The Honeymoon

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
heifergrl1
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Following the ever so saucy Eric Northman around...a lot...

Re: The Honeymoon

Post by heifergrl1 »

At first I was disappointed with the honeymoon because I was expecting more. It was because in Eclipse when Bella is trying to seduce Edward, everything becomes more heated and it just seemed like there was going to be a descriptive love scene in BD. But after a while I was happy with it. It is descriptive enough without being too explict for younger readers.

-Elizabeth
Oh the deliciousness!
E<3B
LeechesRule95
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by LeechesRule95 »

Im 13 now but honestly Im worried about the movie......
Im not sure Ill be able to go unless I dont have to tell my mom an exact movie name :roll:
It was an okay honeymoon though way Over the top but I mean a private island :roll: WOW!!!
I especially like the part where the cleaning lady freaks out over Edward putting his lips to Bellas neck... Haha Hilarious :lol:

TRAINEE OF E.D.C.!!!!!!!!!

I <3 BLUE BLOODS ALMOST AS MUCH AS TWILIGHT! ( i said almost!)
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I just re-read this part for the second time. I would be okay with just a little more detail, but I also realized that I'm okay with the scene as written. We all get it! That's what makes it okay and I wouldn't mind a 12 or 13 year old reading the book.

It was a little disjointed for me though becuase it was almost like Bella blacked out. She describes a lot to tell her story. But it still was perfect.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

After all the suspense that was built, and all the rolling around in bed and hitching legs up over hips, and unbuttoning shirts, it seemed the Honeymoon would have a tad more detail.
Nope. The only great details we got were how many times Bella at her stupid plate of eggs and how deeply she ached, because she wanted more sex.

The birth scene was absolutely gruesome and no one wanted that. The sex scene was nothing and that's where everyone was headed from the start.

Bad stuff.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

heifergrl1 wrote:At first I was disappointed with the honeymoon because I was expecting more. It was because in Eclipse when Bella is trying to seduce Edward, everything becomes more heated and it just seemed like there was going to be a descriptive love scene in BD. But after a while I was happy with it. It is descriptive enough without being too explict for younger readers.
This just about sums up how I feel. I mean, granted, some more details would have been nice ;) but we can't have everything! :lol:
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
viokagloring
Wandering Through Town

Post by viokagloring »

i thought the honeymoon itself was sooooooo romantic! how Edward thought of everything - every little tiny detail. like making the temperature a little hotter for what they were planning on ;) . i mean come on! a privite friggin island just for them. a house right on the beach.

i also took the next morning a little hurmorous. i was laughing at Edward that he was so mad at himself when Bella was so very happy about what happened. and her question "Why am i covered in feathers?" i laughed soooo hard. haha

...strong emotions can alter us in permanent ways.
he_dazzles_me
Settled in Forks

Post by he_dazzles_me »

I think that SM should have wrote the first night of their honeymoon after they have sex, in Edward's point of view. It would have given us a better feel for what Edward felt as he watched Bella's body yield to the "damage" he caused while she slept through the night. I wished that SM would have gone just a bit more in depth. I wasn't expecting it to be Sex Education 101, but she could have made it a bit more detailed than Edward and Bella agreeing to have sex, going to the bedroom, and then just waking up the next morning. I guess I just expected a bit more from SM from such an epic scene.
JoanneMaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: crying in the midst of a boundless labyrinth of ancient trees *New York*

Post by JoanneMaria »

I felt SM was very explicit. Bella's thoughts, Edward's actions and FEATHERS... I guess I just a have a vivid imagination.
"Life sucks, and then you die." BD 143
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

i love the fact that it was a little romantic, a little "raunchy" (pillows, bruises). I mean if the description of the bruises on Bella's body isn't enough detail than what is? I would love to read a non YA part of that book just to see exactly what SM really thought. I just loved the fact that like they watched a movie and they hung out like a newly wed couple. I thought it was really cute. I cant wait to read this whole part again!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I don't know if I already said this, but I'll say it again anyways.

Well I got my mom to read Twilight and when she read Breaking Dawn she was like "I liked the book, but the honeymoon was a little disturbing."

And I just laughed and pretended ti agree, I secret loved the honeymoon. Shhh.