Emmett and Rosalie

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
User avatar
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Posts: 2046
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:21 pm
Location: In a house with Emmett... Oops. House gone. :)
Contact:

Re: Emmett and Rosalie

Post by urcoolcarrie » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:19 pm

I just always thought that they come together because they are willing to open up to one another. Rosalie doesn't really show many people what she can be, and the one exception to that is Emmett. They just trust eachother and like to be with one another. They complete eachother.
Image
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin

E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:28 pm

Re: Emmett and Rosalie

Post by E&BForever » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:34 pm

urcoolcarrie wrote:I just always thought that they come together because they are willing to open up to one another. Rosalie doesn't really show many people what she can be, and the one exception to that is Emmett. They just trust eachother and like to be with one another. They complete eachother.
Yes, they compliment each other very well. ;)
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!

User avatar
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor
Posts: 4087
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: hoping 2012 is better than 2011 was

Re: Emmett and Rosalie

Post by pennybug84 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:00 pm

garnetpixie wrote:I don'think they are so opposite. They both exist on a physical pretense. Rosalie relies on her physical appearence, at least she did as a human. Emmett relies on his physical strength. They both have a very physical aspect and together it just works.
I never thought of that! (I honestly don't know if I would have thought much about it if my friends hadn't brought it up & we discussed it.) Buy anyway. Thanks for the idea.
Image
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson

E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:28 pm

Re: Emmett and Rosalie

Post by E&BForever » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:33 pm

I think it's one of those who knows why things? Who knows why Emmett and Rosalie fell for each other like Alice and Jasper did, or Edward and Bella for that matter? Obviously if Rosalie saved Emmett, then he is going to think the world of her.
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!

User avatar
dazzleme99
Settled in Forks
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:12 pm

Re: Emmett and Rosalie

Post by dazzleme99 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:58 pm

emmett is hilarious and an awesome older brother. i loved his "scoring" jokes in BD. they absolutely lightened the mood for me and cracked me up, majorly. I also loved his comment to bella after she punched jake ("fall down again, bella?") that made me laugh. also, i love how emmett's always itching to fight. he is a total grizzly and i love his eagerness at all that. it's hilarious.

rosalie, on the other hand, i'm not so crazy about. yeah, i get why she wanted the baby so bad. she can't have one herself. but still, she doesn't even care about bella!? COME ON! she just isn't a very nice person. i LOVED how they portrayed her in the movie. it cracked me UP! she freaked out and broke the bowl when she found out bella had already eaten? that's SO rose!

but anyway, i think emmett and rosalie make a good match because emmett seems to be able to drag the good out of rosalie.
Instead of being the A/V dweeb about to ask the head cheerleader to the prom, I was the finished-second-place werewolf about to ask the vampire’s wife to shack up and procreate. Nice.

E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:28 pm

Re: Emmett and Rosalie

Post by E&BForever » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:09 pm

dazzleme99 wrote:emmett is hilarious and an awesome older brother. i loved his "scoring" jokes in BD. they absolutely lightened the mood for me and cracked me up, majorly. I also loved his comment to bella after she punched jake ("fall down again, bella?") that made me laugh. also, i love how emmett's always itching to fight. he is a total grizzly and i love his eagerness at all that. it's hilarious.

rosalie, on the other hand, i'm not so crazy about. yeah, i get why she wanted the baby so bad. she can't have one herself. but still, she doesn't even care about bella!? COME ON! she just isn't a very nice person. i LOVED how they portrayed her in the movie. it cracked me UP! she freaked out and broke the bowl when she found out bella had already eaten? that's SO rose!

but anyway, i think emmett and rosalie make a good match because emmett seems to be able to drag the good out of rosalie.
ITA!
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!

User avatar
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Posts: 5001
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Re: Emmett and Rosalie

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:00 am

garnetpixie wrote:I don'think they are so opposite. They both exist on a physical pretense. Rosalie relies on her physical appearence, at least she did as a human. Emmett relies on his physical strength. They both have a very physical aspect and together it just works.
Well you're quite right about that...But then again Emmett has more of a sense of humor than Rose..and she is more serious than him. And he's not very likely to get jealous like she does get of people.
Image

Team Edward Girl
Buying a Better Raincoat
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:48 pm
Location: Out of my mind. Be back in 5 min. LOL

Re: Emmett and Rosalie

Post by Team Edward Girl » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:27 pm

I used to hate Rosalie, but I've always thought Emmett was awesome. When it comes to their relationship they really do work for each other and they have some similarities between Bella & Edward. What I mean by that is how Rosalie is always surprised at how Emmett seems to need her as much as she needs him, and Edward is alsways surprised at how Bella needs him as much as he needs her. Edward/Rosalie have had issues with themselves, but Bella/Emmett are the people that have actually come close to making them feel good about themselves. :D Rosalie & Emmett's relationship has a very physical facet to it, but I also thyink that they have a mental connection and a spirital connection. Well that's my 2 cents.
Image
"I see you lying next to me with words I thought I'd never speak; awake and unafraid asleep or dead" -Famous Last Words" My Chemical Romance

User avatar
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Posts: 11483
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:20 pm
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE
Contact:

Re: Emmett and Rosalie

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:27 pm

Rosalie is the best i wish Emmett wasnt her mate soo that i could be well i can still wish cant i ???
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Image
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake

User avatar
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Posts: 5001
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Re: Emmett and Rosalie

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:34 pm

DunnerheartsTwilight wrote:Rosalie is the best i wish Emmett wasnt her mate soo that i could be well i can still wish cant i ???
Wow shocking... 1st time I've ever met a guy who read Twilight! FINALLY I HAVE!!:) I'm glad some guys don't think it's stupid...WHICH IT"S NOT!! :evil:
Image

Post Reply