Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edwardstruelove
Settled in Forks

Re: Jacob and Nessie

Post by edwardstruelove »

[/quote]

I dislike imprinting. I find it to be pointless. Jacob and Nessie could have grown up and found love by themselves instead of being forced into it. Jacob wanted a choice and he did not get one; that was unfair. He does not know what personality Renesmee will have when she's grown up. He does not know what her interests will be.
She could turn out to be a stuck up little snob and he would be forced to be with her. Imprinting is based on distributing the werewolf gene to the strongest candidate— not necessarily personality-wise, but physically.

Their entire "relationship" is defined by the fact that one day he will impregnate her with the werewolf gene, though how it's possible for the half-dead creature to have babies, I don't know.

I disagree with you on the "I believe that there are somethings you shouldn't tell people". That, however, has more to do with morals and I don't think I can convince you otherwise based on your beliefs.
I live with "honesty is the best policy", which is why I think any sort of lying, especially something so important
to Bella, would be a horrible thing to do.
It's like a much less dramatic version of Oedipus, if you've heard of that. Oedipus found out his mother was also his wife. Renesmee's finding out her "other half" imagined her mother naked and that her mother imagined having children with Renesmee's "other half". A very much less dramatic version, but still just as twisted, in my opinion.

:D It disturbs me.[/quote]

i guess what you're saying makes sense, but imprinting is like finding your soulmate. not only are they made for each other physically, they are also obviously made for each other emotionally because if it was just physically, jacob would have been thinking about sex with renesmee while she was a baby, but he wasn't. instead he was treating her in a more older-sibling way than a sexual partner way. when you imprint, you are also finding your other half emotionally, and apparently jacob and renesmee are made for each other. and if you love someone so unconditionally that everything about them is perfect to you, does it matter if they are a snob or not, because you won't notice that. and another thing, if someone is a snob, they usually aren't a snob to everyone, especially the love of their life.
"I hear voices in my mind and you're worried that you're the freak"-- edward cullen
Penguins. Lovely.

I'm sorry I'm late to class, but a VAMPIRE ate my homework.

my old name was also edwardstruelove
edwardstruelove
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardstruelove »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:
eliselovesedwardx wrote:Yeah, i agree with how "jacob loved Bella cos she was part Nessie" and then as Nessie grew--Jacob commented how it was like everytime he came near her she had a stronger "gravity-like" pull because-wait for it- Nessie was growing bigger in Bella and he was already imprinting without knowing!! Oh my god :o His universe was already starting to shift and focus on Nessie!!!
OH MY GOD!

Gosh I am quite an idiot..oh well its quite late..meh
i could not disagree more. there is absolutely NO evidence to this. bella and jake fell in love. plain and simple. that's how bella's life would have gone naturally.
yes but in BD everything that they say in eclipse is turned around. everything they thought turns out to be different. bella and jake might not have gone in that direction. and yes they actually say that in BD.
"I hear voices in my mind and you're worried that you're the freak"-- edward cullen
Penguins. Lovely.

I'm sorry I'm late to class, but a VAMPIRE ate my homework.

my old name was also edwardstruelove
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

Amivera wrote:Haha, oh well.

How did you all feel about the promise bracelet Jacob gave Renesmee?
I actually liked it. It was a way to show to her he will always be there for her
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

so i'm all for imprinting
i like the idea that there are other ways of falling in love
how that love can grow and evolve and all

but am i the only one who's a tad bit creeped out of the concept of imprinting with a baby
i mean sure jacob doesn't look at her that way....yet but still creepy much

then there's the whole fact that jacob for like three whole books was like totally in love with bella, and was like making out with her evry chance he got
how would renesmee react when she realizes that her mom made out with her boyfriend (jerry!jerry!)
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

^You're not alone. Haha! I could see them on some talk show about screwed up relationships. :lol:

So... Jacob said in Eclipse that imprinting wasn't just romantic— that the person could be anything the other needed: a friend, a brother, a boyfriend, a father, a "funbuddy"...

That means that Jacob and Renesmee don't necessarily EVER have to be romantic. Screw vampire/werewolf genes.

I, personally, will go on pretending that Jacob is completely disgusted by the fact that A) he imprinted on a baby and, B) he imprinted at all (seeing as he was so passionately against it before the 'lesions').
I'm believe Jacob and Renesmee will remain friends forever. She can go off with Nahuel (however you spell his name), because he's bound to be lonely, too. Jacob will end up with Leah, as was meant to be. The world is great. Everyone has a happy ending now. See how well it works out?! :D
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

Ha ha...if we only knew...good theory though.

I wonder if the "stages" of imprinting is the same as the actual imprinting. Like can you control what stage you are in. I mean if Nessie gets to the point where she's ready for a lover will he have a choice but to give her what she wants. I mean that does seem to be a problem...that the imprinter has to give the imprintee whatever they want.

Oh well, lol. I still like the idea of imprinting and like Jacob and Nessie together but that is something to think about.
fiish3
Wandering Through Town

Post by fiish3 »

Jacob imprinting on Nessie was way wierd.
but when he explained that he doesnt think of her in "that" way, i relaxed about it.
I still think though that when shes grown up hes going to want to be abit more intimate.
Its bellas daughter !
Im happy that every one could get their happy ending.

I love the way Bella reacted when she realized that he imprinted on her daughter, it was so dramatic and funny.

however jacob imprinting kinda takes edward out of the "dad" role, a bit because he's going to try and be that father figure until nessies old enough. But still im happy with the ending
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by glstewart »

Amivera wrote:^You're not alone. Haha! I could see them on some talk show about screwed up relationships. :lol:

So... Jacob said in Eclipse that imprinting wasn't just romantic— that the person could be anything the other needed: a friend, a brother, a boyfriend, a father, a "funbuddy"...

That means that Jacob and Renesmee don't necessarily EVER have to be romantic. Screw vampire/werewolf genes.

I, personally, will go on pretending that Jacob is completely disgusted by the fact that A) he imprinted on a baby and, B) he imprinted at all (seeing as he was so passionately against it before the 'lesions').
I'm believe Jacob and Renesmee will remain friends forever. She can go off with Nahuel (however you spell his name), because he's bound to be lonely, too. Jacob will end up with Leah, as was meant to be. The world is great. Everyone has a happy ending now. See how well it works out?! :D

I understand that you really want Jake and Leah to hook up, and that's fine...I guess. However, Stephenie specifically stated that those two would never be any more than friends. Good friends, but just friends. Personally, in my pretend world, Jacob ends up with ME! 8-)
I Want to Believe
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

^^I know, I know. I'm going by SU (sensible universe). What the author says outside the books is ignored. It's what's in the books that counts and I can definitely point out a passage where Leah and Jacob were all cute and flirty (it's probably just me being hopeful, but what can a girl do?) :D

vampirenerd, that's a very interesting question. I wonder if Jacob is going to wait 6 years (I actually think it would make more sense for him to wait at least 16 years. She may look like an 18-year-old, but she'd still be only 6 years old, and that's just wrong. You can put a wolf in sheep's clothes, but it's still a wolf).

So, if Jacob had to wait 16 years (or even 18) for Renesmee, would he get lonely for some actual love? Everyone wants actual physical contact. He might want to date someone else— that's what he suggested to Quil. He could take his own advice. *coughs* LEAH! :lol:
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
peacepicturelexi
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by peacepicturelexi »

i really hope that Nessie understands the situation when she gets older. like how would you tell your daughter that a "shape shifter" imprinted on you when you were only 3 days old? :lol:
you can have edward and jacob. i want seth:)