General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Made fun of for liking Twilight?

Post by Tornado »

I'm lucky in that my hubby is really supportive of me liking Twilight. When I came home in a rage because I was so disappointed in Eclipse, I got really depressed, but he didn't get upset or roll his eyes and tell me to get over it. He just said, "Never mind, honey. You just feel the same way I would if Australia did really badly in the cricket. Just think of this movie as The Phantom Menace of the Twilight series." It made me feel a lot better! And he goes to see the movies with me :D
mainhoonemily
Wandering Through Town

Post by mainhoonemily »

No one has ever made fun of me to my face - well, my brother, but it's good-natured and doesn't really count - but I always feel a bit attacked when I come across people online saying rude things about Twilight or especially about Stephenie. It's like they forget she's a person, with feelings, and start saying she should shoot herself for writing (what they think of as) bad books. Whenever I come across that sort of thing I wish there was some way to start a "proud Twilight fan" or "I support Stephenie Meyer" campaign to let Stephenie know how many of us love her and her books!
Twisessed1221
Settled in Forks

Post by Twisessed1221 »

Yes! I mean they aren't just nasty to my face about it but I can tell that they think I have bought a one way ticket to crazytown. I used to think that everyone that claimed they liked Twilight liked it as much as I did--not so. I have since learned to keep my obsession hidden lol! Only my sister knows the extent of my love for Twilight. My husband is aware of my obsession but just ignores it. I once heard a quote that said "Everyone wants to marry Edward or Jacob but in reality we all end up marrying Charlie" HAHA So TRUE!! :lol: I'm hanging on to the last of my 20s so I think my friends may think it is a little shallow to be a Twilight fan. It isn't like the only thing I read is Twilight. I love Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Edgar Allan Poe etc...the list is quite long....so it is weird that people judge me but whatever. It brings me happiness to get lost in the Twilight world! :D
If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time.--Edith Wharton
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Bah humbug to your friends! I'm 40 and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon! :D
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Twisessed1221 wrote:Yes! I mean they aren't just nasty to my face about it but I can tell that they think I have bought a one way ticket to crazytown. I used to think that everyone that claimed they liked Twilight liked it as much as I did--not so. I have since learned to keep my obsession hidden lol! Only my sister knows the extent of my love for Twilight. My husband is aware of my obsession but just ignores it. I once heard a quote that said "Everyone wants to marry Edward or Jacob but in reality we all end up marrying Charlie" HAHA So TRUE!! :lol: I'm hanging on to the last of my 20s so I think my friends may think it is a little shallow to be a Twilight fan. It isn't like the only thing I read is Twilight. I love Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Edgar Allan Poe etc...the list is quite long....so it is weird that people judge me but whatever. It brings me happiness to get lost in the Twilight world! :D
Well, I'm a 25 year old straight guy, and it doesn't bother me that I like Twilight, though I found it be being a Kristen Stewart fan--probably rare, but whatever, I'm glad I found it :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/