General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
iamthevampiregirl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Post by iamthevampiregirl »

I've read a lot of the comments, and I didn't think that the pregnancy was too bloody or graffic while reading the book at all. I also think that Edward and Bella's nights were a little too descriptive. I know - completly opposite of what everyone else seems to be saying - but it was a little upsetting having a sudden change from sweet and innocent to Bella getting pregnant, then having sex everynight with Edward after. The pregnancy wasn't that bad since the Twilight is a VAMPIRE story, and has blood and violence from book 1. (not that much, but still.) I didn't really have much against the honeymoon, but reading about Bella leaving her daughter on her first night back to spend the night with Edward seems a little crazed. She barely takes care of her!!

iamthevampiregirl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by iamthevampiregirl »

Oh. And another thing. How come everybody thought it was so heroic and saintly of Bella wanting to keep Renesmee? It seems a little logical to want to keep her - a lot of mothers die giving birth to their babies. Killing Renesmee would be like abortion - which in my opinion is murder.

JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

^^fyi next time just edit your post to add the question...I don't think they understood why Bella wanted to keep her only because Bella could die giving birth and it was known from the beginning that there was a good possibility that she would die...

debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

What I've found is a lot of the people that couldn't understand why Bella would go through with the pregnancy when it might kill her, is that they are generally teenagers and/or not a mother and don't want to be one. Every mother I have come across has completely agreed with Bella's decision, because they do know that overwhelming maternal feeling. Some people I go to school with were so upset she decided to not abort the baby. Why? Most of them don't want kids and have never been pregnant or had a baby. They can't understand that feeling a mother gets for her unborn child. I'm still a teen, but I really want to have a family someday so I could understand Bella more, plus being pro-life I would hate for the baby to die.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com

pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

After the initial shock of Bella getting pregnant, I loved it! I thought it was awesome! I also loved how she fought to keep her baby and would do anything to keep her. I don't understand why anyone would be upset she kept the baby. It's living thing and having an abortion is murder. I loved how they are a happy family now w/a baby. (And Edward can't feel guilty about taking that away from Bella!)

BTW:Stephenie address the issue of Bella keeping her baby on the BD FAQ page on her webiste. http://stepheniemeyer.com/bd_faq.html
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson

Cookies
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Cookies »

LOL. i can't wait to see how this is going to pan out on the big screen. Rather graphic?

And super-sperm haha. Nice way of putting it. ^
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb ..."

Hug me :)

Dont_Call_Me_Nessie
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dont_Call_Me_Nessie »

Being a mom, I totally got why Bella wanted to keep the baby. Like she says herself, even if you never considered wanting a child, all of a sudden things are very different when you're pregnant with the child of the person you love most in the world.

I too wonder how this will play out in the movie. Could be that's why they wanted Stephenie Meyer to write Renesmee out of the story line... it will be really hard to put everything into a movie.

Cookies
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Cookies »

What?! They want to write Nessie out? But, but ... Nessie IS Breaking Dawn. Take her out and the film would be like 1/2 hour long. Wedding. Honeymoon. Boom. Happily ever after? Madness, i tell you. MADNESS!! :roll:
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb ..."

Hug me :)

pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

That would be totally crazy to write Renesmee out of BD for the movie! It wouldn't be BD at all! That could be why on her webiste SM said if they make BD into a movie that it should be split into 2. I would be very upset if they did something like that.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson

JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I don't think BD needs to be 2 movies...I think in very rare situations books should be split (like the last Harry Potter, there is just way too much going on and nothing could be cut) I think they could make it 1 movie and it would be a good movie...in movies you don't have to worry about whose prospective you are going through and the pregnancy was relatively short...the honeymoon doesn't have to be very long because I can guarantee they are going to have it PG-13 max...I think it will be one movie...where did people hear that they were cutting Renesme out of the story...that would be just plain dumb of the screen play writer to do because BD IS about the baby...