General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sarahbells
Settled in Forks

Re: Jacob's Book

Post by sarahbells »

I have always been and sill am team edward. however, I really liked jakes book. I loved hearing his voice. he is just so smart allakie I love it! I was happy that he had he wonderful ending as well. I wanted everyone to have one. I was not one of the ones that wanted jake to die or anything. I wanted him to find his own happiness without huring edward. After all jake is a good guy, he was just after the wrong girl. However, I think that was totally fait worling its magic. =-) he needed to be cloes to bella to be able to inprent on renesmme.

CullenCrazed
Buying a Better Raincoat
Location: Michigan--Wishing I was on somewhere near Edward :)

Post by CullenCrazed »

I am just about to finish breaking dawn(ues I am one of the few that havent finished yet--I just started my addiction ;) ) But anyways.... I was kinda not reaally liking Jacob at all..but after reading some more I am starting to notice I really enjoy his sense of humor!! He's quite a funny guy---But I am still "Team Edward"!!! But Jacob isnt too bad ;)
Christy

crosBy
Settled in Forks

Post by crosBy »

Best part of Breaking Dawn. Period. And the titles were so funny!

It was refreshing to see that part of the book from Jacob's POV instead of Bella's...I don't think I would have liked the book as much if it was all from Bella's POV. It was different seeing things from a guy's mind, but I found it very easy to jump from Bella to Jacob and back with ease. And that is a salute to SM for making the transition so easy that I didn't feel like I was jumping from two completely different books.
"Go fetch a space heater. I'm not a Saint Bernard." --- Jacob Black

Ms.BelleFlanders
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Ms.BelleFlanders »

crosBy wrote:Best part of Breaking Dawn. Period. And the titles were so funny!
Haha. Agreed!
The part of the book that I read faster!

bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Post by bella_love3 »

at first i thought jacob's story would be long and boring talking mostly about the pack. some of my friends had even said that jacob's story had put a damper on the book. i thought it was one of the best parts. i really liked the story from jacob's perspective. i still wish i could read bella's point of view and what she was thinking during the pregnancy but jacob's seemed even more exciting. one of my favorite parts from his perspective were the talks he and edward had. they started off cold and grew more brotherly and eventually when the story switched to bella's story again a fatherly paranoia.

spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I was totally jolted out of my romance with Bella, Edward and the little nudger when Jacob's story began... so it took me a while. I love Jacob though (But am team Edward) and I adore him. I did in New moon. His book titles were THE BEST and I find him to be funny.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!

switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

I've always been a Jacob fan. I like both Edward and Jacob each for their own personality.

Jacob's book was great. the Chapter titles where spot on and funny except for the last one which was so sad.

It's funny but through the whole series, I found myself laughing the most and crying the most through the Jacob parts. I love Edward but at the same time I think Jacob evokes more emotions from me. I think it's because he is described as such a happy person and when he gets hurt you feel it even more? IDK what it is.
He's so sarcastic and funny. I love sarcasm, I'm usually pretty sarcastic.

spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I'm listening to the Audio of Jacob's book right now and wearing my tem Jacob shirt while I am getting chores done. It's actually really, really funny. I laugh out loud a lot. It's really different listening to it. I also don't think the readers voice is how I imagine Jacob's voice, but I can get over that :)
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!

NessieFan
Wandering Through Town

Post by NessieFan »

I was a complete Jacob hater during the first two books, I mean I could not stand him. At the end of Eclipse when it was for certain that Bella was staying with Edward I found myself wanting him to get his own happy ending. Then as Iread Bella's first book in Bd I felt my heart break a little because you could tell he was trying so hard and yet it was killing him. Then his book came and the impossible occurred I began to see him as a person with feelings instead of some annoying little boy who ws sticking his nose into relationships that were none of his busiuness. and by the time BD ended I had went from being a Team Edward to a Team Switerzland becuase now I love them both.

So yes I loved his book.......it showede me just how much of himself he was sacrificing.
From this moment on your story starts now, all that came before is prelude. Write the ending as you see it and live it, not as how the fates decide it.

I'Anne.
Settled in Forks

Post by I'Anne. »

I absolutely adored Jacob's book. I thought it was, in terms of writing and the way he thinks, by far easier to follow than Bella's perspective. I especially love the bit at the beginning with Quil. It's the kind of discussion I would have with my friends. It just shows that Jacob really was and, I suppose, still kind of is, this ordinary teenager that has grown-up pretty normally.
And also, I really admire Stephanie Meyer for having thought of writing Renesmee's birth from Jacob's POV. It was probably the best idea inj the whole book. Because there's all these mixed emotions coming from everywhere: Edward, who is trying to keep Bella alive because he loves her, Bella, who is trying to keep herself alive for everyone else, and even Renesmee, who already loves Edward and Bella and possibly Jacob. But the most confusing of all: Jacob, who has so many mixed feelings; on one hand, he hates Renesmee for killing Bella, on the other, Bella loves Renesmee, so he is watching her die for her. And then there's also Edward, because he knows that the only person who will benefit from Bella staying alive is Edward, and he doesn't even like Edward that much. So I think it's really brave from Stephanie Meyer that she wrote it from Jacob's perspective.
----x----JACOB----x----ImageImage----x----JACOB----x----