How many times have you read the saga?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BellaJayne
Settled in Forks

Re: How many times have you read the saga?

Post by BellaJayne »

I'm currently on my third session of reading all the books so...

Twilight 3
New Moon 3
Eclipse 2
Breaking Dawn 2

I'm a bit of a late comer, which explains my low numbers, but so far, everytime i've read the last page of breaking dawn, it damn near breaks my heart and I have to start all over again

Not great when your trying to write an essay for University!
x
Bellsuz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bellsuz »

I am for sure a late comer. I've read the entire saga once. Not that I haven't tried to read it again!
I want to start back from the beginning and it seems that my copy of Twilight keeps being lent out :)
Which is great because I'll have more people to talk to about it, but bad because I want to read it again so bad!!

I've decided to try and start with New Moon this time though because I've been reading the New Moon movie thread and it's gotten me super excited!
Image Credit to emaleth @ Vesperarium :)
CarissaCullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by CarissaCullen »

Twilight- 3
NM-2
E- 2
BD-2

I was stuck with only Twilight over winter break when I was reading them for the first time, so I read twilight a couple of times, lol.
"Between the pain and nothing, I chose nothing"
4everklutzy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by 4everklutzy »

Well, I'm a newbie--just started reading them mid-January after seeing the movie.
Twilight--3 times
New Moon--1time--starting my second time
Eclipse--1time
Breaking Dawn--1 time
I have gone back and re-read certain sections of each--I got a couple of friends started and when they asked questions I re-read to be able to answer them. I know that I'll read them all again and again though :D
Vanquish
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

I only got hooked in December. I've started re-reading them...but because one time Breaking Dawn was out of stock I went and re-read my fav parts of T, NM and E.

T - 2
NM - 2
E - 1...soon it will be 2 because I'm reading it now.
BD - 1....I've read the third part of the book 3 times already.

lol. I'm a bit all over the place.

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I have read each book twice. And I have re-read my favorite chapters a few times. Now I'm sort of on a break from the saga. Trying to stay away for a while :)But there aren't any other books that fascinates me these days, so I guess I'll start reading it again soon...
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

Twilight-6
New Moon-6
Eclipse-5 (partway through time 6)
Breaking Dawn-5

Here I thought that wasn't even that many.
Now I feel like a freak. :geek:
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
Bellsuz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bellsuz »

futurevampire wrote:Twilight-6
New Moon-6
Eclipse-5 (partway through time 6)
Breaking Dawn-5

Here I thought that wasn't even that many.
Now I feel like a freak. :geek:

Umm, don't feel bad futurevampire... I've seen upwards of 20 readings a piece on here. You're just as sane as the rest of us!!! 8-)
Image Credit to emaleth @ Vesperarium :)
TwilightxSagaxLover
Wandering Through Town

Post by TwilightxSagaxLover »

When i got back to school from summer vacation, everyone and i mean EVERYONE in my school was reading them. So i went to the store and has my mom pick it up for me. I thought it would be dumb and stupid because i had never had a tolerance really for Vampire books or reading in general. So i started it and could NOT put it down!!! So i finished it by Monday, got it on Friday and then Tuesday after school I got New Moon i finished it by Thursday, which is surprising because mot of my friend too a longer time to read New Moon but i thought it was good, and then on Saturday, i didn't have time Friday to get the book, i got Eclipse. Eclipse was amazing and by then i was super sad to have to get Breaking Dawn and for it to all be finished. But i couldn't just stop reading so i finished Eclipse by Monday got Breaking Dawn on Tuesday and finished it by Friday, it took me longer because i didn't want the series to end so i read slower. After that i read it over and over again (3 times) until Christmas and then i got the Host. i read the host in 4 days but before that i finished Eclipse and Breaking Dawn again. So since then i have read The Twilight Series 5 times and The Host 3 times.
They were not calling to me; they were letting me go, leaving me to the black universe I had wandered for so many lifetimes. It wasn't black at all, it was blue. Warm, vibrant, brilliant blue... i floated into it with no fear at all.
Team Edward
pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by pharmer4 »

I've read them all once, but then I bought the series again as electronic books (ie PDF files) so I don't need to dog-ear my wife's books.

I am going to find all the extra bits Stephenie has made public, and splice them in to the pdf files, along with illustrations and pictures, and screen shots from the movies etc.

Then, I'm going to print them all out and store the pages in those plastic sleeves that you can get to put into ring binders. That way, if stephenie releases something else, I can slot it in and replace only the affected pages without needing to reprint the lot.

I'm thinking, I'll make the additions appear in a different colour, so it is obvious which is the original and which is the extra bit.

I am also yet to read The Host - I'm moving house soon, so I don't want to be in the middle of it when we shift.

When I do re-read it, I'm goint to force myself to no more than one chapter per day, to make it last longer.
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here