General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
purple_panda
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #4

Post by purple_panda » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:08 am

Theory #2: After the transformation, there is still some blood in their system from the human life. I believe the reason why newborns' eyes are red is because the blood within the eyes are the last to be asorbed. The reasons for "vegetarian" vampires and human-drinking vampires' eye color difference could be chemical reactions due to DNA differences in the blood. I know, very technical and may not be true, but I wanted to try and crack the puzzle.
I agree with this theory, though i think the reason their eyes change after an animal diet is becasue of the difference between animals and humans. yes, we are technically animals, but we haeva more complex structure, in the body and mind. i think that somehow, our different structures change eye color.

ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:25 am

The thing with that theory is, blood doesn't determine eye color in humans. Pigments in the iris do. Now, unless the transformation somehow alters these pigment-producing cells in the iris, I don't see why they would continually change color. (Not to mention that the cells would have to be able to react to the presence of blood, or lack thereof, and what type of blood was ingested, in order to produce the correct pigmentation.)

Another explanation is that the transformation actually wipes out all pigmentation from the iris, rendering it essentially transparent. Then you could see the blood vessels underneath; if filled with blood, you see red. Otherwise, the eyes seem dark. Now that doesn't explain why animal blood turns them amber/gold, and it assumes that the blood vessels are still used when the vampire has blood in their system.

dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:08 am

I have to say it is just literary licensing. The way the irises are colored in true human biology can not be altered in the ways described above. For me, I suspended belief with several of the vampirization things. If drinking blood makes you stronger, how could it not move through your veins? We know that humans utilize their hearts to pump energy throughout the body. So, in this case as well, I suspend belief and enjoy the intricate details that SM has created.
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."

ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:52 pm

^--- Agreed. :)

Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:33 pm

Totally agree! That is the way it has to be with almost all fantasy writing, and even well made series have bumps in them. Enjoy the ride, but don't look too closely at the road -- my father used to say that about much of our beloved sci-fi stories when I was younger.

TeamEmmit
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamEmmit » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:15 pm

I am sorry if this question was asked because I did not read through all of the boards.

How does Bella block Kate's power? Bella only has a mental defense and Kate's current is physically running over her skin.

Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:32 pm

Kate's power is only an illusion, like Jane's and Alex's powers. Kate doesn't cause pain, she just manipulates your mind to make you think you feel pain. Like Edward, it is a mental thing. Bella was also able to stop Garrett from feeling the pain of Kate's electrical shocks. Jasper's power actually affects the body by pumping the right chemicals into the system, adrenaline and serotonin and such.

Danica
Wandering Through Town

Post by Danica » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:45 am

okay just a quicky as is its been bugging me. because i've been thinking about it a bit too much resently
but...... if the cullens where to bite say a rabbit but not kill it, just infect it with venom and leave it because they got distracted or what ever. would there be a vampire bunny terrorizing forks? would their venom effect animals? why wouldnt it? after all before the cullens and the Denali, there wouldnt be a recorded case to go on.
okay maybe a rabbit was a bad example as its heart wouldnt be strong enough but you know what i mean.

if this has already been answered i do apoloise. i'm still trying to get through everything.
To sleep, perchance to dream. Ay, there's the rub...
watch out the green imp is about....

AliceluvsJasper2eva
Wandering Through Town

Post by AliceluvsJasper2eva » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:41 am

ringswraith wrote:
RebeccaCullen wrote:
Was ever explained why the vampire's eyes changed from their natural human colour to the red or gold (when fed) vampire colour? I just find it odd that they eye pigment would change considering that everything else stayed the same when they changed.

No, I don't believe any explanation was actually given. It just is.

Um......the reason for a newborn vampire after the transformation to still have red eyes is a natural effect because of just the little bit of human blood that was caught in the eyes while the transformation was still in action. While living on the "vegetarian" lifestyle the animal blood helps nuetralize the red turning it into a burgandy,then amber, to a gold. The diffrence between living on human blood and animal blood is the DNA chemical reaction in the blood of the two. So the girl or boy that wrote the theory you are totally correct. And i agree what you said.
Emmett and Edward are the hottest vampires alive!!!!

AliceluvsJasper2eva
Wandering Through Town

Post by AliceluvsJasper2eva » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:48 am

Danica wrote:okay just a quicky as is its been bugging me. because i've been thinking about it a bit too much resently
but...... if the cullens where to bite say a rabbit but not kill it, just infect it with venom and leave it because they got distracted or what ever. would there be a vampire bunny terrorizing forks? would their venom effect animals? why wouldnt it? after all before the cullens and the Denali, there wouldnt be a recorded case to go on.
okay maybe a rabbit was a bad example as its heart wouldnt be strong enough but you know what i mean.

if this has already been answered i do apoloise. i'm still trying to get through everything.
um....danica i think that if a cullen infects the rabbit with venom that it take all it's needs to the next level. Um it will make it stronger but not a vampire rabbit.... Also it would probably terrorize forks by it eatin habits but probably nothing serious. The vemon in the rabbit if it were to bite another animal i think that it may make it strong like the itself but not a vampire..but there is a possibility that it could. If you have any questions there are many on here to answer them but my name is AliceluvsJasper2eva....so you can ask me anything or anybody else on
Emmett and Edward are the hottest vampires alive!!!!