General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Favorite and Least Favorite Chapters of the Series

Post by Nena »

Tell us what are your favorite and least favorite chapters in the Twilight Series!
37yearoldfan

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite Chapters of the Series

Post by 37yearoldfan »

Tell us what are your favorite and least favorite chapters in the Twilight Series!

Woo Hoo, I get the first post!!! I requested the topic though!!!

I am sure that all of you will know exactly what I am going to say was my least favorite chapter in the series!

Least Favorite ChapterFrom NM I don't have the exact chapter number. I leant the book to my sister in law. But, It was The End
I was so devastated when Edward left Bella so she could have a normal Human Life. It was like my heart was broke. And 8 months, Bella heard nothing from Edward or the Cullens. I have read the book 3 times now and still get upset when I read that chapter even though I know the out come!!!

Favorite Chapter From BD Chapter 20 New Throughout the whole series I wanted so bad for Bella to become a Vampire and she finally did. There was all this build up leading up to it like, how newborns behave and they have no desires except thirst and are very dangerous and will have no regular emotions for at least 3 years. Then Bella wakes up a Vampire. Not just a Vampire but a Vampire that can control her thirst and has all the emotions that she left as a human. Alice said "she going to dazzling" and she was. Bella was referred to as supermodel in one chapter.

I was so happy that Bella got everything she desired! Even better equilibrium!
twilightlover4eva
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightlover4eva »

Okay, this is my first post, so I hope it is good!

Favorite chapter- Uhmm... I really loved the chapter in Eclipse where Bella sleeps over at Edawrd's house. I thought that part was crucial in their relationship because it was the first time they ever really talked about having sex.

Least favorite chapter- Ok, is it just me or was the chapter in BD where Jacob goes to the park to try and imprint TOTALLY unneccesary?!? Same for me, I hated the part when Edward left Bella!! That was so depressing and it still gets me every time!!
37yearoldfan

Post by 37yearoldfan »

twilightlover4eva wrote:Okay, this is my first post, so I hope it is good!

Favorite chapter- Uhmm... I really loved the chapter in Eclipse where Bella sleeps over at Edawrd's house. I thought that part was crucial in their relationship because it was the first time they ever really talked about having sex.

Least favorite chapter- Ok, is it just me or was the chapter in BD where Jacob goes to the park to try and imprint TOTALLY unneccesary?!? Same for me, I hated the part when Edward left Bella!! That was so depressing and it still gets me every time!!
twiliightlover4eva,

Welcome to Lex!!! I really hope you enjoy it here. I know I have!

That was a very good first post!!! And I am honored that you chose my requested topic to do so!! :D

You are spot on about the chapter in Eclipse about being crucial to their relationship. It took their realtionship to the next level. Whatever level that could be between Vampire and Human!

I also agree agree about Jacob (funny I just read that AGAIN last night before bed) going to the park to try and imprint after he thought Bella had died. It was a little unnecessary!

I kind of thought the way Leah was talking to him after she left Sam's pack and joined his that she wanted him!
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

Favorite Chapter - Breaking Dawn #19 Burning
I thought it was beautifully written and gave me every detail I wanted to know about the transformation process.

Least Favorite Chapter - Breaking Dawn #7 Unexpected
I just had a problem with the whole pregnancy thing.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

mmm ok least favorite chapter would have to be in new moon, where he leaves her, i have to skip that chapter every time i re-read.
I have a lot of favorites so I'll just have to name one from each book:
Twilight- confessions
New Moon- either Volterra, or Verdict
Eclipse- the first time bellas sleeps over
Breaking Dawn- New
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Favorite: Chapter Fourteen in TW, Mind Over Matter. It's so cute!
Least Favorite: Pretty sure chapter 3, The End, in NM. :cry:
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Wow this is a hard one for me. I'm only on my second read of Twilight.

I have really developed chapters that I like or dislike, there are parts in the book that I like/dislike.

Like Destani I didn't enjoy the chapter on Bella's pregnancy. It was a little uncomfortable for me to read because of the reactions from Edward and Jacob. Also, how extremely protective almost to the point of possessiveness of Rosalie.

I did enjoy the chapter/chapters in BD (can't recall the names-don't have the book to reference with me) when Bella learns about her Vampire gift and how she developes it to protect not only herself and the family but everyone else who came to witness for Nessie during the confrontation with the Volturi.

I know once reading the series again - my chapter likes/dislikes will change.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

i'm not sure, its too confusing, lol. but i think i like most of the chapters in all of the books. :D
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by inspired »

Okay, this is tough because so many parts mean so much in different ways to me. Then, I have my sister and my husband breathing down my neck with their opinions because I got them addicted and they know I post on the Lex (muuuaahhh...bad evil laugh imitation).

Okay in Twilight my favorite chapters are when Bella and Edward are in the meadow. I can't help it, I love it. I love that part of the story and the way it is written. I love that SM dreamed about that scene and how that set the whole series into motion. Yes, I sound horribly cliche, but that is how I chose my name. Those moments for those reasons just inspire me.
Another favorite is in Eclipse when Bella and Jacob finally face off about her feelings for him. Don't get me wrong I am not a big Bella/Jacob fan, I love Bella with Edward. I liked that it was emotionally messy for Bella and Jacob. Life is like that, just because you make the right decision doesn't mean that it is easy/painless or that you won't suffer some loss in the process.
My favorite "bit" is from BD at the end when Bella allows Edward to see her mind. It was a beautiful way to end their story.

My least favorite chapter is in NM when Edward left Bella. I feel physical pain reading that chapter, its awful. I cry like it is a shocking suprise everytime. When my sister started NM she called several times to threaten my life for getting her hooked on Twilight only to be crushed by NM.
In BD I was getting really annoyed with Jacob's perspective. All of the angst from Jacob and Leah grated on me. The relevance of that part is not lost on me, it just wasn't one of my favorites. Oh,"Nessie" as the nickname like the Loch Ness Monster was a little corny too.

So I don't leave him out...my husband's favorite chapter is in Twilight when Edward resigns himself to the fact that he can't stay away from Bella. The teasing and bantering are pretty funny " Do you have multiple personality disorder?"

Okay thats it! I could go on and on, but I'll spare you...
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket