General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Re: Cullen Cars

Post by bella_love3 »

i watched the video but i still like the s60 better! ahh im so stubborn hopefully it wont ruin the feel of the movie. and why does rosalie have a mercedes instead of a bmw? wouldn't have been cheaper to go with the beemer but then again i don't know.
Ellie Ibis
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Ellie Ibis »

To those of you complaining about the cars in the movie:

You do realize when picking out cars for movies sponsorships play a very large part, right? This was why Bumblebee in Transformers was not a VW, and probably why the cars in the Twilight movie are different. You cannot simply film a major movie and give a character any car you want, because you risk upsetting sponsors, or could get into a lot of trouble with the car company.

Getting the cars right isn't as easy as some of you think. It's not like they can just go out and buy them, because the cars will be on film, not used privately.
the cops & the kids & the cats & the robbers
& the stolen moments from the out of tune guitars
bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Post by bella_love3 »

Ellie Ibis wrote:To those of you complaining about the cars in the movie:

You do realize when picking out cars for movies sponsorships play a very large part, right? This was why Bumblebee in Transformers was not a VW, and probably why the cars in the Twilight movie are different. You cannot simply film a major movie and give a character any car you want, because you risk upsetting sponsors, or could get into a lot of trouble with the car company.

Getting the cars right isn't as easy as some of you think. It's not like they can just go out and buy them, because the cars will be on film, not used privately.
ahh this does make sense. i just always imagine the perfect things and get upset when they aren't but the movie wouldn't even being made if it weren't for those sponsers so i should just be grateful. haa
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

bella_love3 wrote:

ahh this does make sense. i just always imagine the perfect things and get upset when they aren't but the movie wouldn't even being made if it weren't for those sponsers so i should just be grateful. haa
it makes sense, but it doesnt mean we have to like it. and i just like the car the cullens have. but at least i understand now.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

Landiana wrote: it makes sense, but it doesnt mean we have to like it. and i just like the car the cullens have. but at least i understand now.
LOL!!! Seriously!! :mrgreen:
ImageImage
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

what model car does Rose have instead of her M3?
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

Landiana wrote:what model car does Rose have instead of her M3?
I think someone says it was a Mercedes. Not sure which one though...
ImageImage
bluemaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by bluemaria »

If I was as rich as the Cullens I would have that $108,000 Audi that was in Iron Man! Wow... That was a sweet car! :mrgreen: Or the Cobra that he destroyed for that matter (ehhh that almost made me sick :evil: )
Gitta
Wandering Through Town

Post by Gitta »

I really don't know but I've always thought that sponsor paid to have their special car i a movie, like commercial. But i might be wrong but i think that the intrest of a sivler Volvo has increased since Twilight.
Ellie Ibis
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Ellie Ibis »

Gitta wrote:

I really don't know but I've always thought that sponsor paid to have their special car i a movie, like commercial. But i might be wrong but i think that the intrest of a sivler Volvo has increased since Twilight.
It depends. Take Transformers--they had to contact car companies to ask to use their cars. VW said no way because they didn't agree with the movie, due to the circumstances of the movie. And while there is a VW in the background of one of the opening scenes, no character is driving it and no one ever says VW, Beetle, etc. In Twilight their cars are made to stand to out and are oft mentioned. If a car company protests any bit of the movie's content or the content in which their car is used, they won't let it be used.

Also, if, say, Mercedes sponsors the movie and they used a Volvo for the main character's car that could upset Mercedes and they could pull their sponsorship. Similarly if Company X is sponsoring the movie, and Company X has a business deal with Mercedes, even if Mercedes has nothing to do with the movie, it could could trouble if a Volvo is used. It can be extremely complicated and overly difficult because of all the people to please, and the way in which the business world is tangled within itself.
the cops & the kids & the cats & the robbers
& the stolen moments from the out of tune guitars