General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Team Edward Girl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: The Honeymoon

Post by Team Edward Girl »

This is my whole take on the whole BD sex thing. I'm personally glad that SM didn't go into details, but I do have to say, it was still enough to make you do the classic Twilight "blushes and giggles". A big reason I'm glad that SM didn't go into detail, there's a wide veriety of age groups reading these books (my 10yr old sister is reading Twilight for example), so she kept it pretty clean for the younger readers and gave the older readers the idea of Bella and Edward were doing. When it comes to the bruises, I understand how Edward felt about that. He hates anythng that would hurt Bella, and he was upset because he was the one to hurt her. Though I think he shouldn't have beaten himself up anymore once he knew Bella was honestly ok. One thing I thought was sweet and sort of funny about the whole "first time" thing, was the fact that Edward was feeling akward and had no clue what to do, just like Bella. :D
"I see you lying next to me with words I thought I'd never speak; awake and unafraid asleep or dead" -Famous Last Words" My Chemical Romance
Zina
Settled in Forks

Post by Zina »

I just wanted to say Thank You to Edward4ever!
That is exactly what was missing :D

I understand why she limited the honeymoon scene due to her audience, however after Eclipse I would have like a little bit more. As for wanting more of Edwards POV. Absolutely! I have re-read the Midnight Sun draft a couple of times and I'm always dissapointed that it is just getting good when it stops. I hope she one day decides to finish it.
Mara Jade Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Mara Jade Cullen »

Team Edward Girl wrote:One thing I thought was sweet and sort of funny about the whole "first time" thing, was the fact that Edward was feeling akward and had no clue what to do, just like Bella. :D
*sigh* Oh, I agree. The fact that he was so innocent as well...that he had to go and ask his family members what to expect...that he wasn't the typical guy just out for what he could get (*cough* Mike). Well, it just contributes to that allure that is uniquely Edward.
Team Edward
macfaerie
Settled in Forks

Post by macfaerie »

LisaAnn wrote:
Nikkinik wrote:I'm 16 and I kind of thought she did a good job with the whole sex thing. I mean, I was satisfied with what she gave us. I can't really imagine how she would go about writing anymore. Maybe it's just because I'm young. :D But I was just surprised when people were mad about that.
Same here, and like someone else mentioned, there is a big age span to please, so she can't really go into details that much. It was still a wonderful, and at times, funny part of the book.

I am really just commenting on the whole age thing, I have seen this more than a couple of times, on several threads. If we slow down enough and read Edward has been in existence since 1901, BUT he is just the same as Bella, She resurrected the 17 year old human boy/man in him. His existence up until now has be that of the vampire and he has forgotten what it was like to be a young man. The facade of two teenagers in love is always there. I think that why Stephanie down plays "how long" Edward has been 17. And Edward tells Bella this is his first time too. Remember he is protecting his virtue as well as hers. Even if he was 300 years old he is still having his “first love” and she is a teenager. Well as much as Bella can be, don’t forget her mom refers to her as middle aged and so does Jake. She is mature well beyond her years.

Sorry, I just keep seeing people harping on how much "older" Edward is, and he really isn't. :)
An Eternal Kiss, Given By a Dark Angel
MAL - 1995

Macfaerie
macfaerie
Settled in Forks

Post by macfaerie »

Sorry, I haven’t read all 300+ posting, but I need to put this out there for myself, If she, Stephanie, ever reads this, please consider printing the book you gave to your sister! I would love to read you get carried away and for those of you who don’t know what I am talking about here is the link to her site that tells all.(well tells about the "other" book she wrote).

"(People often ask me if I'm ever going to make Forever Dawn public. The answer is no. For one thing, it's not great—it's downright embarrassing in some places. However, some of the content will work as a loose outline for book four, so I can't tell you what happened, either.)", http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/nm_thestory.html

And When I read the honeymoon, I was glad she left so much to the imagination. The tease is just as tempting if not more. To be honest I was kind of embarrassed that I read the word "sex" all three times. But the over all effect and impression it left was how I want to see them living forever the banter and the romance, the sincerity and brutality, and that for the rest of their existence they will be this happy little married couple.
MAL - 1995

Macfaerie
chach
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by chach »

i luved how they broke a bed and the maid was scared of edward
macfaerie
Settled in Forks

Post by macfaerie »

chach wrote:i luved how they broke a bed and the maid was scared of edward
well Edward broke the bed I don’t think Bella knew until he pointed it out! and Hey I know some all human couples that have caused some minor destruction in the heat of the moment. lol.
MAL - 1995

Macfaerie
SpiiderMonkey
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by SpiiderMonkey »

macfaerie wrote:Sorry, I haven’t read all 300+ posting, but I need to put this out there for myself, If she, Stephanie, ever reads this, please consider printing the book you gave to your sister! I would love to read you get carried away and for those of you who don’t know what I am talking about here is the link to her site that tells all.(well tells about the "other" book she wrote).

"(People often ask me if I'm ever going to make Forever Dawn public. The answer is no. For one thing, it's not great—it's downright embarrassing in some places. However, some of the content will work as a loose outline for book four, so I can't tell you what happened, either.)", http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/nm_thestory.html

And When I read the honeymoon, I was glad she left so much to the imagination. The tease is just as tempting if not more. To be honest I was kind of embarrassed that I read the word "sex" all three times. But the over all effect and impression it left was how I want to see them living forever the banter and the romance, the sincerity and brutality, and that for the rest of their existence they will be this happy little married couple.
You just took the words right out of my mouth! I wish I could read Forever Dawn. I love how she kept it PG-13 and gave all readers the chance to know and love the story.. But it would be interesting to see what happened behind the scenes ;)

-Brittany
-And, by the way, I adore you...in frightening, dangerous ways.
Edward Cullen - Midnight Sun, pg 125.
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

I was so disappointed. Ha ha.
ImageImageImageImageImage
chach
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by chach »