How many times have you read the saga?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: How many times have you read the saga?

Post by Jazz Girl »

I am currently planning my 16th read through The Saga to lead directly up to the release of BD1. I figure I will start the day after my agency's conference is over (the end of October) and that will allow me to focus on those reads leading up to the Nov 18th release. But, I figure that, as it always does, the novels will grip me and I won't be able to take my time, so I'll end up rushing through and finish way early.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Jazz Girl wrote:I am currently planning my 16th read through The Saga to lead directly up to the release of BD1.
I admire your discipline! :good: I used to do that for another, unnamed series (cough*HP*cough), and I too would mistime it every time. I only came into this series after the release of Eclipse (the movie), but I doubt that I have the discipline to plan out my re-reads with this series.
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hm, how many times have I read them? I've honestly lost count. Some parts I've read more than others, too. Even the middle of New Moon, which I find a really difficult read, I have read more than eight times, and that would be, by far, the least of all of them! I just can't seem to leave them alone.
Nora
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nora »

I haven't counted how many times I've read them, but I think I've red each of them at least 8 or 9 times. Currently I'm reading Eclipse, just finished New Moon. Sometimes I like to read just some parts of the books, like in Braking Dawn I love to read the part where Bella is a vampire and in New Moon I usually skip the part where Edward leaves her. The Host I have read 2 times and Bree Tanner's story once.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Yes, Nora, I'm the same with New Moon. I skip to when Alice comes back and read on from there. Even the beginning, before Edward leaves, is too painful to read these days, because I know what's coming.
Nora
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nora »

I find the beginning difficult to read as well. But I can't say that I don't like New Moon, I still like it very much. It's just hard to read the way Bella is without edward.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

That's so true.
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

A lot of people seem to skip the middle of New Moon. I can't do it. As much as it still hurts to read, I just can't skip over it. Part of this is my obsessiveness, where I have to read EVERYTHING. (When I'm driving, or otherwise out, I literally read every word I see. It's automatic.) I can't imagine not reading Bella's pain. And it is so much a part of what comes later. She really only stays out of her depression because of Jacob - without him, I can't see her smiling or laughing at all. I can picture her dying "accidentally" much, much sooner. And of course, without that tie to Jacob, even if she survived until Edward returned, the wolves might never have saved the Cullens from the newborns, and certainly would not have tolerated Bella being changed. Plus there's so many funny bits, like Mike's and Jacob's hands in the theatre, and important bits, like explaining her tie to Edward, despite him leaving her (she thought). Anyway, too much for me to skip, probably ever.

Up to around 12 or 13 reads now of the main Saga. Just bought Bree Tanner, re-reading soon.
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
EverythingRemindsMeOfTwili
Settled in Forks

Post by EverythingRemindsMeOfTwili »

I agree. New Moon is what makes Eclipse "tick". Without it, there's no back story and understanding of Bella and Jake's relationship or why Edward understands (though not completely) why Jake is so necessary for Bella. Without the sorrow, you don't get the full happiness later---the juxtaposition is a really necessary part of understanding the characters (I think).
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Yes, I agree. But I just can't take it! At one stage, I was forcing myself to read only two chapters a day, to try and make the read last longer, and it was agony in New Moon. I spent six Cullen-less days! It was unbelievably difficult!