General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #4

Post by Lacuna Scion »

Lucyth wrote:1) If a human were to get a henna tattoo, then become a vampire, what would happen to it? All impurities are removed once the transformation is complete, but a henna tattoo stains the skin all the way through.

I think the henna would be dissolved. If you think about it the venom is powerful enough to eat away at any stubborn acne, I think it would be powerful enough to overcome the ink as well.

Lucyth wrote:2) Can Edward read the minds of animals? Unlike Alice, who can only see the futures on humans and vamipres because she was/is one, Edward can read the mind of werewolves and hybrids too. Does this mean he can read the minds of any living organism? Or just things with a human relation?

I think this only applies to humans. I don't think animals are considered to have independent thoughts. This kinda goes in to belief, but many people don't believe animals have free will. Therefore they do not consciously choose to do things, so there's no actual thought process. It's all instinct or learned patterns. *shrugs* that's a tough one.

If he could though, I think it'd be hard because that "voice" that he looks for would be so weak.

Lucyth wrote:Can Jaspers power allow him to make vampires sleep? Vampires don't need to rest, but if he tried, do you think it would work? When Jasper tries to make somebody feel a certain emotion, they have to feel it, there is no stopping it unless they leave the room, so why couldn't this work with vampires? Maybe Edward really could sleep with Bella. (sleep, nothing else ;) )

That's another tough one. Jasper can actually make people sleep; he made Bella sleep a couple times in TW, but have we ever had an instance of him effecting vampires? I don't know; does his skill apply to vampires? If his other powers (like making people happy or sad) worked on vamps, then I assume the sleep thing would apply.

Just because it's not natural for them doesn't mean it's not necessarily possible. None of the emotions that Jasper would force on a person at a given time are necessarily natural at the moment (that's probably why he's there in the first place).

I don't know if that last one made sense, but there you go. That's just my opinion though :P

-Rose
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Lacuna Scion wrote:
Lucyth wrote:Can Jaspers power allow him to make vampires sleep? Vampires don't need to rest, but if he tried, do you think it would work? When Jasper tries to make somebody feel a certain emotion, they have to feel it, there is no stopping it unless they leave the room, so why couldn't this work with vampires? Maybe Edward really could sleep with Bella. (sleep, nothing else ;) )
That's another tough one. Jasper can actually make people sleep; he made Bella sleep a couple times in TW, but have we ever had an instance of him effecting vampires? I don't know; does his skill apply to vampires? If his other powers (like making people happy or sad) worked on vamps, then I assume the sleep thing would apply.

Just because it's not natural for them doesn't mean it's not necessarily possible. None of the emotions that Jasper would force on a person at a given time are necessarily natural at the moment (that's probably why he's there in the first place).
I wonder... was it Jasper making Bella sleep or making her feel so relaxed that she just happened to fall asleep? I think he could make vampires get to that utterly relaxed state right before sleep, but not sleep. I mean,

I'm pretty sure his skill does have an effect on vampires -- the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is in Twilight when Edward is telling Bella that he doesn't really have secrets from his family & she says something like "and Jasper makes you feel all warm & fuzzy about spilling your guts" and Edward (I think) agrees with her. I'm sure there's a better example than that but I'm too lazy to look it up. :D

Image Image Image
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

^If his power didn't work on vampires he would have been near useless when organizing the newborn armies, and probably wouldn't have made it past his first year.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

Good point. I'm pretty sure it does work on them. And I think in Twilight when he made Bella fall asleep - that was because he made her FEEL like she needed to fall asleep. When human's feel tired and relaxed, that's what they do. But when a vamp gets tired and relaxed, they are probably just like, "....wtf?" So I think he just takes care of the moods and the feelings, and then the bodies take over the rest. If the body doesn't have a response to those moods and feelings, then nothing happens.

Image Image
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I agree. The most he could probably do to a vampire is make them feel lethargic- what happens next is a function of what said vampire does in this state. (Maybe they'll be like Marcus- he'll just go "Meh" and stare off into space or something. :lol: )
Jen_Cullen_31343
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Jen_Cullen_31343 »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this.. BUT... anyone have any recommendations on books or series to read after twilight? Please no harry potter..
TEAM EDWARD!

BECAUSE JACOB DOESN'T SPARKLE =]
Lucyth
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Lucyth »

Jen_Cullen_31343 wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this.. BUT... anyone have any recommendations on books or series to read after twilight? Please no harry potter..
I'm not sure this is the right place, but please tell me if you get any replies ;) I'm bored out of my mind right now, and with school back on, it's worse than ever. I could really use a good book ^^
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5010378/1/
Please read my Fanfic.
x..Toura
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Jen_Cullen_31343 wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this.. BUT... anyone have any recommendations on books or series to read after twilight? Please no harry potter..
Well, I'm not sure, either, but I'll you reply your question, anyway. There are some series that I actually like a lot and they more or less follow SM's style. (fantastic and romantic)

Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray

His Dark Material Trilogy by Phillip Pullman

The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot

This one, I confess I haven't read yet... but I'm willing to buy as soon as I can:

Secret Society Girl Series by Diana Peterfreund

That's all can think for now.
~*~Emily~*~
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ~*~Emily~*~ »

Lunna-san wrote:
The His Dark Materials Trilogy by Phillip Pullman.you MUST read the HDM trilogy! It's amazing,haunting,beautiful,completly unique.Before I read the Twilight Saga,I thought I'd never find better.It's still almost tied with twilight on my list.

Anyway,I HIGHLY recommend it.
<><
~TEAM EDWARD~
Team Cullen-Giving the word Vampire a whole new meaning
ImageImage
liquidtopazmusic
Settled in Forks

Post by liquidtopazmusic »

Hi, if Nessie bites Jacob does the venom do anything to him? Or does she not have venom? because I remember reading somewhere that venom was leathal to werewolves, and if she bites Jacob wouldn't he react to that?