General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
amber_eyes_26
Settled in Forks

Re: Sequels

Post by amber_eyes_26 »

i felt like that book ended very well. but i also think there are so many things that need to be continued!!! i feel like Renesmee as she grows needs to be told along with her relationship with Jacob. i also think that Renesmee and Zafrina's friendship should continue i felt like that should have continued for some reason. i also felt like when they knew the Volturi would return, that that needs to be explained in the future.... will more vampire join the Cullens? so many that it comes to a fight and the Volturi looses? then i feel like that would be a huge shift in the immortal world where people will have looked to the Cullen family more than anyone! i dunno what would have actually happened but i feel like that could go on... also with Bella's power, they made it constantly seem like she still had soo much more potential! i want to know if in the fight she reached that or if there is still more she is capable of. i want to see so much more happen! its like this could be a TV series that could go so many seperate ways!!!! i gotta know!

i really feel like Midnight Sun should be finished. it felt like it was way too soon in that book to just end! we still dont get the full image of Edward or what really goes on inside of his head and what other people think that he hears! i wanted to see so much and how he deals with what happens to Bella at the end. I may never feel truely complete... :( AHHH wi do people have to screw up where it ruins it for the rest of us?!

but theres my 2 cents !
SAA
Settled in Forks

Post by SAA »

I think SM needs time to work on other things. If all she did was churn out vamp story after vamp story her writing would get stale. After a few years and when she as worked on other things will she be able to come back with fresh eyes and mind. Then her stories can be great.

If and when she comes back, I hope to see something in Ness's POV. I think the bigger question to ask is how she feels about who she is. We all saw her happy little self as a child. But would she be happy later when she grows up to know that there is another way to live? in BD she was happy because her life was all she knew. She was surrounded by Vampires, wolfs, and only one human. She never got to see the world through with total human eyes like each vampire did long ago. Would she be happy? Or would she understand that she really has no choice and must be happy with what she's given?

Also, it would be interesting to see what Leah's life is like. Since there is so much that people want, if SM were to write another book like BD where each character gets a chance to say their side. Would be nice.

But give her time.
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by slayerchick303 »

Absolutely. If Stephenie Meyer decides to finish Midnight Sun, I think she should re-write the entire series from Edward's perspective. I think a sequel could be done from Renesmee's perspective when she grows-up. I also think that a prequel from Carlisle's point-of-view would be cool!
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

slayerchick303 wrote:Absolutely. If Stephenie Meyer decides to finish Midnight Sun, I think she should re-write the entire series from Edward's perspective. I think a sequel could be done from Renesmee's perspective when she grows-up. I also think that a prequel from Carlisle's point-of-view would be cool!
i REALLY want Stephenie Meyer to do all the books from edward's perspective! that would be AWESOME! :D
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
slayerchick303

Post by slayerchick303 »

ilovetwilight wrote:
slayerchick303 wrote:Absolutely. If Stephenie Meyer decides to finish Midnight Sun, I think she should re-write the entire series from Edward's perspective. I think a sequel could be done from Renesmee's perspective when she grows-up. I also think that a prequel from Carlisle's point-of-view would be cool!
i REALLY want Stephenie Meyer to do all the books from edward's perspective! that would be AWESOME! :D
I completely agree! I guess we'll have to hope, pray, and cross-our-fingers to just to get Midnight Sun released in order to start that series. I really hope she doesn't trash the novel. I don't care if she takes a break from writing it for a decade, I'll still be excited to read it!
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
everlong
Learning to Love Green

Post by everlong »

slayerchick303 wrote:
ilovetwilight wrote:
I completely agree! I guess we'll have to hope, pray, and cross-our-fingers to just to get Midnight Sun released in order to start that series. I really hope she doesn't trash the novel. I don't care if she takes a break from writing it for a decade, I'll still be excited to read it!
Edwards POV for the whole series would be amazing. The main thing I love about Midnight Sun is hearing everyones thoughts, its really interesting. There have been heaps of times during the saga where Bella looks at him during a situtation and he smiles to himself or growls because of what someone has thought, but you never get to find out what he heard. It would be brilliant :) Especialy in BD, hearing the volturies thoughts during the whole "fight" scene. Also reading how he was feeling during Bellas pregnancy would be the best.
I don't think she would write them all again in Edwards POV - but I can dream :)
slayerchick303

Post by slayerchick303 »

everlong wrote: Edwards POV for the whole series would be amazing. The main thing I love about Midnight Sun is hearing everyones thoughts, its really interesting. There have been heaps of times during the saga where Bella looks at him during a situtation and he smiles to himself or growls because of what someone has thought, but you never get to find out what he heard. It would be brilliant :) Especialy in BD, hearing the volturies thoughts during the whole "fight" scene. Also reading how he was feeling during Bellas pregnancy would be the best.
I don't think she would write them all again in Edwards POV - but I can dream :)
I agree. That was one of my favourite parts of Midnight Sun as well. I think you not only learn a lot more about Edward in that draft, but you learn a great deal about the other characters in the Twilight Universe. It would be amazing if Stephenie Meyer wrote the entire series again from Edward's perspective, but I also agree that that would probably not happen. You're right, having Breaking Dawn written from Edward's perspective would be amazing. If Stephenie Meyer decideds to resume writing Midnight Sun, I think she will keep books from Edward's point of view limited to that. I will definitely dream about it too though!
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
Meztli
Location: Playing thunderball with the Cullens in a Demetri-free land!

Post by Meztli »

I think a series of short stories would be nice. I'm curious just what happened when Alice woke up a vampire. Did she wonder what she was? And then BAM! Jasper is in her mind. I would like to know how she felt when she saw his face. Her reactions to what their future would hold. Same with Jasper, right when he met Alice, those feelings he must have felt just seeing her and reacting to her emotions for him. Or what happened exactly when Emmett couldn't resist that woman's scent on his errand for Rosalie. Or what really happened when Edward's mom told Carlisle to do what only he could for him. And how he found Esme. That's somehting I'd like to read.
Hydraulic Broom Trainee for EDC, INC.
Commander of Emmett's Undies~Jell-O Wars '09
Fanfiction Profile: Meztli
slayerchick303

Post by slayerchick303 »

Meztli wrote:I think a series of short stories would be nice. I'm curious just what happened when Alice woke up a vampire. Did she wonder what she was? And then BAM! Jasper is in her mind. I would like to know how she felt when she saw his face. Her reactions to what their future would hold. Same with Jasper, right when he met Alice, those feelings he must have felt just seeing her and reacting to her emotions for him. Or what happened exactly when Emmett couldn't resist that woman's scent on his errand for Rosalie. Or what really happened when Edward's mom told Carlisle to do what only he could for him. And how he found Esme. That's somehting I'd like to read.
That does sound like a really cool idea! I think maybe one novel from each character's perspective outlining some of the scenes you just suggested would be very cool. I don't think I could handle them being short stories because I'd go crazy wanting to know more. It would definitely have to be novels in my opinion. I think the one about Alice and her first experiences as a vampire would be the most interesting to read, but all of those ideas would be great as well.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
MagicWings
Wandering Through Town

Post by MagicWings »

I had a half awake dream early this morning, so I remember it pretty well. It was something that I think would be cute to see in a sequel to the Saga. I don't write fanfiction but I thought it was sorta interesting/funny in it's own way, so I'll just post it here.

After thought: It got pretty long, sorry!

It took place about 2 years after the end of Breaking Dawn... so Renesmee was about 8-10 physically or so. Edward and Bella decided to take a "family vacation" because they hadn't gotten much time to just.. spend being a family. Of course, you can't take Renesmee without taking Jacob, so the 4 of them left for vacation. Their first stop was the Grand Canyon where Jacob bet Renesmee he could make it to the bottom before her. Edward ended up getting their first, though. Jacob and Renesmee tied, Bella was second but barely.

Renesmee was sort of miffed cause... there's nothing to hunt in a big empty rock hole, so Bella, Edward and Jacob had to convince her to eat some tomato soup along with Jacob. Bella picked tomato soup cause it "looks" like blood. She agreed to eat it on the promise that their next stop would have interesting things to hunt. I assumed Nessie would have to "eat" (drink blood) more often than the vampires, because she's half human.

Their next stop was the Amazon, where they met up with old friends, hunted more exotic things, and explored some ruins and all that. That part went by really fast because I couldn't really bring the Amazon to mind very well. There was an encounter with Nahuel, who seemed torn between whether he was more interested in Bella or Renesmee.

The last stop that happened before I was fully awake was they went to visit Stonehenge. They went at night, to keep away from tourists, of course. But Bella commented that she remembered learning about it in school and wondered who made it and why. Edward answers her telling her it was built by a vampire. He goes into this whole story about why it was built and what happened to that vampire. He built it at first because he wanted a "home" and because he was bored. After some time, some humans in a village discovered him and his "temple" as they called it. They worshiped him as a god and brought him offerings. It was believed that he was the first vampire to ever try animal blood, because that was what the villagers brought him as offerings. Every so often he would sneak away and hunt in other villages, but as time went on, he did it less and less.

A few decades later, he found a female vampire and they became lovers. She wouldn't drink the animal blood, though she usually hunted away from the village. When she slipped, he would forgive her, but plead that she not harm the villagers. One night she attacked an entire family. The mother, father, and all 3 children were killed. He was infuriated because that family had been close with him, especially the teenager daughter. She would visit him and talk to him without being scared or thinking of him as a god. She listened to his stories and he listened to hers.

In his despair, he destroyed the female vampire without even thinking about it. After he realized what he'd done, he was even more upset, and stepped into the fire she was burning in and killed himself. Bella is sort of awed by the story and says that she thought that that vampire probably really loved the human girl more than the vampire female. Edward laughs and tells Bella that the first time he heard the story, he couldn't understand it at all, he couldn't understand why the vampire killed himself and the female vampire. Then he says that while he was away from her and contemplating death in Volterra, he thought of that story again and finally understood. Edward came to the same conclusion Bella had, that the vampire had loved the human girl.

-------

And that was that... I'm sorry it got so long there, but I think there still is a lot of things that Stephanie could write... I mean, Breaking Dawn hints at more in at least 2 places... saying the Volturi will be back and they'll stand up against them again... I think it's unlikely she'll write from Bella's POV again, though... I'd prefer Nessie over Leah if there are any sequels... and like I saw someone suggest, a book for the rest of the Cullens would be nice too. I think they all have a rich enough history that it could be done... there would be some overlap, their early years with the Cullen family... they probably wouldn't be as long of books... 300-500 pages max, but it'd really fill out the world and characters. I think SM probably has ideas, too, but she needs time to let everything that's happened settle down and all that. Maybe in 5 years or so, we'll hear more from the Twilight universe.
Anime, manga, and gamer fans wanted:
http://imagineroleplayforum.ultimarpg.net/portal.htm