Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Carlisle and Esme

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

Here is the place to discuss everything about their relationship together. Keep questions about them as individuals to the Sparkling in the Sun Forum.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
Gitta
Wandering Through Town

Re: Carlisle and Esme

Post by Gitta »

In some strange ways it feels like Carlisle and Esme have the most "normal" relationship
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I've found it interesting that Carlisle saved Esme and it happened to be that they were soul mates. Pretty lucky, and the same with Rosalie and Emmett. And I've always wondered how it was in the beginning when Esme's husband was still alive. I doubt either of them would commit adultery, and they wouldn't be the type to get rid of him either. So did they just be friends and wait like 50 years or something? And I've always wondered how it was they finally came together.
But I love them together. They both have those parently ways and knowledge, they both are compassionate and loving. They remind me of a sweet old couple who've never fallen out of love. Which, really, they've been around long enough to claim that.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
FrostyJasper
Wandering Through Town

Post by FrostyJasper »

Gitta wrote:In some strange ways it feels like Carlisle and Esme have the most "normal" relationship
agreed
ImageImage
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

debussygirl wrote:I've found it interesting that Carlisle saved Esme and it happened to be that they were soul mates. Pretty lucky, and the same with Rosalie and Emmett. And I've always wondered how it was in the beginning when Esme's husband was still alive. I doubt either of them would commit adultery, and they wouldn't be the type to get rid of him either. So did they just be friends and wait like 50 years or something? And I've always wondered how it was they finally came together.
But I love them together. They both have those parently ways and knowledge, they both are compassionate and loving. They remind me of a sweet old couple who've never fallen out of love. Which, really, they've been around long enough to claim that.
Stephenie tells Esme's backstory in the Personal Correspondance #1. It's about halfway down.

As for if they waited for her husband to die...I don't think so. She had already run away from him. She didn't want to be married to him. And it's not like the vampires follow all laws. Even if she didn't divorce him legally, mentally she had. It's not as if she was cheating on a good man. He was awful. Now, I have no idea where I got this idea (maybe I just made it up, who knows), but for some reason I have always been under the impression that Esme or one of the Cullens killed Charles Evenson because of the way he had abused her. I don't know, maybe I got the idea stuck in my head after reading Rosalie's story and thought Esme should have done the same thing.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
rhiannon777
Settled in Forks

Post by rhiannon777 »

Well, since you have to die as a human in order to become a vampire, doesn't that end her marriage to Charles?
porschejacker XD
Wandering Through Town

Post by porschejacker XD »

I find it really difficult to think of Carlisle and Esme as looking like a couple in their twenties (which they are, physically at least) cause I dunno, they just have such a "grown up" relationship. They've kind of got that together forever vibe without being too lovey dovey about it, which is really nice.
I liked how, when the Volturi were going to attack in BD Esme went to stand beside Carlisle and held his hand while they waited for the verdict. I thought that was sweet.
Me and my friends keep finding new ways to hurt ourselves so we can check out whether or not our doctor sparkles in the sunlight...
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

rhiannon777 wrote:Well, since you have to die as a human in order to become a vampire, doesn't that end her marriage to Charles?
But then wouldn't Bella and Edward not be married anymore?
And just because the guy isn't good doesn't mean that it isn't cheating, wrong, and a sin (not that Charles was an angel, but why stoop down to his level?). It was also a different time, it's not like now when people pet these women on the head and say, "you did the right thing" (sorry, don't mean to sound harsh but the moral of people right now has me a bit angry). Also, at least in the beginning Esme was probably more concerned with her thirst than lust. I can't see either of them committing adultery still. But maybe Edward took care of Charles when he was in his prodigal son stage-trying to help Carlisle and Esme out.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

I overall loved their relationship. I think they are perfect together because they're both peace makers if you know what I mean. :)
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3
xoPearl_Angelxo
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xoPearl_Angelxo »

I think Esme and Carlisle have such an intimate relationship that not many people can understand it fully. I don't think I've grasped it completely either. The level of understanding and maturinty they show to each other and to their "children" gives all of us readers a definite respect for them but not only that thier relatioship just makes you want to have that when you are in you late forties with your own hurband or wife. They may be forever in their 20's but are instigated in my mind as a gentle but loving couple in a very strong long lasting relationship.
APPC

avatar by *cullens & converse @ Vesperarium

Read My All Original Twilight Fanfic - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4277830/1/T ... everything