General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Re: Volturi and Werewolves

Post by Venecettia »

xXBeSafeXx wrote:I thought it was kind of typical of Aro to want them as guard dogs. More protection=more power. I did like finding out that Jacob's pack weren't actual werewolves, just shape-shifters, though. It makes them seem less intimidating. :D
It does make them seem less intimidating. But I do find it odd how they would "shape shift" into wolves, or a wolf like form, out of all the animals in the world? I really don't remember if it was explained in the book. But then you think of what real werewolves are like, compared to the "shape-shifters."
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

Venecettia wrote:
xXBeSafeXx wrote:I thought it was kind of typical of Aro to want them as guard dogs. More protection=more power. I did like finding out that Jacob's pack weren't actual werewolves, just shape-shifters, though. It makes them seem less intimidating. :D
It does make them seem less intimidating. But I do find it odd how they would "shape shift" into wolves, or a wolf like form, out of all the animals in the world? I really don't remember if it was explained in the book. But then you think of what real werewolves are like, compared to the "shape-shifters."
The wolf is a huge symbol in legends of native americans all over the country. So i'm not surprised. It could have been a bear or hawk..
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

^^ agreed. :D

It was very Aro like to want the wolfs as guard dogs. And funny. :lol:

But I found it strange that the Volturi hated the actual werewolves so much, but that they didn't really mind the Shape-shifter Quilleutue wolves.
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

[quote="AliceLauren"]^^ agreed. :D

It was very Aro like to want the wolfs as guard dogs. And funny. :lol:

But I found it strange that the Volturi hated the actual werewolves so much, but that they didn't really mind the Shape-shifter Quilleutue wolves.[/quot

Well, vampires and werewolves are classic enemies, so it didn't surprised me much. Just Aro to offer the pack the job of guard dogs! I bet Seth would be his pet. :roll:
Alcyone
Has More Hidden Talents Than Aro

Post by Alcyone »

Because the shapeshifter wolves aren't the same thing as the real werewolves who seem to be true thorns in the vampires' side. I suppose we could extrapolate our shape-shifters, tack on some myths like the moon one, make them a bit bigger, a bit more savage, a bit less human and we might have an idea of true werewolves...and the image isn't exactly pretty.
Set by *cullens & converse | AB Type
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

Um, won't the volturi and werevolves smell badly to each other? How will they cooperate?
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
Alcyone
Has More Hidden Talents Than Aro

Post by Alcyone »

Same way Cullens and shape-shifters cooperated. Same way Edward and Bella are going to have stand Jacob as a son-in-law. Sucking it in and just standing it.
Set by *cullens & converse | AB Type
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

Venecettia wrote:
I understood it to be because the first shape-shifter took the wolf's body, and since then, they all thought they were werewolves. No one ever knew that they were shape-shifters, and not actual werewolves, so none of them tried to change into anything else. As said in the book, whatever they change into the first time they shift, is what they will change into any other time they transform.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

be my escape wrote:What did you think of the Volturi's response to the wolves? Caius was not particularly happy, what did you think of his reasoning for that? What do you think of Aro wanting to keep them as guards dog?

As mentioned in Breaking Dawn, i think Caius is deeply threatened by werewolves since one almost took his life. With the Volturi they have a lust for power and total domination; the fact that they fear them and want them all destroyed shows their fear of being defeated. Like any tyrant, anyone who opposes them is seen as a threat so it must be destroyed. Especially since werewolves were in many ways designed to kill vampires..

I think Aro wishes to have them as guard dogs in an effort to gain control. If you've seen Underworld: Evolution you'll see what i'm talking about... :D
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

AliceLauren wrote:
But I found it strange that the Volturi hated the actual werewolves so much, but that they didn't really mind the Shape-shifter Quilleutue wolves.
Well *and I'm pulling from my Van Helsing knowledge now* but aren't vampires and werewolves mortal enemies. Like the werewolve (and obviously shapeshifters) are the only creature able to kill a vampire. I'm just going by the movie where the wolf was the only being able to kill a vampire. I understand its different in Twilight but maybe the two legends are similar.
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’