General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
maybeshescrazy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Post by maybeshescrazy »

I have to say, when Edward said (something along the lines of) "we're going back and we're getting this monster out of you" that was the moment I actually hated Edward. I understand why he said it, and I think it just shows how terrible he felt (even the word terrible doesn't do it justice) but I think it was a combination of his not even talking to Bella about it, thinking he knows best, and also I just didn't want an abortion to happen.
And so you can guess how frustrated I was when it slipped into Jacob's POV. NOOOOOOOOO.
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

At first, I was so shocked and upset about Bella being pregnant that (for the first time since beginning the series) I almost lost my compulsion to read the story. I wondered how it was possible, but after reading SM's responses and thinking about it on my own...it makes sense to me now.
But I still thought "Ugh, they JUST got married! Why did that have to happen so quickly?! They have their amazing wedding and honeymoon, and now Bella's dying, Edward's miserable, Jacob's miserable...everything's miserable!" I felt as though the pregnancy took over Bella & Edward's relationship. And it was right after I finally got everything I had been waiting for.

Now, however, I'm really happy that Bella had Nessie. It allowed what we thought was impossible - for Edward and Bella to have a child together and be a happy family. Yay! They truly got their perfect piece of forever, and that is why I love BD. :D
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
stellar87
Completely Dazzled!
Location: The Brit's side...any and everywhere ;-) (Washington State)

Post by stellar87 »

twilight1909 wrote:At first, I was so shocked and upset about Bella being pregnant that (for the first time since beginning the series) I almost lost my compulsion to read the story. I wondered how it was possible, but after reading SM's responses and thinking about it on my own...it makes sense to me now.
But I still thought "Ugh, they JUST got married! Why did that have to happen so quickly?! They have their amazing wedding and honeymoon, and now Bella's dying, Edward's miserable, Jacob's miserable...everything's miserable!" I felt as though the pregnancy took over Bella & Edward's relationship. And it was right after I finally got everything I had been waiting for.

Now, however, I'm really happy that Bella had Nessie. It allowed what we thought was impossible - for Edward and Bella to have a child together and be a happy family. Yay! They truly got their perfect piece of forever, and that is why I love BD. :D
I kinda felt the same way at first. I was like, wait a minute...how is that possible? And why now all the of the sudden? But once I saw how much Bella loved her 'little nudger' (one of my favorite lines from the book) I fell in love with the idea and I absolutely loved it the first time Edward could here Nessie. It finally clicked for him and it changed everything. So needless to say I fell in love with their cute little family. hehe
ImageImage
Kristiner is the Rob to my TomStu. HA!
ObscureAllure
Settled in Forks

Post by ObscureAllure »

stellar87 wrote:
twilight1909 wrote:At first, I was so shocked and upset about Bella being pregnant that (for the first time since beginning the series) I almost lost my compulsion to read the story. I wondered how it was possible, but after reading SM's responses and thinking about it on my own...it makes sense to me now.

I kinda felt the same way at first. I was like, wait a minute...how is that possible? And why now all the of the sudden? But once I saw how much Bella loved her 'little nudger' (one of my favorite lines from the book) I fell in love with the idea and I absolutely loved it the first time Edward could here Nessie. It finally clicked for him and it changed everything. So needless to say I fell in love with their cute little family. hehe

I LOVED it when he said this. It was THE moment for me. When he jumped up, I could just see it in my mind. The excitement on his face, the way he jumped up on the couch... I can see it all on my head perfectly. My fav moment of the book after the initial night in the honeymoon.
stellar87
Completely Dazzled!
Location: The Brit's side...any and everywhere ;-) (Washington State)

Post by stellar87 »

ObscureAllure wrote:
stellar87 wrote:

I LOVED it when he said this. It was THE moment for me. When he jumped up, I could just see it in my mind. The excitement on his face, the way he jumped up on the couch... I can see it all on my head perfectly. My fav moment of the book after the initial night in the honeymoon.

I could see it too! And I couldn't help but smile and almost cry 'cause it was just a genuine moment. You could feel it. It takes a lot for a man to become as attatched to a baby as the mother but this was his moment and he got to expierence it even before the birth...so incredible. Okay, I'm such a sap I know! haha
ImageImage
Kristiner is the Rob to my TomStu. HA!
annabelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by annabelle »

It was really ironic. Like the birth was described so graphically, but the sex scenes were all ~fade to black~

Both of them were really awkward situations though.
Rosalie’s been through a lot: losing her heartbeat, losing her faith in mankind, losing herself... but then she met Emmett and fell for him—the boy who gave her back her life.
fanfic: Blame The Beauty
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

^This post is so true... but I think it's better/right that way. Everyone thinks that Bella and Edward having sex is the highlight, but there's nothing either of them will ever do that is greater than having a child. So details about making the baby aren't all that important, but the actual having the baby and the struggle and all that are so much more important because of that. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
Ichigo Kitty
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Ichigo Kitty »

Yeah, that's always so special I was so happy when Bella came out okay in her Pregnancy at first I thought that she wasn't going to make it and I was panicking along with Edward. *lol* And Renesme is so adorable.
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

~ E<3B
NiCoLeeLoCin
Wandering Through Town

Post by NiCoLeeLoCin »

I remember when she kept eating only eggs I was laughing and saying she was knocked up. :lol: But then when she tasted that chicken, I was like.... omg :o is she really pregnant? because I was only joking back then, so I didn't really expected it.
Ichigo Kitty
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Ichigo Kitty »

Lol, yeah I guess she craved eggs during her pregnancy. :lol:
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

~ E<3B