General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Breaking Dawn-I liked it

Post by WishIWasACullen »

I absolutely loved Breaking Dawn. Nope- I didn't have to reread it to like it. There wasn't any part in the middle where I felt irked at SM for writing something a certain way. I hung on every word as if it were life or death. I think the reason why a large portion of the fandom was initially upset with Breaking Dawn was because it went over their heads. Not because they aren't smart enough or sophisticated enough to understand it but because the series took a step that a lot of the readers just couldn't imagine or follow. So many of the loyal Twi-Hards put themselves in Bella's shoes as they read the series and when Bella took the marriage/sex/pregnancy step, that was just a path on which some of them couldn't follow either because they don't want it, understand it or simply aren't ready for that part in their own lives. The novel grew up. It passed the juvenile romance stage and became overwhelmingly real (besides the whole vampire/werewolf business of course!). Not to say it hadn't evolved earlier...it started evolving the second that Bella and Edward decided that they were going to be together and began taking drastic steps towards reality in New Moon, but this, like I said before, was just a step that you could either relate to or not. And that explains such a split. And some of the readers, even if they didn't agree with it, decided to be okay with it as long as Bella and Edward were happy when all was said and done. I've heard so many people say that they were disappointed in the book because it seemed too much like a fan-fic. To which I say, thank you for having an opinion and sharing it but keep in mind that this is the ending from the Stephenie Meyer whom we love and respect for giving us this gift of amazing story-telling. If you don't like the end, or the beginning or middle for that matter, then imagine it the way YOU wish it to be! That is the beauty of literatue-while the written ending will always be the finite ending, you have an imagination that you can let wander and create an alternate ending. And just imagine if you were Stephenie and you saw a comment like that. It wasn't as if she had run out of ideas and was completely clutching at straws and just wrote the first thing that came to mind: she planned this out for Bella and Edward and is extremely happy that they are happy. Wow, I just rambled on and on. But all in all, breaking dawn was amazing. I loved it.
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

edward_loves_lauren
Settled in Forks

Post by edward_loves_lauren »

I LOVED BREAKING DAWN!!!!

Fire and ice, somehow existing together without destroying each other. More proof that I belonged with him.

Bella Cullen, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 5, p.87

The finale, the end, the last book-Breaking Dawn was great! I wish that the series would never end or at least have a couple more bks to see Bella's new life as a vampire. :idea:

:arrow:

I loved all three parts of the book, even the Jacob part (I know its different bc everyone wants to hear Bella's POV but this part gave us a chance to love Jacob), but the first and last parts were beyond amazing.I am so happy that Bella and Edward got their happy ending or beginning because they deserved it and I really would have been bummed if they died or one of them! I feel like Jacob and Renesmee love was meant to be ( but before he imprinted on Nessie, I for sure thought him and Leah were going to be an item!). & I love that Bella and Edward had a baby Renesmee, bc it just made everything perfect! & Bella being like the perfect vampire was like it was meant to be (like with her ability to protect everyone; not kill humans; etc!) :D .
"YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW"-EDWARD CULLEN Image
wuzzie
Settled in Forks

Post by wuzzie »

I'm a big sucker for happy endings and that alone made me like BD. I have to admit there were a few bizaare moments for me but after digesting it all and after reading it again, I fully appreciated it and liked it (not love because Twilight's still my no. 1)

I think I understand where the "hate" is coming from. I just observed that the hostile reactions came from kids. I lent my books to different kinds of people. My officemates who are older than me (i'm 23) didn't have any negative opinions about BD except for the lack of action in the final pages of the book. The younger ones were the ones who weren't able to reconcile with it. It's not YA anymore, but adult fiction. Those who are saying that it turned out to be a messy fanfic. Grow up. SM wrote it the way she wanted it to so good for her. (sorry, had to get that out of my system)

Overall, I liked the book. Book2 was hilarious (I was rooting for Jake & Leah, of course not expecting that Jacob will imprint on Nessie) The never-ending bickering was also extremely funny. I got into Jacob's mind which was refreshing since I loved the epilogue in eclipse. A truce between Edward & Jacob happened but I have a feeling that they would soon start arguing again after 6 years, this time regarding Nessie, since Edward will be the overprotective Dad and Jacob would be the hormone-driven kid. I loved the wedding and the honeymoon and I absolutely loved her transformation. Bella finally became the heroine of her own story.

I would have peed in my pants if a battle scene really happened but I later realized that I didn't want it. I had flashbacks of how I felt after reading HP7 which made me less of a Rowling fan because she killed off a number of my fave characters. I didn't want that to happen to BD so I was happy that all them were unscathed.

I feel that SM wrote BD in a way that it would be a prelude to a number of books in the future. I wish that a book in Nessie's POV would be written cuz I need to see her side of the story. Ijust don't buy that she seems more attached to Jacob than her dad (team Edward all the way!)

I'm sad that it's over. Pls.pls.pls.pls. give me some more to read...heheh... :D :D :D
*FANPIRE*
Settled in Forks

Post by *FANPIRE* »

Despite all my previous thoughts about the way BD would turn out it was awesome. SM came up with something new and unexpected on evey page!

I liked the fact that it had Book 2 in Jacob's perspective (even thought I don't like him) beacuse it would of been very boring for half of the book to be Bella on the couch in pain.

Everything about it was great. I hated Jacob for ages when he imprinted on Renesmee and was also (suprisingly) angry at Seth for stepping in front of Jacob when Bella was going to rip his throat out (Book 5: Bella kills Jacob FTW!!).

To summarise everything IT WAS AWESOME!! :D
porschejacker XD
Wandering Through Town

Post by porschejacker XD »

Hi im kinda new!
At first, when I read about Renesmee, I hated the idea. So that dragged the whole book down for me. But once I got used to it, I actually really liked it. It's the same way I felt about Robert Pattinson playing Edward in the movie I guess. But yeah, now that I've read it a few times, I think I'd even go as far as to say it's my favourite of them all. Except Twilight, cause I dunno if you can beat the first one. :D
Me and my friends keep finding new ways to hurt ourselves so we can check out whether or not our doctor sparkles in the sunlight...
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Did anyone else think that there might have been something going on between Jacob and Leah?
I know nothing happened, but it seemed like there was potential for something. Leah was nicer and it seemed like they were starting to like each other. Then, Jake imprinted on Renesmee so there's the end of that, lol. But it seemed like there was a potential relationship, unless I'm imagining things.
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
porschejacker XD
Wandering Through Town

Post by porschejacker XD »

samajama wrote:Did anyone else think that there might have been something going on between Jacob and Leah?
I know nothing happened, but it seemed like there was potential for something. Leah was nicer and it seemed like they were starting to like each other. Then, Jake imprinted on Renesmee so there's the end of that, lol. But it seemed like there was a potential relationship, unless I'm imagining things.
I thought that to start with. And then I thought that Leah might have been a bit jealous of renesmee? I dunno.
It just seemed like that to me.
Me and my friends keep finding new ways to hurt ourselves so we can check out whether or not our doctor sparkles in the sunlight...
Imagine
Settled in Forks

Post by Imagine »

When I first read it through, I was in a daze about all the unexpected things that had happened and I wasn't sure if they worked for me, but then I waited a few days, read it again, and I really really loved it. After I knew what was going to happen, I was able to focus on the little moments, and I really enjoyed getting to know the characters. And I loved how things worked themselves out! Now I can't wait even more now for MS, but I really have to say that SM outdid herself!! Fantastic!!! :D
Team Edward :D I made my own icon!
Soubiluv98
Wandering Through Town

Post by Soubiluv98 »

I actually pretty happy with BD now. Like i didn't know if i liked it before, but now i'm all for it. I can't stop talking about it!! I can't wait until i get to read it again!! --> Like i'm just starting all over w/ Twilight to the very end. :) So fun! lol

thou shalt not eat of it
thou shalt surely die
rheiders
Settled in Forks

Post by rheiders »

At first I wasn't so sure about Breaking Dawn, but now that all the initial shock has died down, I really like it! Eclipse will always be my favorite, but I like Breaking Dawn a lot. I might have been a bit frustrated if it wasn't the end of the series, but I think it's the perfect ending, and that it's what had to happen. I particularly liked all of Book 2 (because Jake is so hilarious and who doesn't love a little comic relief?), and the confrontation at the end. I was hoping there would be more Volturi in BD, and I got my wish! Nessie annoyed me a bit at first, but she's really grown on me, and I hope to see more of her in the future. There were a few minor things that I didn't like, as with all books, but that's to be expected. In short, I loved it! :D