General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
rebecookie
Settled in Forks

Re: Breaking Dawn-I liked it

Post by rebecookie »

I loved breaking dawn i enjoyed it while it lasted :!: :!: and now everyone is reading twilight!! like even the teachers at skool! and the boys at my skool! i dont think its a boy book :lol: but wateva! :D so now my teachers done and blah blah blah :roll: but like is said i loved breaking dawn!! <3 it was awsome and i was so suprised that bella had a baby girl!!! MAN I WISHED IT DIDNT END!!! i want more!!!!!!! :x :cry:
ed4ev
Wandering Through Town

Post by ed4ev »

omigosh, i was kinda unsure at first, and i really didnt wanna read about jacob at the ends of bellas POV, well at first and then jacob has such great sense of humor, i absolutely doubled over in laughter when he threw the doggie bowl at rosalie!! and the blond jokes...aahahaha....anyways, when bella dropped the blue box, i was like what the heck?? then...AGHH!!! yayayayaya i was sooo happy i really really wanted to have another character...renesmee was perfect!!! imsure no one expected it, cuz rosalie and alice and esmee cant have babies, so everyone naturally assumed bella couldnt either...sigh..then i loved that jacob imprinted on her...it was perfectly perfect...it totally balanced everything out...i also like when bella first woke up for the first time, she saw everything so much better, i always thought it was like putting in contacts in the morning, sudenly you see...but then alice dropped the vase, i totally freaked i was all...O NO!!!! then ballas like vampires dont drop things...ever.then alice left...i was soo sad...i love alice shes so awesome, i just wouldnt believe that she could do that, it just wasnt her..i couldnt see the pages when i everyone was saying goodbye, i was crying so hard...esme wnt to hold carlisles hand, edward and bella said goodbye, renesmee was ready to leave with jacob...it was so incredibly sad....:(
but then alice came back!!!! im so glad she founf nahuel...

then we went into our small but perfect piece of forever...
the end

Do I dazzle you?
maggmaster
Settled in Forks

Post by maggmaster »

Breaking dawn, I loved it. Personally the whole series for me was about Bella becoming a vampire. My mythic impulse is fairly strong, to the point that I checked before finishing Twilight to make sure that Bella did indeed become a vampire before the end. If the series would not have culminated in this, I probably would have stopped reading. Personally I am more distressed that I will not get to read any more books in this world than I am about anyything that Stephanie chose to do with her world. It is after all her world and she is the final arbiter of its rules, events and characters. I am a huge fan of these works and I truly hope that Stephanie chooses to write more in this world she has created. That being said, it was also nice to start and end an already completed story, to many of my favorite authors are still in the process of writing their stories and waiting is hard work.
Nala
Wandering Through Town

Post by Nala »

I love it and I am so impressed. I was wild to read how Bella'S changing will be, her first impressions as a vampire and was convinced Stephenie woulndt show us this 'cruel' and true parts of it, e.g. Bella's first huntings,..

hahaa!!! up to Breaking Dawn it was a wonderful and awesome romantic saga but now
it's fantasy at its best.

I was almoust terrified (because of my stupidness and biasedness) when I got to know that Bella would pregnant and started to loose my prejudice and prospects. I opened myself to a new kind of author.
I knew up to this point that Stephenie is a great narrator, a gifted creator of awesome romantic novels, but now - well, she smashed my naive mind in pieces.

It's a triumph and a great final of Twilight!!!

Breaking Dawn rocks!
ALWAYS _________________________ Image
_____________________sorry to the unknown artist, couldnt detect you. still: I adore this image so! thank you!
bloodthirsty
Settled in Forks

Post by bloodthirsty »

i was really annoyed when i first read it - the whole thing with bella getting pregnant was unnerving and it completely threw me out for a bit, but the bit in jacob's pov was AWESOME and the titles... and once i knew there were reasons for why things happened the way they did i accepted it - its growing on me too
and although i didn't quite cry - kinda sad actually, but i never quite cry in books, just get myself worked up into an emotional wreck - it did get me just as happy and excited and sad as the other three =)
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

I've just finished reading Breaking Dawn and I must say it's nothing I had expected...and I'm glad of it. I had read so many negative comments that I did wait for Stephenie Meyer's total failure in the last book. On the contrary, I was totally hooked by the events and by her writing. The main risk in this kind of sagas is to keep the characters from changing, to keep going on and on with the same type of scenes or sub-plots. Stephenie chose a different and unsure path: she shocked the readers by showing them unknown aspects of the main characters. And I'm so glad she did...what a disappointment would have been to see Eward and Bella locked in their teenage romance forever, or in their routine to re-adjuste in some other city's high school now and then together with the other Cullens. Stephenie decided to make them go on, to grow up to a certain extent. I think this is the best conclusion for such a wonderful literary couple: it's the redemption Edward had never thought to be possible, it's their redemption and reward for having chosen such a difficult path in life. They grow up, they create a family...that's wonderful. Breaking Dawn is much more "mature" than the ther books. And I think it's a positive thing...young adult readers will have to grow up eventually, as Bella and Edward did, notwithstanding their immortality.

Regarding the fantasy aspect of the story taken to its limit, as argued by some who didn't like the book, I think it was something to expect...the books were dealing with werewolves and vampires, after all. In the previous books Bella was human so there was much more interaction with the human world. Breaking Dawn is set in the supernatural world, a supernatural worldcreated by Stephenie and nobody I think can pretend to know what could be plausible or not in her world.

Well, I've said a lot of things. I'd better stop now...this is pretty much what I think about Breaking Dawn!
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

Nala
Wandering Through Town

Post by Nala »

dimber wrote: Well, I've said a lot of things. I'd better stop now...this is pretty much what I think about Breaking Dawn!
Wow, yeah, you put it much better in words than me. I would like to read more...
while I read your post I nodded all the time my head hard.
So why wont you go on?
ALWAYS _________________________ Image
_____________________sorry to the unknown artist, couldnt detect you. still: I adore this image so! thank you!
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Nala wrote: Wow, yeah, you put it much better in words than me. I would like to read more...
while I read your post I nodded all the time my head hard.
So why wont you go on?
I'm pleased to read you liked my comment, Nala...and I hope not to annoy anyone by adding a few more things.

As I said in my previous post, I'm glad Stephenie managed to make Bella and Edward grow up in some way. To keep their relationship at the stage of teenage romance drama would have been such a waste. They love each other so much that they would both give their own life for the other, as we have seen from Twilight on. Any teenager would look at his/her romance as something eternal, wonderful. We all do (or did, as it's my case) That's why Twilight gained so much success in a certain age group. But Stephenie had the courage to risk and go beyond that: in Breaking Dawn she has showed us a glimpse of what there is beyond the butterflies-in-the-stomach phase. I say beyond and not after because the magic between Edward and Bella is still there, even if they have to deal with Nessie's needs or with new family routine. Nothing has changed, and yet nothing is the same anymore. It's all there but taken to its maximum, it's pure bliss. Would Romeo and Juliet be the same without their final tragic death? The scene I love most is the one at the balcony: so tender and romantic. But would Romeo and Juliet be that fascinating to millions of readers if Romeo kept sneaking into Juliet's garden to steal love promises and kisses from her forever? Breaking Dawn is an evolution...a very quick one but necessary to keep all the four books together and make sense of the whole saga.

A lot of people have complained about the sudden and unexpected change in Bella's attitude toward being a mother. I think that's pretty plausible. And Stephenie managed pretty well to describe Bella's and Edward's feelings, growing from incredulity to despair to acceptance and love. Moreover, I feel like Stephenie, being a mother herself, put a lot of that into this last book. I'm not a mother yet but I accept her point of view and Bella's success in reconciling her love for Edward with her love for Nessie (and Jacob too). Maybe some day I will have a better understanding of the issue but I wasn't disappointed at all in seeing Bella share her love for Edward with Nessie too. Shee took nothing from her devotion from Edward because I think her love for Renesmee is just an addition, it's a whole...they are a whole, they are a family.

Well, I guess that's all...hope it was not too long or boring :D

@ Nala: if you want to chat about this or if you have any questions, please, fell free to PM whenever you want ;)
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

sparker
Wandering Through Town

Post by sparker »

A lot of people have complained about the sudden and unexpected change in Bella's attitude toward being a mother. I think that's pretty plausible. And Stephenie managed pretty well to describe Bella's and Edward's feelings, growing from incredulity to despair to acceptance and love. Moreover, I feel like Stephenie, being a mother herself, put a lot of that into this last book. I'm not a mother yet but I accept her point of view and Bella's success in reconciling her love for Edward with her love for Nessie (and Jacob too).
I think Stephenie took a huge chance on this dynamic of a mothers experience with her young readers in this book, and I'm amazed that she hit the nail on the head with the way Bella and Edward processed the threat and joy of having a child. You have a very mature grasp on this dimber!

There is a very similar parallel in birthing a child with a known disability when they were expecting Renesmee. This was my own experience in having my son whom we knew before he was born would have a hole in his heart and Down Syndrome. People debated over whether or not having him was an aberration in the medical community. What was worse was that I went into labor early and instead of allowing me to go ahead and have him, I had to endure 36 hours of labor because his heart was fragile and I couldn't bear to lose him too early. It's a love like none other, stronger than the bond between man and woman and the selfless kind of love that women willingly die for.
Stephenie was able to project this love between Bella and Renesmee and in this taught Edward a whole new meaning of what love is, unbinding, unconditional, and unending.
I would love to have known Edwards POV of this!
37yearoldfan

Post by 37yearoldfan »

rebecookie wrote:I loved breaking dawn i enjoyed it while it lasted :!: :!: and now everyone is reading twilight!! like even the teachers at skool! and the boys at my skool! i dont think its a boy book :lol: but wateva! :D so now my teachers done and blah blah blah :roll: but like is said i loved breaking dawn!! <3 it was awsome and i was so suprised that bella had a baby girl!!! MAN I WISHED IT DIDNT END!!! i want more!!!!!!! :x :cry:
I could not agree more!!! I did not want it to end either. Let's hope that SM decided to write Midnight Sun.