Made fun of for liking Twilight?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Do People think you are crazy when you talk about Twilight?

Post by funkidiva »

I hope she doesnt use a highlighter pen in your NM book Hyvanna!

Like you said it took me less than 2 1/2 months to read the whole saga haha.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
Jrm2492
Wandering Through Town

Post by Jrm2492 »

haha my friends think I'm insane
although I did try to explain twilight to my friend once and it was the funniest thing ever she kept getting it confused with harry potter :lol:

and of course my parents just roll their eyes anytime i metion anything remotely twilight :lol:
I'm Jenna
ImageImage
Banner and Avi by me
"When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
ColeKB
Settled in Forks

Post by ColeKB »

All I ever want to do is talk about it! I read all four books in six days and those six days changed my whole thought process! I don't care what the conversation is already about, I can bring it back to Twilight! Everyone just ignores me now, even my mom! lol I wish there were more people I knew who had the same deeply emotional obsession I have!! :D
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

I can talk about Twilight for ages, much to my boyfriends annoyance. My sister was the huge fan and got me into Twilight and now im a bigger fan then her haha. I think even she gets fed up with me talking about it :lol:
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Most people who know me, allready know that I'm nuts....
I showed them that when I had my huge Harry Potter obsession... still have it a little....
but about twilight I don't talk a lot...
my boyfriend doesn't want to hear it, he knows I have a wirefault in my brain :lol:
my mother has started to read twilight just to get me of her back.. :shock:
the only other two twilight fans I know haven't finished BD yet so a can't tell the to much with out some major spoiler..

so I have to be content with online forums...which I think is a really good place to be nuts
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Now people seem to think that if you like Twilight then you're this crazy teeny-bopper and it especially seems that way when you are a teenager. Ugh. I loved Twilight before it was popular, and I didn't care if people thought I was crazy then, but now they just think I'm this mindless hormone-crazed girl who's only in it for the actors.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
qrwolf
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by qrwolf »

When "Twilight" came out in theaters, I briefly thought that I might want to see it. I had no idea there were books, or that the movie was based off of those books. The more previews to the movie I saw, the less interested I was. I thought then what most people initially think even now, that it was another cheesy teenage vampire movie.

WOW was I ever wrong. :o :shock:

When "Twilight" came out on DVD, my sister insisted that I see it. Five minutes into the movie I was hooked. I borrowed the 1st book from her and read it over the next two days (and nights).

Then I borrowed New Moon and read it in two days. The next day I bought all four books and immediately read the last two. Then I reread all four again and again and again. I bought my own copy of "Twilight" and watched it about a hundred times while I was reading the books. The entire time my friends, family and co-workers all thought I was insane for taking this obsession so far. Especially when I reread New Moon again and started on it again.

Then I kicked it up a notch and found the "Cullen" contacts online and paid an obscene (for me) amount of money just to have them and to wear them to the local midnight premier. I don't even wear contacts. :lol: I bought the tickets the morning after the night they went on sale.

Now everyone, including the girls in my sister's office who are ALL as obsessed as I am, and the one lady in my office who is reading the books think I'm truly bonkers. ;) I mean here I am, a practically 40-year old, happily married, mostly normal woman who is so obsessed with this amazingly wonderful story of a teenage vampire in love with a teenage mortal that I refused to watch TV or involve my mind with anything but this story for months. People assumed something was wrong with me.

I realize it was just because even though I'm happy in my life, this story was so incredible. I couldn't believe how easily it drew me in, and it kept me there...keeps me there. :D ;)
Image "...You're not asleep, and you're not dead. I'm here, and I love you. I have always loved you, and I will always love you."~ Edward Cullen
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Post by wildroses »

debussygirl wrote:Now people seem to think that if you like Twilight then you're this crazy teeny-bopper and it especially seems that way when you are a teenager. Ugh. I loved Twilight before it was popular, and I didn't care if people thought I was crazy then, but now they just think I'm this mindless hormone-crazed girl who's only in it for the actors.
did you read my mind?

mostly when people find out how much i love twilight they give me that look that says "oh god, not another one."
it's really annoying. they can bite me. 8-)
randomness bum<3
theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

grwolf, I know how you feel! I'm older than you, and my husband is even older than me. And he's way more vocal than I am when it comes to "introducing" people to the Twilight universe. He has no hesitation whatsoever in bringing up Twilight in any conversation with anybody! At least I try to keep my obsessive addiction confined to home and my mp3 player, but hubby wants everyone to know what an incredible imaginative love story Twilight is. I'm extremely greatful that he and I have this much together, although I visit Rob's Halfway House alone, if you get my drift...
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!
nezziecarlycullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by nezziecarlycullen »

well my dad and my brother dont like it much. they make fun of it ALOT. Yet my mom and i are starting to get to them....

last year twilight was the main thing talked about at school. Even the people who hated it were asking each other edward or jacob. :lol: Wierd huh. :D

well now it just fell flat i guess. but i have a fieling that will change as new moon comes out.
alices party planing comittie
~EDC~
team renesmee