice how powerful a coven they are (once in Eclipse, when they destroyed the newborn army without losing a single member of their family, and the second time in BD) and how they pretty much rendered the Volturi useless. I doubt Aro would let that kind of thing slide for very long. It would probably be a very covert operation, nothing like what happened in BD. And if the plan is carried through effectively, the Volturi have a lot to gain, namely more talented vampires like Benjamin, Zafrina and/or others not yet encountered. And as for trying to keep their "white hats", I'm not sure that's so much of a concern to them anymore. They were left fairly exposed by the events in BD. IMO, their main motivation would be to reattain their power, not necessarily their reputation. After all, history is written by the winners, right?

Also, just because Bella is immortal and has cool new super powers, doesn't mean the story has to end. I think it'd be really cool if SM were to write a few more books on what happens next, especially with the Volturi. Or maybe I'm just greedy for more books. :)
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
Hyvanna
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Hyvanna »

I agree Angelvamp...and i would also add that they would prolly try for a couple of halfvamp kids of there own,(just another way to add to their coven), I'm sure they can get some mortal weman to agree with false hopes of becomeing one of them.
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

So how do you envision the Volturi attacking the Cullens? Speculation is very welcome here...

Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Angelvamp »

So how do you envision the Volturi attacking the Cullens? Speculation is very welcome here...

I don't see them attacking the Cullens directly for awhile. It would be easier to get rid of (or recruit) all the nomads and smaller covens that stood with them in BD first. And then they have Alice's visions to deal with. Hmm, that makes me wonder - would the Cullens, seeing that the nomads and smaller covens are in danger of being wiped out by the Volturi due to their allegiance in BD, come to the rescue? Alice would forsee the Volturi attacking, would she and/or the rest of the Cullens try to stop this? Or if the Volturi come up with a good story for the killings, would the Cullens buy it? Really, at this point are the Volturi even capable of continuing to fulfill their role as "the law" or are they now completely distracted by acquisition of more power?

Anyway, getting back to the original question. The Volturi would have to do the same thing Victoria did, playing with the holes in Alice's visions, if they want to get at the Cullens. And they would need to find some way around Bella's shield, which would be hard considering they hardly know anything about it. Perhaps they could breed hybrids to use as primary offensive players, to get around Alice's visions. Aro knows she can't see them. And perhaps Bella would feel more maternal towards creatures similar to Renesmee and thus less inclined to kill them. Hmm. Sneak one behind enemy lines to befriend the Cullens, on the pretext of learning about (and befriending) Renesmee? Once they have Renesmee, they could pretty much make the Cullens do anything they want.

Thanks for that question, Dark Knight! Speculation is fun! :)
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

I want to go back to the previous question if I may. The next move for the Volturi is stated at the end of BD. They are going to look for Nahuel's father and check in on his sisters. I'm going to take a wild guess that they dismember and kill Joham but that they try to recruit the sisters. Think of how valuable it would be to the Volturi to have a vampire who can move freely and undetected in human society. And if they don't recruit, maybe they will look into creating. Sick, I know, but Aro is known for being sick when it comes to getting the power he thinks he is entitled to.

What I'm really interested in though, and if someone has written this fan fiction please give me a link, is what happens when Marcus finds out Aro killed Didyme. The poo will really hit the fan when that day comes, right?
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Alphie wrote:What I'm really interested in though, and if someone has written this fan fiction please give me a link, is what happens when Marcus finds out Aro killed Didyme. The poo will really hit the fan when that day comes, right?
I'm working on that right now, actually. I haven't started writing it, but I have some mostly definete plans in my head. Hopefully it'll be a lot more serious than my Sauron-fic.

I forgot about the half vampires, too. I can't see Aro not experimenting with them. Again, that idea led to part of the above fic idea.