General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Re: The Honeymoon

Post by Nerd »

I thought it was perfect. Personally, I'm not offended by reading graphic sex scenes, (I'm actually reading the newest Merry Gentry novel by Laurell K. Hamilton, and ANYONE who has read LKH's work knows how bold she is. Ahem. WATCHING them, however, like on True Blood turns my face the brightest red you'll ever see.) but the tone of the honeymoon was perfect for this particular series. The sentiments of the honeymoon were expressed without having to go into detail, and that's really one of the qualities that it gets praised for. The topic is brought up in a manner that mothers can talk with their children/teenagers about. If Stephenie had made it anything more, I think there would have been some angry parents. Bwahhhhaah.

As for the scene itself, I was mostly laughing. I'll have to try and dig deeper when I read it again. (It's hard for me to read books more than once because there's always something new out there. I'm trying to make an acception for the Twilight Saga.) There's probably some inner turmoil I missed. Like the pain that Esme's rooms are feeling. Looooool.
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

_cullenlovex3 wrote:edward4ever.
i love you.

your honemoon scene was absolutely TERRIFIC :D
:D Thanks sooo much for that!! Most of the credit, though, must of course go to SM! I tried to copy her writing style as exactly as I could. You'll notice I used many of the same lines she already had in all of her books. For example when I wrote "Just give me a moment, please.", when Edward is standing in the corner. I took that directly from the meadow scene (I think that's the scene). I must say, one of my favorite parts in "my" story is when I had the moon "...casting hundreds of tiny little rainbow's off of Edward's skin." I thought it was a neat take on what the sun does to him.
I'm usually more humble than this!! :lol:
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

Sounds like the honeymoon was done nice. :D Also, there have been other stories where vampires have sex: Angel and Buffy had sex in "Buffy The Vampire Slayer".
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
bite_me

Post by bite_me »

hmmm . . . I don't watch Buffy, but I suppose it would have been easier to put the sex part in the story because all the fans aren't analysing how that could scientifically happen.

Or did they?
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
Imprinted-2912
Settled in Forks

Post by Imprinted-2912 »

Nerd wrote: As for the scene itself, I was mostly laughing. I'll have to try and dig deeper when I read it again. (It's hard for me to read books more than once because there's always something new out there. I'm trying to make an acception for the Twilight Saga.) There's probably some inner turmoil I missed. Like the pain that Esme's rooms are feeling. Looooool.
I was laughing the whole time to when I read it at first!!!
I have know idea why but I just found it so funny. But after I had read it a couple of times and the funnyness had worn off, I really like that section of the book. It shows Bella and Edwards maturity that had developed. I loved Isle Esme and the whole thing with the broken bed and the feathers :D
“ Oh my God I just had a dirty dream about you and your brothers!! My eyes...Edward my eyes.,...ew Jasper...oh god I took off his shirt and Emmett...ugh I can't even say what happened there! Ew...” - Bella

Family Therapy Cullen Style by vgjm
StarEmerson
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by StarEmerson »

bite_me wrote:hmmm . . . I don't watch Buffy, but I suppose it would have been easier to put the sex part in the story because all the fans aren't analysing how that could scientifically happen.

Or did they?
The vampires in Buffy are very different to the Twilight vampires. They are more traditional.

From what I have gatherd from many years of watching Buffy and Angel, they are kind of half breeds. Half human, half vampire. A human, with a demon using it's body. And that demon is a vampire. In the Buffy world, there are lots of kinds of demons.

So, they can do pretty much the same things as humans can do, even eat. It just doesnt sustain them. Spike is always eating and drinking whiskey!

I dont think fans had a problem with Buffy and Angel having sex, personally I didnt give the possibility much thought, I dont speak for all the fans though.

Also Angel had a soul, but I dont think that would stop other Vampires, if they wanted to do it with humans. Spike sleeps with Buffy and Anya, and he didnt have a soul then.
"Magic Keeps Us Alive"

E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

StarEmerson wrote:
bite_me wrote:hmmm . . . I don't watch Buffy, but I suppose it would have been easier to put the sex part in the story because all the fans aren't analysing how that could scientifically happen.

Or did they?
The vampires in Buffy are very different to the Twilight vampires. They are more traditional.

From what I have gatherd from many years of watching Buffy and Angel, they are kind of half breeds. Half human, half vampire. A human, with a demon using it's body. And that demon is a vampire. In the Buffy world, there are lots of kinds of demons.

So, they can do pretty much the same things as humans can do, even eat. It just doesnt sustain them. Spike is always eating and drinking whiskey!

I dont think fans had a problem with Buffy and Angel having sex, personally I didnt give the possibility much thought, I dont speak for all the fans though.

Also Angel had a soul, but I dont think that would stop other Vampires, if they wanted to do it with humans. Spike sleeps with Buffy and Anya, and he didnt have a soul then.
It's hard to say. We could always ask SM. It's just a mystery, I guess lol! :D
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

SM explains it here: http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/bd_faq.html
Look under "Vampires and pregnancy: when did that idea occur to you? How does that work?" I was really confused about the whole matter until I read that. Now it makes sense. :)
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
EandB

Post by EandB »

I think maybe cause we waited for it for so long and to only get the before and after seems unfufilling.
#1twi-guy

Post by #1twi-guy »

^ I know right? I mean I understand she couldn't get too graphic, but come on, there could've been at least a little bit more. I was pretty dissapointed, until the feathers came. Hahahahaha
That made my day, when I read that part :D
Silly Edward!

The original twi-guy.
While people obsess over Edward, I have a thing for Alice. Hehe