General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
perfect.shade.ofblue
Wandering Through Town

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Post by perfect.shade.ofblue »

is there absolutely just one person in the world that a person can imprint on?
cos if so, then the whole bella/edward thing was like fate or somthing, cos without them there would be no renesmee and jacob would never be able to imprint...
or do you think that he would have been able to imprint on someone else?
orrr do you think he was actually meant to imprint on bella, but since her and edward's love was so unbreakable that fate gave him the closest thing...

hmmm, i kinda went off on one lol
Suddenly everything was on fire;
There was brilliancy,
There was beauty.

*Jacob can go LaPush himself off a cliff* - TEAM EDWARD

&
Adrienne
Learning to Love Green

Post by Adrienne »

I feel like Jacob was never meant to imprint on Bella no matter how strong her and Edward's love was. Once someone imprints, that's it. Anything and everything else prior to that person ceases to exist and that person they imprinted on is the center of the universe to them, their gravitational pull. BUT, I think the whole book is based on fate. Too many coincidences for it to not be based on fate and we know that Stephenie Meyer didn't have the heart to not give her characters happy endings. Having said that, I don't think they could imprint on more than one person.

You know you are too into Twilight when you look at your husband and think

"Dammit, why don't you sparkle?"
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

K I have a question that came to mind when rereading The Vote in NM. I remember being, like Bella, surprised that Jasper would've voted yes to her becoming a vampire and I was trying to figure out why he said yes. I understand why Carlisle, Esme, and Alice all said yes. But I don't get Jasper or Emmett. The only thing I could think of was because for Jasper it would be easier for him to be around her when she's no longer human. And I couldn't quit put my finger down on Emmett. So I was just looking for some insight from other people, what're your thoughts?
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

(Some Midnight Sun discussion, you have been warned.)

During their hunt in Goat Rocks, Edward and Emmett have a discussion about Bella. Emmett, having an intensely physical relationship with Rosalie, couldn't understand how Edward could love Bella if he were unable to even touch her. For Emmett, changing Bella meant Edward could truly be with and love Bella, and Emmett is a great brother- he wants what he thinks is best for Edward. Hence, the vote for yes.

Jasper, even though he feels horrible about the whole birthday incident, that was probably only a little bit of what influenced his decision to vote yes. He's felt the emotional bond between Edward and Bella, and he too would like Edward to have someone in the world the way he has Alice.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

pennybug84 wrote:K I have a question that came to mind when rereading The Vote in NM. I remember being, like Bella, surprised that Jasper would've voted yes to her becoming a vampire and I was trying to figure out why he said yes. I understand why Carlisle, Esme, and Alice all said yes. But I don't get Jasper or Emmett. The only thing I could think of was because for Jasper it would be easier for him to be around her when she's no longer human. And I couldn't quit put my finger down on Emmett. So I was just looking for some insight from other people, what're your thoughts?
For Jasper, I thought one reason was Alice and supporting her vote, plus the fact that Alice already saw that Bella would eventually become a vampire. I don't think it really mattered to him either way, even with his subdued response.

Now Emmett, he was always okay with Bella being a part of the family. He liked Bella. That's how I saw it.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

There is probably a much better, and more insightful, lol, explanation than mine, but here goes...

It never surprised me, or even made me wonder why, when Emmett wanted Bella to stay with/become one of them. Emmett's like Edward's big brother, and knew Edward wanted Bella forever despite how afraid he was of making her immortal. Emmett also ended up really caring about Bella, and I think he truly wanted her around.

I'm sure you'll get a better response than mine, but that's my take, lol

EDIT wow a lot of fast answers on that one :lol:
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
cullens_love
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullens_love »

I always thought they voted yes because it was the only logical (not shure if it is the right word) thing to do. Like Carlisle said "Edward chose not to live without Bella" so there is no way to avoid making her a vampire.
Also I think they both like Bella so they wanted her to be one of them.
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
jazzlover
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jazzlover »

The fact that they both voted yes didn't surprise me at all. They had already accepted her fate because of Alice's vision (Jasper especially) so they were just ready for it to happen. That's the way I saw it.

Now I have a question. I'm aware that this is very weird but it is something that I have been thinking about for a while now.

To humans, flowers smell pleasant, not edible because they are omnivores. It's not really expected for a human to eat a flower. Vampires are straight up carnivores, so they only eat meat. Why is it that humans, or at least Bella, smell like something that wouldn't be natural for a vampire to eat but still smell appetizing?
"The wasting of finite resources is everyone's business."
suzyq248
Learning to Love Green

Post by suzyq248 »

perfect.shade.ofblue wrote:is there absolutely just one person in the world that a person can imprint on?
cos if so, then the whole bella/edward thing was like fate or somthing, cos without them there would be no renesmee and jacob would never be able to imprint...
or do you think that he would have been able to imprint on someone else?
orrr do you think he was actually meant to imprint on bella, but since her and edward's love was so unbreakable that fate gave him the closest thing...

hmmm, i kinda went off on one lol
I think that Jasper also voted yes because he knows what a threat the Voltui are and that if Bella is not changed the Volturi will come after the Cullens. I believe that he is so protective of Alice that he would not want to risk a confrontation with the Volturi over just turning Bella.
"Fall down again, Bella?"
"No, Emmett. I punched a werewolf in the face."
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

jazzlover wrote:The fact that they both voted yes didn't surprise me at all. They had already accepted her fate because of Alice's vision (Jasper especially) so they were just ready for it to happen. That's the way I saw it.

Now I have a question. I'm aware that this is very weird but it is something that I have been thinking about for a while now.

To humans, flowers smell pleasant, not edible because they are omnivores. It's not really expected for a human to eat a flower. Vampires are straight up carnivores, so they only eat meat. Why is it that humans, or at least Bella, smell like something that wouldn't be natural for a vampire to eat but still smell appetizing?
That's actually not precisely correct. Saying vampires are carnivores means they eat meat, which they do not. They drink blood (I suppose the term would be hematovore? Don't quote me on that), and since we don't, who are we to say what smells they find appealing?