General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullens_love
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Saga #4

Post by cullens_love »

Was it ever said if all the Volutri were italians, or did they find each other they way Carlisle found them?
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I assume that the Volturi (at least, Aro, Caius, and Marcus- presumably the wives, as well) are actually Italian. They practically built Volterra, and with the whole "St. Marcus" thing, helped spread all the false information about vampires...

Victoria had a talent for evasion, yes. I didn't realize Heidi had an ability either- now I'll have to check that list again. :)

I'm assuming it helps her "go fishing" so it's likely an ability to draw people to her (charisma) or something like that.

As far as Edward's taunting of Victoria (regarding James and his feelings for her)... Well, Edward did say he was a good liar. I'm half-and-half on this one; whether or not it was the truth, the intent was to keep Victoria from fleeing.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

I feel like such a bad Trivia master for not showing up here until the second page.

I always thought that Heidi's power was that people were inexplicably drawn to her, when we saw her in Volterra she seemed confounded at the sight of Bella, maybe it was because Bella didn't approach her at all? Just a thought that passed through my mind at this moment.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

That's a possibility. I always thought it was the fact that an unknown human female (who smells good, at that) managed to get into the tower and out without being eaten.

Not to mention the fact that a shirtless Edward and Alice are hovering over her.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

That's what I thought the first time reading it, too. The last time, I was reading at two in the morning, so my mind was fairly topsy-turvy. :mrgreen:

Funny that the shirtless breakfast maker mentions Edward's lack of clothing... but wasn't he wearing Felix's cloak at this point?
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

LOL. Never even crossed my mind. :lol:

Yes, he had the cloak on at this point.

I wonder if Heidi's ability has an area of effect. Remember the old lady with the rosary? She was quite confused upon entering the tower... Maybe because Heidi stayed outside, and the woman got outside her area of influence..?
Lucyth
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Lucyth »

ringswraith wrote:LOL. Never even crossed my mind. :lol:

Yes, he had the cloak on at this point.

I wonder if Heidi's ability has an area of effect. Remember the old lady with the rosary? She was quite confused upon entering the tower... Maybe because Heidi stayed outside, and the woman got outside her area of influence..?
Doubt it. If you were invited into a special VIP tower full of amazing, beautiful people, furniture and antiques, i think you would be a little happy atleast. If you were a tourist, I'm guessing you would be a little stunned at the beauty of a place like that, and not able to feel scared or afraid, because, as far as they're concerned, theres no reson to. I suspected the woman with the rosary knew something 'evil' was in the tower (hense, the rosary), but she got caught in a crowd and sort of followed everybody else in? Thats how I thought of it, anyway.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5010378/1/
Please read my Fanfic.
x..Toura
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

The woman with the rosary has always thrown me. I figured Heidi put have some special power to confuse people and make them trust her because otherwise how else would a woman devout enough in her faith to be walking around with a rosary get caught up in going to see the castle? If she knew something evil was in the tower, she probably would have known it when she saw the outside of the castle for the first time. I always assumed Heidi's ability to be alluring was what got the people inside. Then, once they were all in the hallway, Heidi could drop the charm because they were locked inside. That's when the rosary woman noticed where she was and knew enough to be afraid. Anyway, that's just always been my take on it...

Thank you Naureen!!
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

I actually have a simpler explanation to the rosary woman's reaction.
You know those people who just feel that something is wrong or evil? A lot of old people have that sixth sense. What I'm guessing is that this particular woman was a tourist and visiting. She walked in the tower with the crowd feeling uneasy. Whatever lured her in, was not so definitive as it was for the others. She walked in because despite her uneasiness, she was touring and there was no way she knew for sure that was dangerous. Again, something like a sixth sense told her it's a evil place, but she walked in anyway because so many other we doing so...
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I just thought she must've got caught up with all the people following heidi.. and maybe got scared while she was down there cause it was dark and stuff? Not all tourists are excitedly curious..

I'd know i'd freak out if I was in a dark castle thingy..
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart