General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
nerdaloha
Settled in Forks

Re: Jacob and Nessie

Post by nerdaloha »

I'm still wondering why everybody thinks theres no chance N will want to date a human? She may be independent enough (perhaps like her Aunt Alice, instead of her mom) to go out and do something on her own; if Jacob is really supposed to be whatever he needs, and she needs some freedom, can he leave her alone?

I guess we won't know until SM writes the book, but if she goes in to the world to have her own adventures maybe N will meet a human and fall in love.
jacobblacksgirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Riding motocycles with Jacob........Cliff diving with Jacob, Embry, Quil, and Sam

Post by jacobblacksgirl »

So its true that in Breaking Dawn...Jacob imprints on Nessie....I never read Breaking Dawn...I only read about the wedding and that's about it...
I got my werewolf boy.
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

They say that the girl who has been imprinted on can't help but to fall in love because of the devotion to them, but Nessie has that type of devotion from multiple sources. I am expecting some Teenage Rebellion with Nessie. Can you imagine going to high school with your parents and knowing that your dad can read your mind? I like to see her end up with Jacob, but I think she will need to try out a few human boys as well! Maybe just for shock value! :)
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

jacobblacksgirl wrote:So its true that in Breaking Dawn...Jacob imprints on Nessie....I never read Breaking Dawn...I only read about the wedding and that's about it...
If you really want to get more of a depth of the story you have to pick up BD!
BellsEdwardalways
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by BellsEdwardalways »

So, does anyone wonder what exactly Jacob and Nessie's kids would be? I mean as long as she can have kids but I am not sure she can? Or have you guys already talked about this. But anyway, when she gets older assuming she marries Jacob and can have kids they would have to be like 1/3 human, 1/3 vampire and 1/3 werewolf DNA in them or maybe not. I don't know. But I have thought about whether or not she could have kids when she's older and it seems like most likely not though because after a certain age she stops growing but I don't know that she would get periods. If she did she would be stuck having them forever. And that last part there really makes me think that maybe she won't be able to have kids not to mention that she stops growing/changing after what 7 but is developmentally 15 or something like that.

What do you all think?
http://chelseadawn.webs.com/
Banner by Kimmy. Avatar made by Narnia
Banner by threethings
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

BellsEdwardalways wrote:So, does anyone wonder what exactly Jacob and Nessie's kids would be? I mean as long as she can have kids but I am not sure she can? Or have you guys already talked about this. But anyway, when she gets older assuming she marries Jacob and can have kids they would have to be like 1/3 human, 1/3 vampire and 1/3 werewolf DNA in them or maybe not. I don't know. But I have thought about whether or not she could have kids when she's older and it seems like most likely not though because after a certain age she stops growing but I don't know that she would get periods. If she did she would be stuck having them forever. And that last part there really makes me think that maybe she won't be able to have kids not to mention that she stops growing/changing after what 7 but is developmentally 15 or something like that.

What do you all think?
Jake and Nessie's kids would be 1/2 shape shifter, 1/4 vampire & 1/4 human. There is, I think, a running assumption that she would be able to have children, but we don't know for sure. SM has given hints in that direction, but I've never seen anything definitive. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. You defintiely bring up a good point, BellsEdwardAlways about whether she would continue to have a period once she stops aging, stops developing. Based on Nahuel's aging process that we get a glimpse of in BD, there is the assumption that she will continue to age rapidly for around 6 years or so after the final battle, reaching full maturity at what for her would be age 7 or so. But, developmentally/physically, she would be roughly the equivalent of between around 18 & 24 years old. At that point, she would stop aging and, most assume, be immortal. So, given your question, she might have to have her children before that point. But, that's just a guess.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

dopeydm wrote:They say that the girl who has been imprinted on can't help but to fall in love because of the devotion to them, but Nessie has that type of devotion from multiple sources. I am expecting some Teenage Rebellion with Nessie. Can you imagine going to high school with your parents and knowing that your dad can read your mind? I like to see her end up with Jacob, but I think she will need to try out a few human boys as well! Maybe just for shock value! :)
I don't think Renesmee can go to high school-she ages too fast, so other kids would notice something was different about her. But, I totally know what you mean. Imagine her thinking about boys or sneaking out or something and Edward hearing everything. Poor kid!

Where does it say that the girl who has been imprinted on can't help but to fall in love? I don't remember that, granted it's been awhile since I've read the books. I do remember Jacob saying something like "why would she want anyone else?" and explaining that the werewolf who imprinted will be the best big brother, friend, and eventually lover you could imagine. But, I always wondered whether that was just the werewolf interpretation. We know Jacob is a pretty confident guy. He never thinks he'll get hurt. Even though Bella told him she chose Edward, he kept trying. Maybe Jacob is just being cocky thinking there's no way any girl he loved, especially one he imprinted on, could possibly not want him. We never hear from anyone who has been imprinted on. Just because the werewolf feels an instant, overwhelming connection, does that mean the human (or hybrid in Renesmee's case) feels the same exact connection. Yeah, the werewolf then "courts" the one he imprinted on, and a relationship develops. But is the relationship as strong for the imprintee? Obviously, Renesmee adores Jacob. But, I think there's a very strong possibility she will at least try dating others. She could get tired of Jacob always being around. She could get used to Jacob acting as a big brother and have a hard time seeing him as a romantic interest. She could decide to embrace her humanity and run from the supernatural. She could decide she can't commit to Jacob without at least experiencing love with any other men. She could be completely turned off when she realized Jacob used to like her mother and has kissed her mother (come on, that's pretty weird). She could rebel from Jacob's overprotectiveness. She could feel like she has more in common and a deeper understanding of the other hybrid (Nahuel or something?) and decide to date him. There are several things that could make Renesmee at least experiment with other guys. I do think she will end up with Jacob, but I don't think it's a guarantee that he will be the only love interest for her.
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

I think that even though she has a choice, she would still choose him. I don't think that Jake was exaggerating when he said that. I can only assume that the bond is just as strong for an imprintee as it is the imprinter.

Of course, I would love to know if there was ever a scenario where the imprintee chose to be with somebody else and was absolutely happy with it. D: Stephenie should definitely dish on that one!
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Post by bella_love3 »

I never fully thought about it but poor Edward. When Nessie is completely in love Jacob he has to hear their thoughts towards each other and what is even more disturbing is that only a couple years earlier he will have heard the same thoughts toward his wife.

But will Jacob stay a werewolf forever if Nessie is immortal? If he can't live without her will he die or just stay a werewolf for eternity?
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

bella_love3 wrote:I never fully thought about it but poor Edward. When Nessie is completely in love Jacob he has to hear their thoughts towards each other and what is even more disturbing is that only a couple years earlier he will have heard the same thoughts toward his wife.

But will Jacob stay a werewolf forever if Nessie is immortal? If he can't live without her will he die or just stay a werewolf for eternity?
Bella_Love3, I have often mused that the best gift Bella could ever give Edward would be to figure out a way to manipulate her shield to "protect" him from the thoughts of others, for the precise reason of keeping Jacob's and Renesmee's lusty, teenage-hormone driven thoughts about each other out of his head. He is a patient and compassionat man, but that's his little girl Jake will be fantasizing about. A man can only be expected to endure so much! :lol:

As for the question of Jake's immortality, per SM, he can live as long as he wants to as long as he keeps phasing regularly. So, as long as Nessie is alive, he can stay right by her side.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS