General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
(E.C.Is.Mine)
Wandering Through Town

Re: Jacob and Nessie

Post by (E.C.Is.Mine) »

I think Jacob and Nessie are the cutest thing ever!! It'll be so much better when they're older. I've read some fanfics about when theyre older and they all seem really realistic. I'm glad jacob imprinted on her, it really eases the tensions between everyone.
Suffering from bad cases of OCD and OBD.

Check out my fanfics. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1699752/omf ... s-my-lover
the.slayer
Wandering Through Town

Post by the.slayer »

my opinion.... i didn't like it at all!

for me it just ruined that little picture i had of Bella, Edward and Renesmee as a family. cant you just imagine them, standing out front of their cottage, with Renesmee in Bella's arms, while Edwards arm is wrapped around Bella's waist?? well i do.... and so with Jacob their, its just like hes always going to be their. and it may not be his fault with the imprinting because thats just how he feels... like in the one of the books eclispe i think, where hes trying to explain imprinting to Bella. its not gravity holding you there (the earth i think he means) but its her, and also he says somthing like he will be what ever she needs, he will mould to what she wants and needs (this is refering to Quill with toddler hes imprinted on).
but back to my family picture, its just he will always be there, because its physcally hurting fro him to be away from Renesmee, and that really annoyed me that Bella, Edward and Renesmee kinda cant be just a liittle family hes just stuck there. also
in BD Bella feels anyway that Jacob knows Renesmee better than her, and that for me i think she feels that he knows her better, and i also didn't think that

Edward Cullen is staring at you...
- Jessica Stanley Twilight

Wanna be a vampire??
ILY_E.C_4EVA
Wandering Through Town

Post by ILY_E.C_4EVA »

I feel so sorry for Nessie cause when someone imprints on you you love them back the same way.
Poor thing because what happens whe Jacob dies? will she go and kill herself like edward tried too?
Poor thing... :cry:
"Stupid, Shiny Volvo Owner"
"Penguins, Lovely."
Well you no you're OBSESSED when you read "the end" and cried
Imprintings
Settled in Forks

Post by Imprintings »

I'm very undecided to whether I like the relationship between Nessie and Jacob. It's cute in some ways, but I think of it more a big-brother to little-sister relationship. Also not decided if I like imprinting. I don't like it how he protects her so much, I think he overprotected more than Edward sometimes (towards Bella).

Just my two cents on the subject ;)

Maybe after time the Jacob and Nessie relationship will grow on me.
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by glstewart »

ILY_E.C_4EVA wrote:I feel so sorry for Nessie cause when someone imprints on you you love them back the same way.
Poor thing because what happens whe Jacob dies? will she go and kill herself like edward tried too?
Poor thing... :cry:
Just a reminder...Jacob doesn't ever have to die. As long as he keeps phasing, he'll live forever.
I Want to Believe
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by glstewart »

the.slayer wrote:for me it just ruined that little picture i had of Bella, Edward and Renesmee as a family. cant you just imagine them, standing out front of their cottage, with Renesmee in Bella's arms, while Edwards arm is wrapped around Bella's waist?? well i do.... and so with Jacob their, its just like hes always going to be their. and it may not be his fault with the imprinting because thats just how he feels... like in the one of the books eclispe i think, where hes trying to explain imprinting to Bella. its not gravity holding you there (the earth i think he means) but its her, and also he says somthing like he will be what ever she needs, he will mould to what she wants and needs (this is refering to Quill with toddler hes imprinted on).
but back to my family picture, its just he will always be there, because its physcally hurting fro him to be away from Renesmee, and that really annoyed me that Bella, Edward and Renesmee kinda cant be just a liittle family hes just stuck there. also
in BD Bella feels anyway that Jacob knows Renesmee better than her, and that for me i think she feels that he knows her better, and i also didn't think that

I don't know...I think The Cullens can have their little picture perfect family by themselves. I mean, it's not like Jacob has moved in with them! Also, now that the Volturi crisis has passed, and once Renesemee has stopped growing soooo freakishly fast, he'll go back to school (I'm thinking when Nessie has turned 1) and the time he spends at The House will be more balanced. I don't know though...since he now has all the time in the world, maybe he won't go back to school until Nessie has fully matured? But then, she is so abnormally smart, he really does need to step up the pace on his education if he wants to keep up with her, like Bella said.

So what's the input, will Jacob go back to school sooner, or later?
I Want to Believe
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

If he decides to go back to school at all (because I didn't see much emphasis on education in the books, and definitely not very much from Jacob), he would go when Nessie was fully developed.

However, I don't think the Cullens ever needed to go to school in the first place. They could have been homeschooled from the start, a bit of a plot hole.
Renesmee can just be homeschooled. Edward has two degrees in medicine, after all. Jacob strikes me as the kind of guy who might open up his own garage and fix cars for a living— it seems like something that brings him a lot of joy, and I would hate for him to have to give that up because of Renesmee.

It might also be kind of cute if Jacob and Leah went off to college while Renesmee was spending her 6 years growing. They could visit on weekends or commute and bring back books for Renesmee to study from.
Leah would like to get away, I think. :)
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Post by bella_love3 »

in breaking dawn did the problem of Bella, Edward, and Nessie leaving ever get resolved?
I thought they were having trouble deciding what to do because jacob and nessie but i wasnt sure.
LeechesRule95
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by LeechesRule95 »

I so totally hope that Jake and Renesmee end up happy and get their own book all about them maybe one or two. They are a messed up couple considering ones a werewolf and the other is a half vampire. They seemed pretty close in Breaking Dawn and theyll probably continue that way hopefully. Im not saying SM should only write books about Jacob and Reneesme from now on because I know that we havent gotten our fill of bella and Edward so hopefully SM will write a new book in the series from edwards point of view ...... WHO KNOWS :)(Not talking about remakes of the twilight series NEW books.)
iLUVbd94
Settled in Forks

Post by iLUVbd94 »

the.slayer wrote:my opinion.... i didn't like it at all!

for me it just ruined that little picture i had of Bella, Edward and Renesmee as a family. cant you just imagine them, standing out front of their cottage, with Renesmee in Bella's arms, while Edwards arm is wrapped around Bella's waist?? well i do.... and so with Jacob their, its just like hes always going to be their. and it may not be his fault with the imprinting because thats just how he feels... like in the one of the books eclispe i think, where hes trying to explain imprinting to Bella. its not gravity holding you there (the earth i think he means) but its her, and also he says somthing like he will be what ever she needs, he will mould to what she wants and needs (this is refering to Quill with toddler hes imprinted on).
no offense (ok. just a little ;) ) but if you are going to criticize someone on their writing, you should read through what you yourself wrote and proof read it. Your misuse of the word "Their" instead of "there" is annoying. Plus the fact that you spelled "mold", "little" and "for" wrong. Sorry. I am a grammar freak :D ... feel free to hate me now :oops: