What would you ask Stephenie Meyer if you could?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: What would you ask Stephenie Meyer if you could?

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Tornado has a point. I mean, look at what Jacob did in the first book when Bella pretended to be interested in him.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Well, yes...but one could argue that had he known the truth, he never would have told her. He thought it was all just stories, not to be taken seriously. It wasn't until he joined the pack that he really kept it quiet. So actually, by NOT divulging the truth to their tribe, they put themselves at more risk because they do tell the stories, but they aren't taken seriously. I'd still like to hear Stephanie's reasoning. I think that would be really interesting.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

No, but as legends they aren't taken seriously by anyone who isn't "in the know", but if you get someone who knows about it, and is interested in their fifteen minutes of fame, or whatever, they could cause a lot of trouble by suggesting to media representatives or similar that the Cullens are real vampires, and that members of their tribe are shape shifters.
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

I would ask SM:

1. I enjoyed Jacob's POV from BD, but, honestly, why not Edward's? I understand we had to get into Jacob's head, his feelings so we could see/feel the imprinting transformation. I think I may be one of the very few fans that didn't mind that Jacob imprinted on Renesmee.

2. I felt that Edward pretty much disappeared in BD after Isle Esme. He popped up here and there and I understand why, but does she regret spending all that time and effort building Edward and Bella and then *boom* Edward's pretty much gone until the happily ever after, when he was ever present in the rest of the stories? Well, with the exception of NM.

3. Are there any regrets over some portions of the book? Like she wasn't fully satisfied with certain aspects? Was there anything that was cut out that she desperately wished hadn't been?

4. If she were to continue with the series with Jacob and Renesmee, how would she handle the moving around? Eventually they will all have to leave the Pacific Northwest because of Renesmee's ever changing self until she stopped aging. That means Jacob would leave his pack, could he handle that? Would his pack then be absorbed back into Sam's?

This next one kind of ties into the previous one:
5. How would high school be handled for everyone in the future now that they have Renesmee? Would she have to call her parents by their first names? Would she have to go through the process of high school at all? Since Renesmee pretty much changes the dynamic of everything, because Jacob would (probably/most likely) be in tow as well ... would they still keep up the high school charade?

6. If the Cullens wanted to keep anonymity why not move out into the middle of nowhere in the far reaches of Canada or Alaska where there is plenty of wild life and never have to come in contact with humans again and they wouldn't have to hide or do the high school thing anymore?

I know I probably have more, but these are the ones that are circling around in my head at the moment.
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
mandibear
Settled in Forks

Post by mandibear »

What would I ask Stephenie? She has said that she had left little clues all throughout the series. One of those clues was Alice using the copyright page to The Merchant of Venice for her note. That was a clue that the battle was going to be a mental, strategic battle and not a physical fight. Bella made a lot of connections regarding that note, including realizing there was more in the message meant just for her, keeping info from Edward, finding J Jenks and a way to keep Renesmee safe. Then we see Bella's frustration with Alice at the end of BD where she is asking Alice why she couldn't have told her more, let her in on what she was doing and not really abandoning them. Alice replies that Bella just isn't a good enough actress to have known. I'm wondering why Bella made all the other connections, but didn't pick up on the clue from Alice regarding what using the page from The Merchant of Venice really signifies? Did Stephenie intend for this to be a clue just for the reader, or had Alice intended for it to be a clue for Bella as well?
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I think that was more for the reader, because Alice does say that Bella had to be prepared to save Renesmee because "it could have gone that way". Until Bella learned to use her shield I don't think Alice could have seen the outcome that eventually resulted, especially with the wolves thrown into the mix as well. It would have been too nebulous, and had too much interference.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

if she really agrees with the plans for a continuation of the movies or in a tv drama...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Blossomforth
Settled in Forks

Post by Blossomforth »

What I would ask... I think I would ask her what she plans on doing after Breaking Dawn Part II and The Host movies are out. Will she use that time to reveal a new project? Or will she take a break? I've heard rumors about a new book series on another site, and I would definitely be interested in seeing where those go... ^^

Also, will there be more graphic novels? I really hope so, because the graphic novels were WONDERFUL. D:
JustcallmeRiley
Settled in Forks

Post by JustcallmeRiley »

BellaMia wrote:I would want to ask Stephenie a little more about Edward. She mentioned once having a dream where Edward appeared and told her she got everything wrong. What did she get wrong and since the movies came out, does she see her Edward or Robert Pattinson as Edward in her dreams.
I remember hearing that. I know she mentioned that he wasn't a vegetarian vampire...
http://www.fanfiction.net/~justcallmeriley
After a century of instant gratification, I found self-discipline… challenging.-Jasper Whitlock Hale
Follow the sound of my voice and don’t open your eyes. You look, you lose, got it?-Jasper Whitlock Hale
JustcallmeRiley
Settled in Forks

Post by JustcallmeRiley »

mainhoonemily wrote: (Though it might make it less stressful if they did warn them ahead of time that there's a chance they're going to explode into giant wolves soon.)
I could just imagine they would be getting the puberty talk and Billy would be like "Jake son here's some deodorant, your going to sweat more and grow taller and you'll turn into a giant wolf and you'll kill a bunch of vampires" :-D :lol:
http://www.fanfiction.net/~justcallmeriley
After a century of instant gratification, I found self-discipline… challenging.-Jasper Whitlock Hale
Follow the sound of my voice and don’t open your eyes. You look, you lose, got it?-Jasper Whitlock Hale