General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Sorry to interrupt the discussion flow! :oops: I know this is totally off topic, but I didn't know where else to post it. We are having a DVD release party and wanted to serve the menu the Cullens were intending to serve Bella in the movie. Does anyone know if that information is available, and where it would be?

thanks! Please return to the discussion at hand! :D
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

I only remember the salad (It hit the floor). I know that I saw links to the screen play, if you can find those links, you may be able to find it in there.
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

twilightsagaaddict wrote:Sorry to interrupt the discussion flow! :oops: I know this is totally off topic, but I didn't know where else to post it. We are having a DVD release party and wanted to serve the menu the Cullens were intending to serve Bella in the movie. Does anyone know if that information is available, and where it would be?

thanks! Please return to the discussion at hand! :D
I THINK Esme called it "camponata italiana". It's a salad.
i2foundu
Wandering Through Town

Post by i2foundu »

I took a few days off and I'm more than a few pages behind I wanted to reply to a few ideas athough this is my second try because I was timed out. So I'm going to try again and then edit so I don't loose what I want to say:

The scene of Sam finind Bella in the woods: I agree that Sam was in wolf form when he found Bella. I believe he walked away for two reasons though; one that he could transform to human form and two so he could get dress. Could you imagine him carrying Bella home naked?

Esme and her widow(?): Esme's human death was in 1921. I really don't think the feds were out looking for a suicide cases body. If they were I'm sure that Dr. Cullen could have put in paperwork giving reason to the missing corps.
~Also, Bella married Edward to appease him. It was a symbol of her choosing to be with him for eternity. Vampires don't really have to be married. Rose and Emmett did it to keep cover as much as they enjoyed going away on honeymoons. There continuous marriages gave the Cullen family reason to stay under there identities. Esme's widow would have been legally allowed to marry so why wouldn't Esme. Her former identity was legally dead. I'm sure Mr. Jenkin's associate had given her a few new identities since then.

Edit: I'm so irritated to be redoing this

Alice and her visions at the studio: Alice, as in BD, I'm sure realizes that they have to wait for Edward and Carlisle to get off the plane to pervail in beating James. She most likely also thought that her and Jasper would be able to keep an eye on Bella. Bella also thought that Alice thought her visions were more likely afffected from James's decisions, not Bella's betrayal. Also someone else mentioned that the Cullens would have had to be cautious in there appearance. It would brought too much attention for Jasper to be chasing a teenager through the Sky Harbour Airport. Also Bella told Alice where the Ballet Studio was. Bella was able to get there first because she knew Phoenix better. She was able to get a Cab where the Cabbie knew Phoenix as well. The Cullens would have had to highjack at least two cars and they didn't know directions.

With this scenario I was contemplating anotther idea and I would like others thoughts. It is possible to bite and not turn a human. I realize that it would take enormous control, but it would be possible to keep a human as a host for blood. I'm sure that some humans like the hostess in Volterra who would do this for a time in exchange for immortal life. I am surprised that this method is not used at all.
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

i2foundu wrote:I'm sure Mr. Jenkin's associate had given her a few new identities since then.
J and his associate always dealt with Jasper - for 35 years. Esme was turned way before then - I am thinking she found another way to claim a new identity.
With this scenario I was contemplating anotther idea and I would like others thoughts. It is possible to bite and not turn a human. I realize that it would take enormous control, but it would be possible to keep a human as a host for blood. I'm sure that some humans like the hostess in Volterra who would do this for a time in exchange for immortal life. I am surprised that this method is not used at all.
Are you just going by general vampire lore? Because in SM's series, a venomous bite to a human will turn them. The only way not to turn them once bitten is to suck the venom out before it spreads - as Edward did. So you're saying they could just bite the human, suck their own venom out, along with the blood?

If a human loses too much blood, they die. I am thinking that if one completely drained mountain lion or elk does not fully satisfy a vampire, they'd need more than a partially drained human.

Image Image
i2foundu
Wandering Through Town

Post by i2foundu »

ForJazz926 wrote:J and his associate always dealt with Jasper - for 35 years. Esme was turned way before then - I am thinking she found another way to claim a new identity.

Hopefully the point was still there. She got papers.
The only way not to turn them once bitten is to suck the venom out before it spreads - as Edward did. So you're saying they could just bite the human, suck their own venom out, along with the blood?

If a human loses too much blood, they die. I am thinking that if one completely drained mountain lion or elk does not fully satisfy a vampire, they'd need more than a partially drained human.
This fits what I was thinking. I don't remember Edward having any effects to the venom. Part of Cullens' thirst that is not satisfied is that it is not humans. If it was practiced the Vampire would need to learn, with a few failed attempts I'm sure, how to take enough to leave the human alive. The vampire would most likely need more than one human. It is not nesseccary to feed daily. Taking feeding more regularly, a pint a day might sustain thirst. Being a Dr. would help with recoveries.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

This starts on a slippery slope. From Personal Correspondence #12:
Different topic: drinking human blood by pints. Carlisle’s a doctor. He could easily get access to donated human blood and live on that. Would it taste better, even cold, than animal blood. A hundred times better. No one has to be hurt except people in need of a transfusion. So why don’t they do it? Because it makes it harder to resist killing people. Satisfying the craving does not make them LESS likely to kill someone by accident in a fit of thirst. It makes them MORE likely to do it. Keeping that flavor off their tongue is a way to protect people.
So, while it is in theory possible for a vampire to drain some blood from a human without killing the human, given their desire for blood, at some point they're going to slip. They're going to think "Oh I can take a little more," and so on, until they drain so much that the human dies.
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

i2foundu wrote:I don't remember Edward having any effects to the venom.
I am not sure EXACTLY what this sentence means, but if you mean that Edward did not have an adverse reaction to the venom that he sucked out, I never said that it did. I was just trying to confirm with you what process you thought would work, because you didn't specify in your post.
ringswraith wrote:So, while it is in theory possible for a vampire to drain some blood from a human without killing the human, given their desire for blood, at some point they're going to slip. They're going to think "Oh I can take a little more," and so on, until they drain so much that the human dies.
I think this is spot on, as is what you quoted. I mean look at Jasper - it's harder for him to abstain since he was "rewarded" so often and so frequently with human blood. I think this idea would totally kill all that the Cullens have worked for and believe in.

Image Image
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

OK another quick quesiton, andthanks for the answers to my last one.
OK so in Eclipse, when Bella is at the Bonfire with the wolves, they tell teh story of when just after the first set of wolves go, tehre is only one little boy left who can smell the vampire - evn though he wasn't a wolve yet.
So I was wondering, did Jacob ever notice the smell of Edward before he became a Wolf?
He methim a couple of times, but did he notice? Or did Edward smell sickly sweet?
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

eliselovesedwardx wrote:OK another quick quesiton, andthanks for the answers to my last one.
OK so in Eclipse, when Bella is at the Bonfire with the wolves, they tell teh story of when just after the first set of wolves go, tehre is only one little boy left who can smell the vampire - evn though he wasn't a wolve yet.
So I was wondering, did Jacob ever notice the smell of Edward before he became a Wolf?
He methim a couple of times, but did he notice? Or did Edward smell sickly sweet?
Well, Bella definitely smelled Edward, and to her it was very good (though she couldn't name the fragrance until after her change).

I would assume that Jacob would have smelled the same thing, but since he hadn't changed yet I doubt he knew what the smell meant. (Also not sure if he found it repulsive.)