General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Post by soozabooza54 »

I think Rosalie is really protective over the baby because it's the one thing that Rose wanted but couldn't have. Sure, she's not the biggest fan of Bella, but that baby... that baby breathed new life into Rosalie. Also, it was Bella's choice. Choice is a big theme with Rosalie throughout the book. Although I'm not exactly a huge Rosalie fan, I actually thought her protective behavior, while annoying at times, can come off touching if you look at it like that. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
cutiegurl_147
Settled in Forks

Post by cutiegurl_147 »

mlola619 wrote:
PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 wrote: That comment made me laugh. Yeah, I was wondering about that as well. I'm not sure I'd be able to handle THAT scene if there's a movie...

Anyway back to the topic, I was a little shocked to find out that Bella was pregnant. I was so shocked that I really couldn't pay attention to the rest of the book. I had to reread the book to actually understand what was going on. I thought Nessie was really cute, the name was odd, (Renesmee) but I liked it. It suited her, for being so unique. The whole pregnancy and what not is completely understandable. Because it was never stated that vampires can't get a human pregnant. Props to SM.
agreed. PROPS TO SM
yeah, props to SM. I also feel like it would be hard for me to see the birth scene too. Then again, SM mentioned in her site that they may not be able to make BD the movie because technology is not entirely capable of creating a life sze simulation of Nessie. PLus, It's hard to imagine how they're going to get Kristen to look like there's something inside her, and killing her.
MrsEdwardCullen4Ever
Settled in Forks

Post by MrsEdwardCullen4Ever »

Even thought i knew she got pregnant before i even started reading the saga,(the book would have been soo much more Oh My Edward ! like if i hadn't known) i still made me like scream when she figured it out and told edward!! and one of my favorite lines ever has to be " he called my little nudger a thing!!" :lol:
"Isabella Swan I promise to love you foever. Every single day of forever.Will You Marry Me?"
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

MrsEdwardCullen4Ever wrote:Even thought i knew she got pregnant before i even started reading the saga,(the book would have been soo much more Oh My Edward ! like if i hadn't known) i still made me like scream when she figured it out and told edward!! and one of my favorite lines ever has to be " he called my little nudger a thing!!" :lol:
Mine, too. When I read that page, I was laughing but then turned serious and was like "What is wrong with Edward? It´s his child!"
Ella12
Settled in Forks

Post by Ella12 »

Whoa, lots of posts from me today,

I dont think, at the beggining, Edward really saw Renesemee as a Person. It was a 'thing' attacking against Bella, it had no personality, it was simply a monster. He had no idea it would turn out like Renesemee or Nahuel.
He's still not justified in the way he behaved, but he didnt know what to expect. His main priority is looking after Bella, and if anything was threatning her, he would try to stop it.
foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by foolinthemoon »

Ella12 wrote:Whoa, lots of posts from me today,

I dont think, at the beggining, Edward really saw Renesemee as a Person. It was a 'thing' attacking against Bella, it had no personality, it was simply a monster. He had no idea it would turn out like Renesemee or Nahuel.
He's still not justified in the way he behaved, but he didnt know what to expect. His main priority is looking after Bella, and if anything was threatning her, he would try to stop it.
Agreed, but i think he WAS justified. He had no knowledge that it was possible for a human to carry a vampire child (even if it was a hybrid). All he knew, is whatever was in Bella, was growing at an alarming rate, and he wasn't sure what it was, or what it would do to her. For all he knew and had learned from Kaure, he'd just sentenced his wife to die. (and he kinda did actually xD) If he knew it was possible for her to carry the child and live (kinda), he wouldn't have acted that way. He would have been thrilled. He WANTED a family. He made mention of that in Eclipse in a way. But he wasn't going to risk Bella, the only one that ever made him HAPPY for it.

As far as Rose goes, I REALLY hated her in Breaking Dawn. I think Bella knew that Rose would protect the baby at all cost, and Bella WANTED that. Bella knew Rose really only wanted the baby. Bella just DIDN'T care, cause her main objective was to protect the child developing inside her, and what better way to protect it, than to tempt someone with something they didn't have, with the chance to HAVE it?

Bella destroyed Edward during most of the pregnancy, but she couldn't help it really. A Pregnant mother tends to become protective with their life over the life they're responsible for, the one they carry. Even if they have someone to live for, like Edward. I was angry with Bella for wanting to keep it. I had to accept that its only natural for her to feel that way, and come to terms as to why she ran to Rose for help. I knew from accidental spoilers in a reveiw, that she was going to get pregnant, and become a vampire afterwards. That still didn't change the anxious feelings i had towards the whole situation. I sided with Edward (i admit this kidna guiltfully) I wanted the baby gone. But I understood Bella after a time, and I'm glad i was wrong.
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

It would have been so un-Bella like to abort her baby though. Once she loved it, that was it. She protects what she loves, even if it kills her. And I can't see her not loving that child, because it was apart of Edward, so in a way it would be like not loving Edward if she hadn't loved the baby.
Oh, and I wasn't referring to your post foolinthemoon, it just made me think of how some people didn't understand why Bella didn't abort the baby--you obviously do understand that.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by foolinthemoon »

debussygirl wrote:It would have been so un-Bella like to abort her baby though. Once she loved it, that was it. She protects what she loves, even if it kills her. And I can't see her not loving that child, because it was apart of Edward, so in a way it would be like not loving Edward if she hadn't loved the baby.
Oh, and I wasn't referring to your post foolinthemoon, it just made me think of how some people didn't understand why Bella didn't abort the baby--you obviously do understand that.
I like how you stated it though from her point of veiw. Very well put.

Edit: 100th Post! Woot! lol
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
TeamSethward
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamSethward »

I agree, it would have been unlike Bella to kill this child that was hers and Edward's. Even way back in Twilight, when she thought James had her mother, she would have given her life for someone she loved. So why, just because this child may have killed her and she never actually met it, should she kill it? Bella has very little self preservation instincts. she prefers to help others before herself. that is just her nature.
GO TEAM SETHWARD!!!!

lambcullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by lambcullen »

i was a little annoyed that Bella & Edward didnt have any discussion after she became a Vampire about the weeks leading up to it. IE the fact that only Bella & Rose actually WANTED Renesmee.... all that time was through Jacobs eyes and it would have been nice to see even part of Edwards or Bellas view.
Hugs
Stacey
xxxx