General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Emmettroselover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Love Triangle-Bella, Edward, Jacob

Post by Emmettroselover »

I agree Tornado. That would have changed up the whole story in so many ways, including the way we know Bella. That is why once Jacob said he did not imprint, I saw no need for him to continue with his obsession of winning Bella. He actually had a supernatural in that did not pan out. When it was clear that he did not imprint, it was very clear to me that they were not meant to be and that was reinforced with how strong Bella and Edward's connection was even through all their obstacles.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Although, in Jacob's defense, there are clearly wolves who have never imprinted, as they thought prior to this pack that imprinting was a rare exception. Even then, as yet, Seth and Leah, Embry, Collin and Brady have not imprinted. I guess there's still time for all of them, though.

So it can be assumed that those wolves who didn't imprint married whoever they fell in love with naturally. This is pretty much what Jacob tells Leah. What's wrong with just falling in love the normal way? So it's not a foregone conclusion that any of them will imprint, and since Jacob was in love with Bella, why not try and save her for him, especially if he thinks she feels the same way but is denying those feelings? There is an argument for him going the way he did, but anyone with a good dose of decency would probably have not gone as far as he did, or at least, gone about it a different way.
Emmettroselover

I think that is a good way to put it, a good dose of decency. Jacob just crossed too many lines for me. I understood what he was trying to do and what he wanted, but the way he went about it left him in a really negative light for me. It really made me question his morals and ethics even though I know ultimately he is a good person. I guess we could blame some of it on his immaturity, but there were parts of his personality that made him behave that way as well.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I'd chalk it up a bit to immaturity too, but Jacob just acted really fatalistic with Bella in a way, too. I do think that part one should focus on Bella and Edward, but Jacob is still part of the story, especially after Bella gets pregnant. I do hope, however, that B&E's romance isn't lost and is still a main element of the first film.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

My hope is that, whatever they may do in the intervening scenes, they will bring the focus back to Bella and Edward once he hears Nessie, and that, even if there is tension prior to that, that scene will see the end of it. I live in hope that we will stay and experience that with them, rather than being taken away by Jacob, but I'm not betting my life that we're going to get that.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

My hope is that they show Jacob storming off in the car and go back to Edward, Bella and the house and focus on what happens there. I'm more interested in what Leah has to to say to Bella then watching Jacob attempt to force another imprint when he realizes that Edward now likes the thing Bella's carrying.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Yes, that's what I want too.
Emmettroselover

I want that as well. I think it would be so nice to have things go back to Edward and Bella even if the focus strays for a while. That was lacking in Eclipse. Edward and Bella seemed more like an afterthought at times but I hope that they can have their moments together without too many issues.
Twisessed1221
Settled in Forks

Post by Twisessed1221 »

There are times when I read the books and find myself on Team Jedward. Ahhh! I love Edward but Jacob is sweet in his own way as well. I think if Bella had chosen Jacob she would have had a happy life but in the big picture would have missed out on many things. In human life, Bella feels so out of place but when she becomes a vampire every piece of the puzzle comes together. I think of Jacob's perspective. If he and Bella married and had kids he would have been happy and thought everything was perfect. But I think down the road as he saw all the pack imprinting and whatnot he would come to question why he could never imprint on Bella. So while Bella would have been happy I think over time Jacob would see that something was...off...it would always be a question in the back of his mind. That would be torment. :heartbroke: Also, even though I believe Bella would be happy she would still feel clumsy and out of place because she would never realize the inner power she has to use her mind as a shield and what a strong vampire she could become. I think it would be sad to live a life without realizing your full potential. Of course, these are just my thoughts. :)
If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time.--Edith Wharton
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I do agree, although I think a long term relationship between Jacob and Bella would have been difficult, not impossible, but difficult to maintain, as they are such different people. Opposites attract relationships are always a lot of work, although the fact that they are both stubborn and loyal means that they would probably have made it work.

However, if Bella had chosen Jake over Edward I do wonder if it would have caused some trouble down the track. Would Jake wonder if she was still thinking of Edward, and if she'd really chosen him over Edward more for the sake of her family than himself? He probably still would have enjoyed his triumph, but unfortunately, wouldn't have learned anything out of it, like that he could be wrong about things, such as his judgement of Edward and the Cullens, which is a lesson he was sorely in need of learning. Fortunately, he does seem to have learned this in BD.