The Wedding

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ihavemylion
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: A mind like Bella's & living the love of Edward and Bella in real life

Re: The Wedding

Post by Ihavemylion »

She may be 18, almost 19, but she is an adult. At that age more people had already had physical relations with someone. And she plans to spend eternity with him. Shes is planning something much bigger and more extreme and more permanent than marriage and sex. She is planning on having her life taken from her. To be immortal. So isn't that a bigger commitment? If shes going to commit to something like then obviously she wants to be with Edward for the rest of time. Why not put an official name on it? Plus its confirming the love they have for each other, showing everyone that they are meant for each other and no matter what will be together forever.
And on top of that, it was so sweet, romantic, and intimate.
Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901--Team Edward
Switzerland--Team Bella
Converted to Cullenism
Gen Y
Banner created by ♥midnight_sun♥
FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

Ihavemylion wrote:She may be 18, almost 19, but she is an adult. At that age more people had already had physical relations with someone. And she plans to spend eternity with him. Shes is planning something much bigger and more extreme and more permanent than marriage and sex. She is planning on having her life taken from her. To be immortal. So isn't that a bigger commitment? If shes going to commit to something like then obviously she wants to be with Edward for the rest of time. Why not put an official name on it? Plus its confirming the love they have for each other, showing everyone that they are meant for each other and no matter what will be together forever.
Totally agree with your comment ^^.
She is an adult and alot of people her age have had physical relationships yes. So why are people saying its wrong? :?
Like the book they both love each other unconditonally and irreviably.
Jacobs blow up was expected. Of course he is worried for Bella she is his best friend. He only knows Edward as this 'bloodsucker' so of course he is gonna think their physical relationship is wrong.
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

FindYourTrueCalling wrote:
Ihavemylion wrote:She may be 18, almost 19, but she is an adult. At that age more people had already had physical relations with someone. And she plans to spend eternity with him. Shes is planning something much bigger and more extreme and more permanent than marriage and sex. She is planning on having her life taken from her. To be immortal. So isn't that a bigger commitment? If shes going to commit to something like then obviously she wants to be with Edward for the rest of time. Why not put an official name on it? Plus its confirming the love they have for each other, showing everyone that they are meant for each other and no matter what will be together forever.
Totally agree with your comment ^^.
She is an adult and alot of people her age have had physical relationships yes. So why are people saying its wrong? :?
Like the book they both love each other unconditonally and irreviably.
Jacobs blow up was expected. Of course he is worried for Bella she is his best friend. He only knows Edward as this 'bloodsucker' so of course he is gonna think their physical relationship is wrong.
Agree with both of you. Bella was just a month or so from her 19th birthday, as far as I can remember. And she was married. I don't think that anyone has the right to say that it is wrong to be intimate with the person you love, as long as it is something they both want and they are both considered adults.
I also agree that becoming a vampire is a much bigger commitment. Marriage and making love is really quite small compared to that. And I believe that a large part of Jacob's reaction was due to the fact that he didn't even want to think about Bella being intimate with another man.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
FindYourTrueCalling

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

Yeah absolutely.
Jacob makes a comment about Edward and Bella in Breaking Dawn if I remember correctly when he first finds out shes pregnant, something along the lines off " I didnt want to imagine him inside of her".
I imagine him to be both jealous and angry of Edward.
xoxo.
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
Cullen_Lover
Location: Daydreaming about Twilight out of my kitchen window.

Post by Cullen_Lover »

For my 100th post i would like to post it on a thread on one of the greatest moments of love in the specific
book. :D LOVED THIS PART :D I am glad to post lucky 100th post here. :D

Did that sound as stupid or cheesy as i thought?*shiver*

Luv Cullern_Lover.
OMG CHEESYNESS(I appologize for all cheesyness you may experiance while reading this post. Please dont eat me! :) )
ImageImageImage
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

I love their wedding. It's everything I dreamed of and more its just perfect for both Edward and Bella.
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

secsec1 wrote: I'd LOVE to get the wedding from Edward's POV, to know what he was thinking when he saw her walk down the stairs and to know what everyone was thinking of Bella.
You’re right, that would be amazing! :)
Forbidden_Freedom wrote:Twilight was so stretched out. We heard everything. Everything was calm, and happened gradually, no matter how anxious we were. BD just seemed a litle . . . compact.
Thank you, you have formulated something that I feel without being able to explain it… I love Breaking dawn, but it haven’t the same rhythm as the rest of the series.
EdwardNJessi wrote:Plus, I think the wedding is one of the rare times when I feel that Edward is the most content and happy. Throughout the whole series, he struggled with his vampire instincts...and his unavoidable love and attraction for Bella. But, the wedding...I felt his satisfaction and just pure happiness. My heart SWELLED!!!! :D :D
You are right, it one of the first time we see him that happy… with the meadow and the engagement… :)

But, am I the only one that feels sorry for Bella? I mean, if I was force to have a big wedding, to wear the big white dress… Even if it only to make my love happy… At least, I will wish to remember it the best as it possible. In a few years, the memory of Bella about her wedding will fade; they are only human memory… I know, for her, her wedding is a way to say goodbye to her human family, but…

I must be more egoist than Bella: I would wish to remember my wedding forever… :roll:

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
Edwards Wheels

Post by Edwards Wheels »

I loved the wedding, I think it's the little girls dream of pretty wedding day stuff. I also thought that Bella was pushed into having the big wedding by Alice, however I also think that Alice was right in that Bella would enjoy it and would love everything that had been arranged.
I wish that Jacob hadn't shown up at the wedding, maybe just before or something. I wanted the wedding to be about Bella and Edward. Yes mention others and have them involved, but when Jacob is involved he takes over the scenes, and to me the wedding wasn't anything to do with him. ( my personal opinion :? )