Made fun of for liking Twilight?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Do People think you are crazy when you talk about Twilight?

Post by Pel »

I have a friend you keeps rolling her eyes at me when every time I bring up the book, even if it isn't in a conversation with her. She keeps making fun of me and my other friend when we talk about it. Today she said she read 20 pages of it, and is trying not to like it, so I have no idea what is going on with her. It's really starting to bug me, because now she does it even if I'm not talking about it. I was wondering if anyone else was having kind of the same issues....
pixiealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Do People think you are crazy when you talk about Twilight?

Post by pixiealice »

I know for a fact people think I am crazy when I talk about Twilight. The great thing though, is that half the women in my neighborhood have read them, so when we get together, I am not alone in my craziness. No bonfire at our house is complete with Twilight entering the conversation somehow. The funny thing is now our husbands don't moan or move their seats when we start gabbing, some of them are actually asking questions. I have a window decal on my car that says "Real vampires sparkle" One of the men asked why do they sparkle. One would think I could answer calmly. Nope. I am a very excitable talker. My body moves, my hands flail and my voice rises (a lot). Needless to say, I explained why they sparkle, he understood why they sparkle...was actually interested that they sparkled, but I do not think he will EVER ask another Twilight question again after I was done with him. I have been very persuasive on some reluctant readers to get them into Twilight. I may have bribed my 22 year old stepdaughter to read them...I offered to read the books out loud to my husband and 17 year old stepdaughter. And, I truly believe the characters exist. Lord, help me!!
Almost Bella
Settled in Forks

Post by Almost Bella »

Me and my best friend love twilight, we carry our copies around school all the time. And now our whole class knows not to talk to us about our favorite books because we end up in a long talk about what book of Stephanie's is our favorite and how it's better then that one or this one. Even our other friends that have read twilight can't stand us talking about it becuse we do it to offen!! :lol:
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

TELL ME ABOUT IT! gosh...im pretty much one out of like 25 people in miami who LOVE twilight and are as obsessed as i am! Sad thing is, i only know one other person who loves the books as much as i do. Sure, i know a couple people here and there who like the books too- much they're so obsessed with Edward that they have no interest in any other aspects of the story...which is...annoying considering Edward isn't the only character haha. Don't get me wrong, i ADORE Edward- but there's more to the story you know? Anywho, yes....yes people think i'm crazy when i talk about twilight- but i don't care- and i'm pretty good about limiting my twilight conversations & pouring 'em out here on the Lexicon haha.
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
vm1221
Settled in Forks

Post by vm1221 »

HAhaha.. miami? then try brazil!! i try to explain it to people when they ask me what i'm so excited about and all i manage to get out is "its about a girl *siiiigghh* who falls in love with a vampire-" beforing the teasing comes in! i dont know how to succinctly explain it any other way!!! its rly starting to bother me. it doesnt help that my boyfriend is a bigger loser than i am and thinks that he has to hate all things twilight because hes a harry potter fan.
Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?
PiXiE_Shopaholic1025
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 »

Um, my parents give me strange looks when I start saying something that's Twilight-related. Like, for instance, the date changed for the movie. I was so excited and then my mom's like, "Is that all you think about? Twilight?" I'm like, "Uh, nooo.. but it just so happens to be in the e-mail I just received!"

Then I'll see a silver Volvo, and chuckle to myself... they already know when I've got Twilight on the brain. My boyfriend kind of makes a face and sighs whenever I mention Twilight. He refuses to read it because he doesn't want to get sucked in to the fandom like I did... He's a tough one though. No matter how many times I talk to him about it and how it's appealing to even guys. He won't budge. Oh well, we all can't be Twilighters.
|| "And I'm a Virgo!" || "This hostage stuff is fun." || ~Forever Switzerland~ ||
GoldEyesSilentHeart
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by GoldEyesSilentHeart »

Lol, people already thought I was crazy before Twilight, but this definitly supports their theories. haha! There aren't but like 4 people in my school that have actually read the book, and we have like our own little cliche. Haha!!!! The other day we had to write an 'I am' poem, and mine of course was twilight related. The teacher made me read it out loud to the class, and no one understood what the poem meant. Like there was one part where you had to put what you feel, but it had to be imaginary. So I put 'I feel cold, hard skin.' Haha!!!! Then I had to sit up in the front of the class and practically explain half the book to them so that they would understand!!!!! :lol: :lol:
I'll be your star if you'll be my sky.
I'll be your Bella if you'll be my Edward.
I'll be your forever if you'll be my everything.
&&Heartsss
vm1221
Settled in Forks

Post by vm1221 »

wow!! in front of the whole class... kudos.. that takes guts
Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?
eizel
Learning to Love Green

Post by eizel »

i dont talk about twilight unless the one im talking to mention it first, or read the book...
but once i started talking, brace yourself.. LOL j/k
ImageImage
Credit to http://kawaii-inc.org/ for my sad cute avatar.
im just sad Stephenie Meyer put Midnight sun on hold indefinitely
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

My friends think I'm insane anyways... so the fact that I talk about Twilight all the time just adds the the cause. ha.

But sometimes I will quote the book and I will just laugh quietly cause it will be like a smaller, less-popular quote and none of my friends will get it. I do that all the time.

I normally don't have anything better to talk about cause it's still the summer for me and nothing exciting happens. So I just go on and on about Twilight. Literally. I can talk for days about the Twilight saga. No joke. :lol: