What would you ask Stephenie Meyer if you could?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: What would you ask Stephenie Meyer if you could?

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I've been thinking and there are some more things I'd like to know.

1. Is there anything she'd like to go back and change in terms of the story? ie Pitching the books and having Bella and Edward end up together (don't ask cuz it'll have me going off about Jacob) or even keeping Jacob's role at the friend level and giving him his own books or leaving Jacob's HEA in the air to draw in those that like his character (hate that he imprinted on Renesmee is all I'm saying on that subject) or dropping baby hints when she had Bella researching vampires in Twilight (IMO, that would have been a good place to put in male vampires possible fathering babies, then that way she could say that it's mentioned in canon that Edward could possibly impregnate Bella and wouldn't have had people all upset because she said vampires can't have babies. [Yeah, I went there]).

2. I know she has talked about writing books about Jacob/Renesmee, but has she ever considered writing about some of her other characters, specifically her non-Cullen vampires? Sequels or prequels I don't care, unless it, of course is a prequel with Carlisle and possibly his time with the Volturi :).

3. I do want to ask if she's considered laying off on the Jacob praise, but I don't know if it blurs the no spoiler line. So I'll leave it like this.

PetiteSageHibou
Settled in Forks

Post by PetiteSageHibou »

On her website, in the same place that she mentions possibly writing something about Bree (which she has done), she also said that she would consider releasing the alternate ending she had planned for when the series was supposed to be 3 books. I'd love to ask if/when she's planning to release it! :D ♥
ImageImageImage
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

So, I was just over at Twilighted and in one of the threads discussing the books I brought up that in NM the Cullen's put out the story that Carlisle got a job in California as the reason they were leaving. In response to that, another one of the users there, klynn, brought up Charlie being upset with Edward for Carlisle taking a job in a different state. So, why did Charlie get upset and blame Edward for Carlisle taking a job in a different State?
BellaMia
Settled in Forks

Post by BellaMia »

It's an odd topic I'm interested in. But I would want to know more about vampire teeth. They are supposed to be razor sharp and coated with venom. They are said not to be fangs but in Midnight Sun, Stephenie describes Edward as having ROWS of gleaming, razor sharp teeth. How many rows are we talking about here? Are they just on the sides so we don't see them unless they smile widely? Or are they in the front too? I couldn't see the purpose of them being just in the back because they aren't chewing anything. It would make more sense to be just in the front in order to tear flesh and allow drinking. I know people aren't supposed to pay attention to the Cullens and actually try to avoid them, but wouldn't someone notice their teeth being a bit off when they open their mouths to speak? Especially with Carlisle being around medical personnel all the time?
BellaMia
Settled in Forks

Post by BellaMia »

I also had a question about Stephenie's recap "brief summation of the story thus far, if you’re Jacob Black" and her NM extra "Rosalie". The phone call Jacob answered when he spoke to 'Carlisle' about Charlie being 'at the funeral'. Carlisle's voice was described as the 'clear, ringing tone of the voice with the soft English accent'. It is also mentioned that Edward is 'perfectly imitating' his father's voice. In Twilight when we are meeting Dr. Cullen for the first time, Bella describes Carlisle. He was young, blond and more handsome than any movie star she had ever seen. Bella had also mentioned that he had a remarkably appealing voice. Bella is supposed to be very observant. Why was there no mention of an accent? Wouldn't she have noticed an accent and mentioned it when describing his voice? This accent was never mentioned in any of the books until the Illustrated Guide. Was it an afterthought?
Last edited by BellaMia on Tue May 24, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fade1000
Settled in Forks

Post by Fade1000 »

I think I'm most anxious to find out when and how she's going to tie up some of the loose threads she's left in the series.

I'm particularly curious about Bree's friend Fred. When Edward was reading her mind, just before she was killed, did he get the information about the meeting place and time, and did he go talk to Fred?

Seems like an interesting place to take the series, and I'd love to see Fred's ability there for the fight when the Cullens and the Volturi finally go head to head.

I guess that's the other piece I'd be interested to know more about, is she ever going to show the fight that got sidestepped in Breaking Dawn.

--
Author: Absence and other stories http://www.deansonlinefiction.com
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

So I've been reading parts of Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, part of me wonders what would've happened had Jacob imprinted on Bella. Would he have let her go like the imprint rules say because that was what she wanted, and the imprinter has to do what ever the imprintee wants or would he have hurt Edward to have Bella to himself?

Why were the Cullen's so relaxed at Bella's birthday party given that Bella is accident prone, Jasper has difficulties with the diet, the fact that Bella's blood is rather potent to Edward, lesser to Jasper and even less to the family except Carlisle, and Edward's tendencies to overreact.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

A lot of my questions were answered by the guide, but I do have a few more, some as a direct result of reading the guide!

For a start, how did Edward go about hunting down Charles Evenson? Was he in another abusive relationship when he found him? Did Esme ever find out what he had done?

What were the circumstances when Esme killed people, and how many did she kill? I imagine she would have found that exceptionally difficult to deal with, considering how loving she is.

Would Victoria have used her newborns to get passed the wolves to Bella if Edward hadn't come back? (assuming he had still tried to hunt her, that is).

Bree Tanner doesn't have a special ability? She seemed to be able to "feel" things when I was reading the story, but maybe it just wasn't a talent.

Would Edward be able to hear Fred's mind if Fred didn't want him to? Could Jasper effect his mood and Alice see his future? I'm guessing that Bella would still be able to see him, no matter what.

I'll try and think of some more.
mainhoonemily
Wandering Through Town

Post by mainhoonemily »

I've always wondered why Alice couldn't see that Bella was about to cut herself (in New Moon, at her party), as Edward handed her the package. I know it wasn't a conscious decision on Bella's part ("Oooh, I think I'll give myself a paper cut in front of the vampires and see what happens!"), but surely when Edward handed Bella the gift it set that chain of events in motion and Alice would have seen what was about to take place? Maybe it just happened too fast for either of them to have reacted, though.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I'd say since it was probably something that happened only as she decided to open the parcel a certain way, there probably wasn't any time for Alice to see it before it actually happened.