General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Post by debussygirl »

Why in the world would they cut Renesmee out? If they would do that they just shouldn't even make BD. I would rather that then have them slaughter BD.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Jazz1124
Settled in Forks

Post by Jazz1124 »

pennybug84 wrote:After the initial shock of Bella getting pregnant, I loved it! I thought it was awesome! I also loved how she fought to keep her baby and would do anything to keep her. I don't understand why anyone would be upset she kept the baby. It's living thing and having an abortion is murder. I loved how they are a happy family now w/a baby. (And Edward can't feel guilty about taking that away from Bella!)

BTW:Stephenie address the issue of Bella keeping her baby on the BD FAQ page on her webiste. http://stepheniemeyer.com/bd_faq.html
Yes, abortion is murder. I am a strong Christian and believe such. However, this is a fictional story, so the morality of her decision isn't really an issue.

Also, you can't draw comparissons from a real pregnancy to this in the way of danger to the mother. In real life, the chances of dieing in childbirth is extremely low in a hospital setting with doctors present. This is different, Renesmee was literally sucking the life right out of her, and if Jacob hadn't inspired Edward to a solution through his thoughts when he did, she would have died. From Edward's perspective, I can see why he would be more concerned about Bella than the allegedly crazed monster who was tearing to shreds from the inside out.

Finally, addressing the rapid switch from innocent to sex-crazed Bella...THEY WERE MARRIED...so it really shouldn't bother anyone. She takes good care of Renesmee, the fact of the matter is that she was already sleeping straight through the night, unlike a real baby after that short amount of time...Nessie doesn't need to be taken care of in the middle of the night, and she loves Edward...what's so shocking about them craving for each other? If you are in a marriage where you never found your spouse sexually attractive even in the early stages...that's a sad marriage, in my opinion.
Malicia
Settled in Forks

Post by Malicia »

I didn't like it at all. I can't really imagine Bella as a mom, or Edward being a dad. I would have liked it better off. Way too fictional for me that pregnancy (:
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I think why some people can't imagine them as parents is because we've never given them the chance to be. We never thought they would. But I settled into that idea fairly quickly.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by renesmeecarlie »

debussygirl wrote:I think why some people can't imagine them as parents is because we've never given them the chance to be. We never thought they would. But I settled into that idea fairly quickly.
I agree...once the shock wore off of what had happened- I actually allowed myself to accept them as parents

I guess I'm part of the minority, but I loved all of BD and I really loved the whole story line of Bella and Edward as parents!! :D

Just a hopeless romantic...

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

So, are they defintly making BD into a movie? I heard Eclipse, was defintly being made into a movie.
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by renesmeecarlie »

From everything I read, it seems like the studio OFFICIALLY announced New Moon and Eclipse only so far...I really hope they figure out a way to do BD effectively because it would be strange to stop after Eclipse--at least for us crazy fans ;)

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

I heard that New Moon will be released on November 20, 2009. What about Eclipse? Have you guys heard if Eclipse will be released in 2010 or 2011?
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
Jazz1124
Settled in Forks

Post by Jazz1124 »

Malicia wrote:I didn't like it at all. I can't really imagine Bella as a mom, or Edward being a dad. I would have liked it better off. Way too fictional for me that pregnancy (:
Hardly an intelligent statement...unless you believe vampires walk among us, the entire book is way too fictional...that's why it's called fiction :roll:

Good one, though.
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

Here here Jazz.

I was angry with the pregnancy at first. Sure I wondered how it happened, but I mainly thought "WHY did that have to happen so soon? They just got married!" And they were finally just starting to have sex.. :lol: It went downhill from there. Jacob's POV wasn't my favorite, Edward was absolutely miserable, and Bella was dying... I really didn't like BD at that point. Then, of course, everything fell into place. I know it's fiction, but it was interesting to read SM's explanation of the pregnancy. Nessie really is a perfect addition. Not only did she lead to Bella's transformation, but Bella and Edward actually got to have a child together! It's like having my cake and eating it too. :)
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo