General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Jacob and Nessie

Post by Amivera »

glstewart wrote: i'm not sure if you can call it a "weakness", but I'm wondering how their dietary habits will mesh in the future. Jacob is still human and I'm assuming he still prefers real food, while Nessie prefers blood...I'm assuming she'll be gracious and learn to cook, but the thought of Jacob eating alone is a little off-putting! :lol: Maybe real food will be an acquired taste for Nessie. It seems to me that she is just as anchored to Jake as he is to her.
Haha! It did say that Renesmee can eat human food.

That wasn't quite the weakness I was searching for, though. Every good character has flaws and weaknesses. If they had a vampire/werewolf hybrid baby, what would its weakness be?

It's not possible, ever ever ever, for there to be a perfect, invincible creature. Weakness is a must.

Now, I was thinking:
It would be interesting if their hybrid baby was torn on the inside, caught between killing its natural enemy, virtually destroying itself, and the natural survival instincts.
Or, better yet, if the baby was more werewolf, it would try to kill Renesmee. That would create some seriously cool conflict.

Of course, Ms. Meyer prefers not to have that kind of conflict. Does anyone else still think it's a cool idea?! :D
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

Amivera wrote:
glstewart wrote: i'm not sure if you can call it a "weakness", but I'm wondering how their dietary habits will mesh in the future. Jacob is still human and I'm assuming he still prefers real food, while Nessie prefers blood...I'm assuming she'll be gracious and learn to cook, but the thought of Jacob eating alone is a little off-putting! :lol: Maybe real food will be an acquired taste for Nessie. It seems to me that she is just as anchored to Jake as he is to her.
Haha! It did say that Renesmee can eat human food.

That wasn't quite the weakness I was searching for, though. Every good character has flaws and weaknesses. If they had a vampire/werewolf hybrid baby, what would its weakness be?

It's not possible, ever ever ever, for there to be a perfect, invincible creature. Weakness is a must.

Now, I was thinking:
It would be interesting if their hybrid baby was torn on the inside, caught between killing its natural enemy, virtually destroying itself, and the natural survival instincts.
Or, better yet, if the baby was more werewolf, it would try to kill Renesmee. That would create some seriously cool conflict.

Of course, Ms. Meyer prefers not to have that kind of conflict. Does anyone else still think it's a cool idea?! :D
I don't think the baby (if it were more werewolf) would try to kill Renesmee. The wolves seem to be able to stand Renesmee. It was said somewhere in BD that her human smell was enough to cancel out the sickly sweet vampire smell. So I think there is enough human side there that she wouldn't be in danger of a werewolf baby.
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

vampirenerd wrote: I don't think the baby (if it were more werewolf) would try to kill Renesmee. The wolves seem to be able to stand Renesmee. It was said somewhere in BD that her human smell was enough to cancel out the sickly sweet vampire smell. So I think there is enough human side there that she wouldn't be in danger of a werewolf baby.
:cry: *disappointed*

Then... where's the fun? Where's the conflict? Will they live forever in eternal sunshine and rainbows?
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

Well...more than likely lol...I mean i'm sure at sometime the volturi will try to come kill them all but other than that probably rainbows and sunshine lol ;)
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

Haha, oh well.

How did you all feel about the promise bracelet Jacob gave Renesmee?
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by glstewart »

Amivera wrote:Haha, oh well.

How did you all feel about the promise bracelet Jacob gave Renesmee?
I thought it was incredibly sweet. It only anchored my own devotion to Jacob. Not that it matters, but I wonder what it was made of? Leather, or silver, or what?
I Want to Believe
edwardstruelove
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardstruelove »

what i thought was interesting was the fact that because edward has 25 chromosomes and bella has 23, nessie has 24, which also HAPPENS to be the number of chromosomes that jacob has. at first i thought that nessie was going to be some kind of werewolf (...shapeshifter) or something. but i guess she wasn't. either way, i think that, according to what jacob and leah were talking about, the person that a werewolf (...shapeshifter) imprints on is the best possible person for them that can make a strong werewolf. i think that jacob with nessie can probably make a very interesting and probably extremely strong half werewolf, 1/4 vampire and 1/4 human, because nessie already has the right amount of chromosomes. it really bugs me that i may never be able to find out how that will turn out...
"I hear voices in my mind and you're worried that you're the freak"-- edward cullen
Penguins. Lovely.

I'm sorry I'm late to class, but a VAMPIRE ate my homework.

my old name was also edwardstruelove
edwardstruelove
Settled in Forks

i know a lot of ppl are creaped out by jacob and nessie but for some reason i'm not. i don't really think imprinting is all that horrible, even if the person was way younger than you. i think part of the reason that jacob didn't like imprinting before was because secretly (i think he had also been lying to himself...) i think he was a bit jealous about having other ppl know they are made for that person and be able to instantly fall in love with them. anyway the way jacob cares for nessie is the sweetest thing ever (apart from bella and edward...) i was so happy for him when he imprinted. i've pretty much been waiting for that moment since SM first introduced imprinting. i was so relieved that jacob finally imprinted!
"I hear voices in my mind and you're worried that you're the freak"-- edward cullen
Penguins. Lovely.

edwardstruelove
Settled in Forks

I think it is very interesting how this whole time jacob was only loving bella because nessie was somewhere inside of her.... its a lot to take in, and it took me a while to really understand. the question is, why did bella love him back? maybe the nessie part of her yearned for jacob or something like that... idk...
IF bella really did love him back for real, then i will have to partially agree with some of you people that say that the whole jacob imprinting on bella's daughter thing is sick-- because then it kinda would be.
but maybe bella loved jacob, but it wasn't true. maybe (if vampires and werewolves didn't exist) bella and jacob wouldn't have actually made it, because they would soon realize that they were better off as friends. maybe it was that kind of relationship....
idk, what are your ideas???????
Penguins. Lovely.

edwardstruelove
Settled in Forks

Amivera wrote:
vampirenerd wrote: I don't think the baby (if it were more werewolf) would try to kill Renesmee. The wolves seem to be able to stand Renesmee. It was said somewhere in BD that her human smell was enough to cancel out the sickly sweet vampire smell. So I think there is enough human side there that she wouldn't be in danger of a werewolf baby.
:cry: *disappointed*

Then... where's the fun? Where's the conflict? Will they live forever in eternal sunshine and rainbows?
sadly, (ok not really sadly), they probably will live forever in eternal sunshine and rainbows. that is why the twilight series is pretty much done :(
Penguins. Lovely.