General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jazjade
Wandering Through Town

Re: Vampire Special Talents - Volturi Question

Post by jazjade »

brown_eyed_girl wrote:I must say I'm sorry to start off because I'm not sure if this is where this question should be. It didn't seem to fit anywhere else though and I couldn't find the answer anywhere else.

How do the Volturi travel? I just can't see them getting on an airplane like the Cullens.
Thanks!!!
I imagine them travelling in private jets. They probably have huge resources, and travel like other royalty.
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Vampire Special Talents

Post by museicalking »

the vampire talents are awesome- but i feel like so many others that it was something special, then became no so much when most of everyone had one. i love renesmee's talent_ its like visual memory time a thousand!!!
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

The description of Siobahn's power is not quite right.

She can influence the outcome of a certain situation.

And I don't think Zafrina exactly takes away sight it's just she can show someone nothing....
;)

Anyway, In most cases it's not the power itself that interest me but WHY they have a certain power. In the earlier books Carlisle said they all had a predisposition to a certain power in their human life but what Eleazer said expanded on that more. No one's gift manifest the same way because no one thinks the same way. So all the powers are some insight into their personality...

Jane and Alec are fairly obvious and Aro is to once I thought about it. He wants to just know EVERYTHING there is to know but it's not enough for him to just know or see through others he wants to get that hands on experience and thus needing to touch them. So this brings me to Edward....mind reading. We all know he's a bit of a no it all but his limitation, He can only read what a person is thinking at that moment. I've been trying to figure out why that is.

Kate and Eleazer to. What is it about them that...
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet
Forbidden_Freedom
Settled in Forks

Post by Forbidden_Freedom »

Everyone's talent is really believable and amazing. I mean, as a human, those things would be quite useful, and I could see how those particular gifts could manifest. But as for Ben's gift? The control over the elements? I haven't the foggiest how that would manifest itself when he was human.

To be honest, it sounds a little like Storm in X-Men.

Could someone explain Ben to me? Please?
YourFavoriteAries

Forbidden_Freedom wrote:Everyone's talent is really believable and amazing. I mean, as a human, those things would be quite useful, and I could see how those particular gifts could manifest. But as for Ben's gift? The control over the elements? I haven't the foggiest how that would manifest itself when he was human.

To be honest, it sounds a little like Storm in X-Men.

Could someone explain Ben to me? Please?
BEN IS AN AVATAR!!

XD. He reminds me of that little bald kid in that show (Not sure of his name).

Yep Ben's power is one of the one's I'm guessing at. Maybe he was um...close....to the elements....
:?
twilighter4eva
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilighter4eva »

i really want to know what Benjamen did while he was a human to get his power! his is ... wow!
"Uh, I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can google it."- Edward

"How do we even know she's Italian? Her name's Bella."
heartscreams

Post by heartscreams »

i'm guessing most of us are curious about Benjamin's talent. maybe back when he was human, he really loves nature, and so he managed to 'work' with them, now he's a vampire. that's just my theory. what do you guys think?

i'm still trying to understand the last part - how did Bella finally managed to do what she did? the whole bring-out-the-old-memories-out-from-her-head thing? did she apply the same force for the shield as for this one?

Siobhan and Zafrina have the coolest talents, especially Zafrina. so what was her ability as human, or Siobhan? is it because they were extremely creative with maybe paintings or graphics?

i have to admit, while i was reading the part when they started pushing out their talents, i was imagining Fantastic 4 and X-Men joining forces. hahahaahha!
Genevieve
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Genevieve »

stick to the topic here please? im sure stephenie can handle the problem herself.

btw, they said victoria and james had special powers at the end of the book in the vampire index.
what are their powers? i dont remember them having any.
YourFavoriteAries

Genevieve wrote:stick to the topic here please? im sure stephenie can handle the problem herself.

btw, they said victoria and james had special powers at the end of the book in the vampire index.
what are their powers? i dont remember them having any.
James is a tracker and Victoria has the "ability to evade death" or something along those lines.

Edward mentions it every now and then throughout about some uncanny ability to escape...

EDIT: and yeah it would help if we stayed on topic. There is a thread for the whole Midnight sun thing...
midnight_fix
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by midnight_fix »

heartscreams wrote:
i'm still trying to understand the last part - how did Bella finally managed to do what she did? the whole bring-out-the-old-memories-out-from-her-head thing? did she apply the sameforce for the shield as for this one?
The thing with Bella is that even when she was a human she had this shield protecting her mind and just didn't know it. Edward thought maybe he couldn't read her mind because she was on a different wavelength than everyone else (like she was on am and he was only hearing fm or something like that) but that turned out to be not true. So when Bella became a vampire and became aware of the shield she realized she could control it. If she mentally moved the shield her mind became as accessable as anyone elses is to Edward. I hope that helps.
Edward talks to me in my head.....they tried to give me medication for that but I wouldn't let them.