General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Cullenfan
Settled in Forks

Re: Made fun of for liking Twilight?

Post by Cullenfan »

Yip, happens all the time - part of the reason I'm here so not all bad!!

I think it's partly my fauly though, because, the feelings I have for these characters are real
I know it's fictional, but I feel sad/happy/angrey, even bloody in love at parts!!! And I want to go on about it to everyone, analys ever chapter, theory, possibility!!!

My friends read it, and we all go to the midnight showing when the new films come out, but I dont think they quite share my passion. My bf actually text me the other night that 'she knows I'm a twilight geek but she loves me all the same' which I thought was quite sweet :lol:

Like you Pel, I have a work mate who refuses to like it which I think is weird.
If I so much as mention anything (think the last thing was a trailer release for Eclipse) she goes crazy, rolling eyes, moaning. She refuses to read the books as she 'has a life' (offended much!) but hey it makes me happy what do I care.

Plus I have you guys here to analys all things Twi related now!!
I run with the vampires!!!
I'm no Alice - your just predictable
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Cullenfan wrote:My bf actually text me the other night that 'she knows I'm a twilight geek but she loves me all the same' which I thought was quite sweet
You are very lucky that you have a bf who supports you with your addiction, mine just refuses to understand what is so great about twilight (or my HP obsession)....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Cullenfan
Settled in Forks

Post by Cullenfan »

marielle wrote:
Cullenfan wrote:My bf actually text me the other night that 'she knows I'm a twilight geek but she loves me all the same' which I thought was quite sweet
You are very lucky that you have a bf who supports you with your addiction, mine just refuses to understand what is so great about twilight (or my HP obsession)....
she's a massive HP fan so I think she understands, I read all the HP books and go to the flms with her - she does the same for me so it's a good trade off I think!!
It's easier when someone understands you, not so nice when people make you feel like your crazy!

If it helps.....I TOTALLY understand your Twilight obsession (and your HP one too!!) :D x
I run with the vampires!!!
I'm no Alice - your just predictable
twimom77
Settled in Forks

Post by twimom77 »

My family gives me a bit of a hard time. Not too bad, though. They are all males so I really don't have a close female to share them with. My sister and I talk Twilight on FB all the time, but no one local.
sophie-loucullen
Settled in Forks

Post by sophie-loucullen »

I am actually happy to say that I get TORTURED because of my love for this, but you know, everyone has their obsessions- mine just happens to be with a fictional world that has a tendency to come alive in my head :D
It's my boy-friends that give me most of the comments, but they'll never understand it anyway, plus maybe a bit jealous because I now prefer spending time in the 'Twilight-zone' rather than out with them :)
'I want to be a monster,too'
Fade1000
Settled in Forks

Post by Fade1000 »

My wife teases me all of the time for my love of Twilight. :)
pyrosis
Learning to Love Green

Post by pyrosis »

Sure people make fun of me for liking twilight. But so do I. And that's the secret. If you take yourself too serious than they find a weak point and might keep joking, till it really hurts and you freak out. But if you laugh with them they can't hurt you.
The other day I found a poster of Rob on my door, with painted fangs and a "letter from Edward". Saying that he came over to see me and that he was sorry he missed me :mrgreen: They tried to tease me, but I just played along and said, they should give him my phone number next time he stoppes by and that I'm sure I'll meet him next time I'm on my own in the forrest, because that is how we usually meet.
Some people try to tell me that's all rubbish and a waste of time. That's okay, they don't have to like it and at least I have the time to waste it and it's my choice what I want to waste it with...
Last edited by pyrosis on Mon May 09, 2011 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
You know, Edward, as a brother you are sometimes a dissappointment

Oh, never mind! my less noble side exulted

Then the jokes about the world's only clumsy vampire would start

'Bout time someone scored around here
ChunJae
Settled in Forks

Post by ChunJae »

People never want to admit they like something when it isn't popular, or the opposite is when something is so popular people love to bash it because they want to seem cool. Hipsters are the worst for this. When I talk to people about the books and movies, they mock me. I am not a teenaged girl, so that is all they think it is for. They don't understand, but I don't care.

Anonymous internet postings drive me crazy!
Kjminame
Settled in Forks

Post by Kjminame »

A lot of my family and friends think I'm crazy for my love for Twilight. A lot of different things remind me of the saga and I can't help but to bring them up. If I see a large, desolate forest as I'm driving, I think of the Cullens or the wolves running through it. I am from Minnesota, and if I see something on the news about the town of Grand Forks, I think only of Forks, Washington. My family loves apples, so if there is a red apple sitting on my countertop, I'll pick it up and go "Mom!" She'll look, and I'll hold it between my hands just like the bookcover. :lol: The thing is guys, I don't really care if my family or friends think I'm insane, because Twilight just gives me peace and hope for the future. I love to go for walks, and behind my old middle school is a huge forest with its own trail. I walked back there last year with my sister and best friend, and I could feel the overwhelming sensation of calmness and serenity that consumed me. It reminded me of Twilight. My best friend understands this, she's like me when it comes to Twilight. She's overwhelmed and reminded by things just as I am. We're going to the Twilight Convention in Chicago next year, and when I told my other good friend about it, she just laughed and rolled her eyes. That's okay, we love it and that's all that matters. And the next time I see a silver volvo driving down the highway, she'll be thinking "cool car". I'll be thinking Twilight.
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

Kjminame, when you go to the convention in Chicago, you will be AMAZED that you are not alone! I think that's the best thing conventions have done for the fandom. It allows us all to be as crazy about Twilight as we want to be and no one judges or tells us we are strange for liking Twilight. You will just be one more fan in a sea of fans.

And here is what I will never get about being made fun of for liking a pop culture phenomenon... if a large number of people didn't like it, it wouldn't be a pop culture phenomenon! So be proud of liking the things your friends don't like! If we were all the same, we'd end up in a world like the one in "Matched" and that was just boring!