Made fun of for liking Twilight?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Do People think you are crazy when you talk about Twilight?

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

twilight1909 wrote:ughh I hate the whole "Twilight is beneath me" thing. :x How can they know if they don't even give it a chance? I'm kind of a hypocrite though. I've never been into vampires, at all...until Twilight of course. But for years the books caught my eyes, and I'd vacillate between being intrigued and being put off by a vampire love story. Seriously I can't even say how many times I picked up Twilight, stared at it, and put it back. Thank GOD it became such a hit with the news of a movie adaptation, because I had NO IDEA what I was missing! I'm actually glad I waited to read it since all 4 books were already published -- I enjoyed one week of solid, nonstop Twilight goodness. I wish everyone would just get over their preconceived ideas and read them.

I think it's funny when non-Twilighters get annoyed by our obsessiveness. They just don't understand. "Twilight mode" never really goes away, we just learn to suppress it. :)
Like the term "Twilight mode" I try really hard to stop constantly talking about Twilight but the smallest things keeps reminding me and i just go on and on. Its really hard for me to suppress it, I'm addicted and obsessed to twilight! I know others who like Twilight but are not as obsessed as me. I am currently re-reading the whole series and noting down all my favourite quotes and stuff, its fun. And that sounds sad lol! I will soon become the Twilight Guru, I will know everything Twilight related!! :lol:

I don't know why but every time Twilight is mentioned, it is always said to be only for teens and stuff i think that's the main reason some people don't want to read it but secretly want too. So if we keep talking about it maybe they'll all give in and READ twilight (not just watch the movie and think they know about it!!)
Tinkerbell 31
Wandering Through Town

Post by Tinkerbell 31 »

oh yeah my boyfriend things iam a little bit obesessed but oh well iam into it so he'll have to deal with it
twilighter_alice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilighter_alice »

Too true!
When I walk into the cafeteria, my freinds roll their eyes and settle into their "Smile and nod" charade.
harmony_624
Wandering Through Town

Post by harmony_624 »

Ok, I got one of my guy friends to read the books and he was carrying Twilight around and when he wasn't looking I stole it and was reading it. He saw that I had it and totally freaked, it was SO funny, THEN he ripped a page and I screamed at him and everyone looked and started laughed at me because of it...now they make fun of me.

my friend was reading her sister's copy of BD and some older guy on my bus came and ripped like...40 pages and I screamed at him and slapped him, it wasn't even my book...he hasn't come near me since.
One word says it all: Twilight

Team Edward - because who really needs a headboard?! ♥

Me without Twilight is like Bella without Edward, and we all know how that played out!

Image<-- Egg(s) are clickable (please click!!)
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

He ripped out 40 pages?! :o High five for slapping him! I can't believe a kid would damage someone's property like that...especially a Twilight book.

You do NOT mess with fanpires. We'll bite! :lol:
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
Babygirl67
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Babygirl67 »

oh yes some of my friends and my boyfriend think iam insane when i talk about it they think iam talking nonsense...
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

Yes, most people think I'm insane for talking about twilight. I actually try to restrain myself, so I could talk a lot more...

Luckily I have a group of twilight lovers on my bus, including my best friend who I got to read twilight. He was reluctant at first, but after I started reading it out loud he gave up and read it. :D
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

I had people looking me funny when I mention it, like I’m talking in an alien dialect. I don’t know a single soul in my area that likes the books, or even heard of them!!!! It’s so lonely, annoying and maddening… My friends don’t even try to talk about the books cos the story has vampires and werewolves in it. They are so narrow-minded!
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
Sterling Snow
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: chillen with Jasper, Draco, and the people in mah head

Post by Sterling Snow »

You should see what it's like on my schoolbus ride home. Most of us are girls who have read Twilight, so the ride home is often a Twilight party (complete with the occasional squeal, usually from me :D )
Yes, I love Harry Potter. Yes, I am in Slytherin. Will that be a problem?
Team Taylor and Team Robert
I'm baaaack! (and fangirlier than ever!!!)
If you know how to make banners/avatars, please pm me, cuz I'm in desperate need of one!
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

Sterling Snow wrote:You should see what it's like on my schoolbus ride home. Most of us are girls who have read Twilight, so the ride home is often a Twilight party (complete with the occasional squeal, usually from me :D )
I wish i had something like that, i only talk about twilight when someone mentions it, first i'm like don't get me started, then i go on and on!! If I didn't wait for someone to start a convo about twilight before i spoke i would be constantly chatting about twilight and later everyone will just stay away from me lol!!