General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Made fun of for liking Twilight?

Post by pennybug84 »

Heart Stiller wrote: As long as you don't act in an *ahem* fangirl manner all the time, there's no reason for them to make fun of you.
It's those type of fans that give the rest of us a bad name! I'm not obsessed w/Twilight because of Taylors abs!! There's definitely more to the story that I love. (My love for the books & the characters are the strongest & what made my obsession come about.)

BlueStarEgo - is your brother a closet Twilighter?? :lol:
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
wolfee
Settled in Forks

Post by wolfee »

without a doubt get made fun of, my bf, basically husband is also an avid Vamp fan, but he calls himself a purist, makes fun of me constantly about liking twilight. but that's ok, he does it in a fun way and not to be mean
saw93
Wandering Through Town

Post by saw93 »

Yes im made fun of thats y i found this website so that i can talk to yall about my obsession and stop annoying my family and friends. :) thank you guys haha. You know it's bad when people who like the books and read the whole seriese say you are getting carried away. I tried to hide my obssesion at first but now i've learned to live with it haha. :D
You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours." ~ Edward Cullen Eclipse
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

dude you shouldnt hide it if its something you like be proud :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

yeah my husband makes fun of me for being on here but then I remind him that if I wasn't he would be the one I talked to about everything lol. It doesn't really bother me anymore though lol...I'm used to being made fun of for my "obsessions".
madness_falls
Wandering Through Town

Post by madness_falls »

I'm always made fun of for liking Twilight. My best friend teases me (although entirely affectionately) about it. But I've had the experience of people not liking me anymore, or completely disregarding everything I say because I like Twilight. I've had the unfortunate experience of having harsh comments directed at me... to the point where I'm an invalid, and nothing I ever say could be of any importance/intelligence/worth because I like twilight. Because of that, for the most part I don't talk about it unless it's brought up in a positive manner because it's just not worth effort defending Twilight to those people. I end up not taking part in a LOT of Twilight discussions because I know people are going to say rude things about it/me.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

ALL THE TIME! I can't stand that! People in school mock me constantly! My friends (but one that is a huge Twilight fan too) tease me all the time... and it pisses me off because I don't mock them! And in school almost everyone hated it before the movie came out... now the girls are fake twilight fans because everyone loves this saga now...and it drives me carzy because none of them read the books... or one of them....And all of the boys hate it so it's not easy to find a boyfriend :lol: :D
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

bored by the sea wrote:dude you shouldnt hide it if its something you like be proud :lol:
Agreed!!! Although I try to be subtle about it. If my acquaintance doesn't like Twilight I don't talk about Twilight at all but if he/she is an addict I won't shut up talking about Twilight.
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

yeah im all about being subtle if they arent into it but if theyre a total addict then i will full on spazz along with them :lol: or if someones being inquisitive about it i'll share my thoughts and attempt to make it sound mildly intellectual about it :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

me too.. If my freind likes it.. the only thing I'm talking to him/her is Twilight... no subtleness there :lol:
But if they hate it or don't understand anything about Twilight but "Edward and Bella are a couple and Edward is a vamp" I try to not talk about it at all... kinda hard.. but I guess you know what I mean
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha