Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
perfect.shade.ofblue
Wandering Through Town

Re: Twilight Saga #4

Post by perfect.shade.ofblue »

ringswraith wrote:Apparently, they can.

I've wondered that myself- why would their hair be so vulnerable to a simple pair of shears, when they're well-nigh indestructible- but Stephenie Meyer herself said that if a vampire got a haircut, well, hope he/she likes it 'cause it's not growing back out. (I actually think it's in one of the Personal Correspondence links...)
hmmm, isn't thier hair meant to be right soft though? I'm sure Bella always comments n Edwards being soft, or maybe i just made that up lol
Suddenly everything was on fire;
There was brilliancy,
There was beauty.

*Jacob can go LaPush himself off a cliff* - TEAM EDWARD

&
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Well their hair is pretty normal, compared to the rest of them. :)
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I don't remember if Bella ever said anything specifically about Edward's hair being soft, but she did put her hands in his hair more than a few times and never mentioned it being "different" like the rest of the vampires' bodies. So, I always just assumed it was like human hair...just without the ability to regrow...

Thank you Naureen!!
Adrienne
Learning to Love Green

Post by Adrienne »

I believe it's in Twilight in the meadow scene where Bella mentions the way the sun and wind played against his hair, the most human part of him.

You know you are too into Twilight when you look at your husband and think

"Dammit, why don't you sparkle?"
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

I definitely remember her saying that he had the softest hair - but I don't remember which scene that was in.

Image Image
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

ringswraith wrote:Apparently, they can.

I've wondered that myself- why would their hair be so vulnerable to a simple pair of shears, when they're well-nigh indestructible- but Stephenie Meyer herself said that if a vampire got a haircut, well, hope he/she likes it 'cause it's not growing back out. (I actually think it's in one of the Personal Correspondence links...)
Huh. Maybe I made up the part about the split ends... and it didn't make sense to me that Alice could put her hair in pin curls, but not cut it. I trust the Human Google more than my own memory.

Image Image Image
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

^The part about split ends was an example SM gave of how their hair won't change in the transformation. It won't beautify, the venom won't fix your split ends.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

I know this has come up before and some of the answers are interesting.
When the venom transforms you, it doesn't affect your hair.
It also doesn't necessarily affect your weight either. I remember Bella describing one of the vampires in Breaking Dawn as a large but beautiful. I don't have my books so I can't recall the name of the person (Rings? Who Needs Fangs?)
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

dopeydm wrote:I know this has come up before and some of the answers are interesting.
When the venom transforms you, it doesn't affect your hair.
It also doesn't necessarily affect your weight either. I remember Bella describing one of the vampires in Breaking Dawn as a large but beautiful. I don't have my books so I can't recall the name of the person (Rings? Who Needs Fangs?)
That would be Siobahn, of the Irish coven. I believe Bella also mentioned something about the way she... jiggled... when she moved...
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Ok, on the topic of body size not changing when someone transitions into a vampire...I'm surious what everything thinks about Bella's transformation and her lack of a belly when she did so. As most women know, or those of us who have had babies, the belly doesn't disappear as soon as the birth is over. It can take months to lose the bump. And Bella was sooo huge, I would think she would definitely still have a bump going on. Why was her stomach flat after her transition? Just curiosu what everyone's thoughts are on the idea....

Oh, and back to the hair discussion we had not that long ago...I know vampires' hair is soft enough to be managed and moved because Alice wears her hair in curls instead of her usual spikes for Bella and Edward's wedding...I just reread that description the other day. So it must be somewhat soft and managable...

Thank you Naureen!!