Post by twilightsagaaddict »

....."happy vampy trail"........ NICE!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Twilight Saga #4

Post by akire »

You guys... Julie drooling on the lex is like, a daily occurrence. Remain calm.
ringswraith wrote:Yes, they have body hair. They're frozen in whatever state they were in at the time of transformation- why would they suddenly lose body hair and yet have full heads of hair (and eyebrows, eyelashes)?

They just can't grow more hair. Or regrow it if it's been cut.
So... I wondered if their hair COULD be cut. Cause I thought I read somewhere that SM said something about "if you have split ends, then too bad," which I took to mean... no haircuts.

Image Image Image
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

akire wrote:You guys... Julie drooling on the lex is like, a daily occurrence. Remain calm.
LOL! Wow - someone knows me well enough on here for my secret to be out! Crap! I thought if I just drooled occassionally in different threads, no one would notice. But you're on to me! I'll have to rein it in a bit.
So... I wondered if their hair COULD be cut. Cause I thought I read somewhere that SM said something about "if you have split ends, then too bad," which I took to mean... no haircuts.

Perhaps that's why they gave Ashley Greene such a bad wig in Twilight - they were trying to portray the less fortunate vampires who were stuck with their split ends. Apparently human Alice had dead rodent hair growing out of her follicles.
Last edited by ForJazz926 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

ForJazz926 wrote: Perhaps that's why they gave Ashley Greene such a bad wig in Twilight - they were trying to portray the less fortunate vampires who were stuck with their split ends. Apparently human Alice had a dead rodent hair growing out of her follicles.
Haha... seriously! Her hair was supposed to be bad (b/c of the whole asylum thing, I think) but man, I'm sure she could've, like, used a flatiron or something. Sheesh. Hopefully it's better in NM, apparently tons of things are supposed to be better.

I AM wondering about the haircut thing, though. Can vampires cut their hair?

Image Image Image
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

^^ I don't see why not :lol:
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Apparently, they can.

I've wondered that myself- why would their hair be so vulnerable to a simple pair of shears, when they're well-nigh indestructible- but Stephenie Meyer herself said that if a vampire got a haircut, well, hope he/she likes it 'cause it's not growing back out. (I actually think it's in one of the Personal Correspondence links...)
Adrienne
Learning to Love Green

Post by Adrienne »

Lacuna Scion wrote:Wow. I got to reading "Uterus of Steel". OH. EM. GEE! It's so hilarious. Favorite line EVER!: Just because you have a man crush on sparkle f*** doesn't change the rules.

Wow. I love you guys. I so needed this.

So, I have another opinion question, probably doesn't have a quantifiable answer but: what do you think would've happened to Bella if the Cullens never came back to Forks? I know it's been said that Jacob was the natural course her life would've taken but would she have been in any shape for another boyfriend, let alone a life's mate?

What about college? We know she didn't care about school; would she have just slipped even further into oblivion - just gone to school locally and been an android the rest of her life? Or maybe she wouldn't even have gone.

Or do you think Edward was right? Do you think she would have eventually moved on? Not forgotten, but able to pick herself up and function normally and even happily for Charlie and Jacob and the rest of her friends.

Personally, it makes me sad to think of her all alone and wallowing like that for so long, so I instinctively think she would move on - but only after a LONG time.
I don't think she would ever move on no matter what. I'm sure she would've stayed with Jacob and continued a life with him after her obvious "mourning" was over. Jacob wasn't healing her heart, just creating another space for himself. I'm positive she would've eventually function normally for everyone as she is always trying to please everyone else that she cares about. I invision her as Marcus only that in her situation, she is the one controlling herself. Thank goodness (personal correspondence) that Alice couldn't see a future where Edward didn't eventually cave in.

You know you are too into Twilight when you look at your husband and think

"Dammit, why don't you sparkle?"