Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Jacob's Book

Post by switzgal »

glstewart wrote:
switzgal wrote: Like maybe Leah and Jacob should've made out in front of her just for fun!!!
That's just cruel. And tacky. No offense.

The whole idea of Jacob being drawn to Bella because of Renesmee's future existence has been discussed ad nauseum over on the Jacob Black thread. But, you bring up an interesting idea of his imprinting on Rensemee in part due to her "essence of Bella". For some reason, Bella wasn't 100% what he needs, but her daughter is...hmmm...very interesting! :ugeek:

LOL I know. Leah isn't my favorite character either for Jacob to do that with but I just felt that Bella needed to be jealous for once since she put him through so much.
MagnoliasNSunshine
Wandering Through Town

Post by MagnoliasNSunshine »

Ok, first of all, let me just say that I'm totally ALL FOR Team Switzerland. Jake's kissing scenes were hot, rough, and "make your heart stop" fantastic... HOWEVER, I didn't like when SM went into other P.O.Vs in this particular series... That's why I was so excited over Midnight Sun. To me, Jake's story doesn't feel complete, unless you see his initial reactions to Bella. The only place to start is at the beginning, in my opinion.
switzgal

Post by switzgal »

MagnoliasNSunshine wrote:Ok, first of all, let me just say that I'm totally ALL FOR Team Switzerland. Jake's kissing scenes were hot, rough, and "make your heart stop" fantastic... HOWEVER, I didn't like when SM went into other P.O.Vs in this particular series... That's why I was so excited over Midnight Sun. To me, Jake's story doesn't feel complete, unless you see his initial reactions to Bella. The only place to start is at the beginning, in my opinion.

I would love a Jacob POV series. It'll be highly comical!! and also sad at some parts.
MagnoliasNSunshine
Wandering Through Town

Post by MagnoliasNSunshine »

switzgal wrote:I would love a Jacob POV series. It'll be highly comical!! and also sad at some parts.
Exactly... I think Jacob's character would reveal a lot. He seems like a funny guy, but there's something else that goes much deeper than what we're given to think about... I wonder about his relationship with his sister's, the loss of his mother, the caregiver role he has towards Billy (although Billy doesn't exactly seem to NEED it) and the rest of the pack, and then to see the new pack and his sense of decency... Jakes a good guy...
switzgal

Post by switzgal »

MagnoliasNSunshine wrote:
switzgal wrote:I would love a Jacob POV series. It'll be highly comical!! and also sad at some parts.
Exactly... I think Jacob's character would reveal a lot. He seems like a funny guy, but there's something else that goes much deeper than what we're given to think about... I wonder about his relationship with his sister's, the loss of his mother, the caregiver role he has towards Billy (although Billy doesn't exactly seem to NEED it) and the rest of the pack, and then to see the new pack and his sense of decency... Jakes a good guy...
I would love Stephenie Meyer EVEN MORE if she wrote more on Jacob. Every time I pick up any of my Twilight books (well NM, EC & BD) I gravitate and reread the Jacob parts. His character always sends me in an emotional whirlwind. Laughter, tears, affection, depression, need, passion.
He was such a strong character because he faced so many emotional and personal experiences throughout the 3 books.
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Riddalyn »

I've always loved Jacob. I'm completely team Switzerland.

I was glad to see, in Jacob's book, that he seems to grow up towards the end, without losing any of his childish charm. I was extremely happy and giddy when he imprinted on Renesmee, seeing as how now they would always be together and Jake could stop sulking already, and Bella could get over having hurt him, and Edward and Jacob could finally stop being mortal enemies.

:)

I heart Jacob, Edward, and the rest of them.
<3
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
LMO
Settled in Forks

Post by LMO »

I was not really into this part of the book. Believe it or not I skiped through a lot of those parts. Except when it came to Bella and Edward of course!! I would have to say it was my least favorite part of the book.
Moonlit Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

LMO wrote:I was not really into this part of the book. Believe it or not I skiped through a lot of those parts. Except when it came to Bella and Edward of course!! I would have to say it was my least favorite part of the book.
i don't know in the beginning i was thinking about skiping through jacobs part to but when i started reading it i got really into it and also i just think that it would have been really hard to read bella's POV while she was going through the pregnancy and birth.... i think there would have been way to much pain and dread... you know what i'm saying... that even if it wasn't your favorite part it was still a big part of the book and something that stephenie had to do in order so that the book wouldn't be so dreadful.
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

I didn't enjoy Jacob's book much but I can say that I did read through it. I didn't skip and I may have looked ahead a little bit, but other than I stuck to it. I did feel a little bad for Jacob but I'm not that huge on him and his problems. Plus, this part of the book seemed really redundant to me and made me feel like I was reading the same thing over and over again but worded differently.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Carrisa wrote:I didn't enjoy Jacob's book much but I can say that I did read through it. I didn't skip and I may have looked ahead a little bit, but other than I stuck to it. I did feel a little bad for Jacob but I'm not that huge on him and his problems. Plus, this part of the book seemed really redundant to me and made me feel like I was reading the same thing over and over again but worded differently.
i ABSOLUTELY agree.
I was a little hesitant when i got to jacob's book. i was a little infuriated why there was a jacob book in the first place. anyhow. i was just going to put the book down and go about my life when i rethought and said "well this is breaking dawn. i am not going to let a few hundred pages ruin it for me" -- i LOVE breaking dawn though.

anyhow. i got through it *phew*, it wasn't my favourite. but it was well written none the less. i think i hated jacob even more during his book than when were getting him through bella's pov. I liked that we got MORE to seth, ahh...he's adorable and leah of coarse. and OMG, we got quil. i love love love love love love quil -- i think he's cute. and him with claire, aww...

like Carrisa said, it was really redundant. there were alot of things repeated, but worded differently.
I like the chapter titles, very creative. they have this certain flow to them. that's bout it though.