General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Made fun of for liking Twilight?

Post by pennybug84 »

vampirenerd - your husband must really love you. :lol: that was cool of him to go with you. And I know what you mean about going to see the movie w/different people each time. I saw NM 3 times too and it was w/different people. (The same with Twilight.) Makes me feel not so bad about it. ;)

I guess that makes sense about the way HP was marketed & the haters. I have read HP and enjoy them very much. I'm just not as obsessed about them as I am Twilight. Maybe it's because I'm too nice & wouldn't bash on something that I really hate it when other people do. And yes it's kind of annoying that there are those out there who probably have only seen the movies for the hot guys in it & make the rest of us kind of look bad. (Like you said that's not the only thing to love about the story, especially the books. It's a great love story and has some awesome characters.)

rollie715 it's good to know that you can still be passionate about someting later in life! And it's so cool you've experienced this with your wife. I bet that makes it that much better. :D

I've gone through phases w/loving movies (watching them too many times to count.) But this is the first book series (and now movies) that I've really been this bad about. And when I think about if the time ever comes where my passion for Twilight dies down, it kind of makes me sad! I've decided I can blame my sister-in-law for this passion I have. :lol: I had never heard of Twilight until she told me about it just over 2 years ago.

I feel like I wanted to say something else but I can't remember. Oh well.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
selle
Settled in Forks

Post by selle »

My brothers make fun of me and, as they said "Your tiny little chicken vampires". They say that I'm 21 and I'm supposed to have "real life" and not to read books for children. They are so so so sooooooo annoyiiiingggg. And they completely drive me crazy with all those "Edward-is-gay-vampire" stuff... :x like everything is in blood and war :x :x :x :x :x
*Sometimes I wondered if I was seeing the same things through my eyes that the rest of the world was seeing through theirs.*
TwingHard

Post by TwingHard »

Have I ever been made fun of for liking Twilight? Hmmmm.... not in the pass 10 min. What can I say I'm addicted. I try to take in as much of it as I can. And this somtimes takes a bit of my time. So yes my friends and family tease me from time to time. But they did that anyway so. But I am proud to say that I have been dealing Twilight out like the best drug out there and have gotten a couple of the naysayers hooked as well. So when I went to get my copy of New Moon on dvd on the 20th I didn't have to go by myself.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Luckily no!!! Most of my friends love Twilight, either the book or the movies. Even my brother's doesn't tease me about it, they know the rule: never touch my Twilight Saga Books or hell will come to them. I literally impose that rule on them :twisted:

Anyway not that I would care what other people would say...although i get uncomfortable sometimes when I'm wearing my team Edward shirt and some people stares...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
TwilighterPB
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilighterPB »

Well I have an older sister who just loves vampires and stuff about them but she dose not like the Twilight Saga like I do.
I mean she just really dislikes it she prefers other "Vampires" than twilight. Not sure why she dislikes it strongly but she just dose. She makes fun of it sometimes when I'm around or talking about it and makes me feel sad becuase I thought it would bring us closer together than far apart. D= So I'm the only fan of the Twilight Saga in my family.

I have only one friend irl at the moment and not sure if she likes Twilight either becuase I don't see her a lot of the time cause she lives in another state now and I never got to ask her if she likes it or not. So I' am a "Lone" wolf type person sort of speak who likes the Twilight Saga. =o
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

made fun of for liking Twilight? yeah all the time, mainly by my family+most of my friends as only 2of my mates that i see all the time are as obsessed as i am, even though via fan events and premieres ive been to here in the u.k. i have met some cool like-minded people. anyway to get back to my point the people doing the mocking are those that have not read the books or even made an attempt to and are basing their mickey taking on what they have seen of the films and the ridiculous world stereotype of Twilight and our fandom, in short they don't really have a clue or understand it and thats their loss at the end of the day if people are making fun of us its because they are jealous :lol: im in my twenties and i think the mickey taking kind of stems from the stereotype that this is just for teens?!?! and obviously it isnt 8-) anyways just thought id sort of vent :lol:
***proud to be a twilight fan!!** :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

bored by the sea wrote:anyway to get back to my point the people doing the mocking are those that have not read the books or even made an attempt to and are basing their mickey taking on what they have seen of the films and the ridiculous world stereotype of Twilight and our fandom, in short they don't really have a clue or understand it and thats their loss at the end of the day if people are making fun of us its because they are jealous :lol: im in my twenties and i think the mickey taking kind of stems from the stereotype that this is just for teens?!?! and obviously it isnt 8-) anyways just thought id sort of vent :lol:
***proud to be a twilight fan!!** :lol:
Very well said!!! That's also my point...its going to be their loss not ours. I'm also in my twenties and before Twilight I've read a couple of young adult fictions and I love every single one of it. It helps me remember the child in me, to leave the world behind and be one of the characters I am reading. Reading does not have be limited to what our age are...as long as you enjoy what you read don't let anybody stop you.

Cheers!! :)
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

dazzel21 wrote: Reading does not have be limited to what our age are...as long as you enjoy what you read don't let anybody stop you.

Cheers!! :)

That is so true!!

Plus I say (like I did w/HP) if it gets you to read & enjoy reading the that's even better!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
balfangclaude
Settled in Forks

Post by balfangclaude »

TwilighterPB wrote:Well I have an older sister who just loves vampires and stuff about them but she dose not like the Twilight Saga like I do.
I mean she just really dislikes it she prefers other "Vampires" than twilight. Not sure why she dislikes it strongly but she just does. She makes fun of it sometimes when I'm around or talking about it and makes me feel sad becuase I thought it would bring us closer together than far apart. D= So I'm the only fan of the Twilight Saga in my family.

i was like those who made fun of it. i used to go on about how the original vampires are better than twilight vampires. when i started reading twilight i started liking it. i like the twilight vampires but i still love the originals like dracula. the sparkly thing in twilight i would never get because it seems really gay.
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

this life unforgiven, it will end with birth-nightwish
YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!-Illidan Stormrage
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

dazzled21+pennybug glad to see wer all on the same page :D plus you know at least we can come on here and connect with people as obsessed as us and who actually get it :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**