General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #4

Post by Openhome »

Coffee drinking is only important to those who do it, and since SM is a Mormon, she probably doesn't drink coffee. Besides, Bella's dad might drink coffee but as a bachelor, I doubt he makes it himself. Bella didn't drink pop much, and so probably didn't like coffee since she was so young. We don't get a lot of other people's perspective on food except for the wolf pack, so, though coffee is very much a part of Washington State, it simply wasn't a part of the main character's lives.
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

I have to agree and go with the Mormon answer. Stephenie doesn't drink that, so it probably didn't cross her mind much. Other than the cokes that Bella drinks at Bella Italia and the root beer Jacob downs in Eclipse, you don't hear much about drinking anything (other than blood) in this series. But you know, there aren't many touches of anything like that in the series much. Yes they have cell phones and computers. But Bella e-mails her mom a couple of time and that's about it. I've read other teen books that are riddled with pop culture type stuff about texting and PMs and facebook and myspace and Abercrombie and Gap and you name it. Twilight didn't focus so much on stuff like that for me.
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

I think that is why it is seems so timeless. Some other books that I have read, I can see them going away in a year or two because the pop icons won't be as popular. Twilight seems like it will stand the test of time and still be relevant in decades to come. I think Stephenie did an excelent job in removing the timing nature of the story.
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
carranzaya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: My personal and beautiful Universe where Edward and Ian exist!!!

Post by carranzaya »

Dear Nena, am from Nicaragua, my english not so good so if make some mistakes be patience with me.

I just love Twilight Saga, i have some doubts about Breaking Dawn, well just one to be precise and I woul really appreciate if you could cleared up.

Well it is at the last chapter 39.The Happily Ever After, after Bella let Edward read her mind, she says "Now you know, No one's ever loved anyone as much as I love you" but he say to her: "You're almost right, I know of just one exception" so my doubt is: Who is he talking about? Who it the exception? Himself, because of the way of hi love her? Please help me with this, cause it is unbearable not to know.

I will eternally grateful if you can help me to understand better.

Thanks, Yadira.
"You are the most important thing to me ever"
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

Hi Carranzaya!
The answer is yes, he is talking about himself. Both believed that they loved the other more, and I am sure they will spend all of eternity to try and prove it.
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Lacuna Scion »

Really Random Question: When was it that Bella definitively told Jacob that she wanted to be changed. I know it must've happened. He didn't just assume. Was the wedding in BD really the first time she came outright with it?

Please and thank you!
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Lacuna Scion wrote:Really Random Question: When was it that Bella definitively told Jacob that she wanted to be changed. I know it must've happened. He didn't just assume. Was the wedding in BD really the first time she came outright with it?

Please and thank you!
Nope- it happens during Eclipse. I believe it's the third(?) time Bella visits Jacob, when they're in his garage, talking over warm sodas. This is the time when Jacob tells Bella that he'd rather she was dead, and she responds by taking her bike (in the rain) home to the Cullens.

Of course, since the epilogue of New Moon, where Jacob reiterates the words of the treaty to Edward, Jacob's realized that Bella does indeed plan to join the Cullens as a vampire. She doesn't actually confirm this in so many words until the above conversation in the next book, though, from what I recall.
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Lacuna Scion »

Thanks Rings! I got one more for anyone who's game!

Do you think vampires can still be ticklish? I realize that a human wouldn't be able to because their skin is so strong, but do you think if the proportional amount of force or pressure applied to vampire skin (by another vampire) as in the human case... that it could work? They still have all their sensory receptors. I think it'd be a pity to lose tickling to immortality :P
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I would say yes. During their first night in their own home, Bella asks if Edward misses her being soft (as a human), and he counters by saying she is soft. It's clearly a matter of perception, and I'm pretty sure a vampire's skin will give to a vampire's touch, as if both were human. :)
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

As a side note, being able to be tickled is a psychological phenomenon more than a physical one. You react because of a safe lack of trust (like with a sibling) or a desire for play. That's why you can't tickle yourself, and why strangers tickles all hurt.
If a vampire felt playful or out of control, they would feel ticklish. I have a feeling, it is a major part of Rosalie and Emmett's relationship. :lol: