Would you really want to become a vampire???

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Would you really want to become a vampire???

Post by December »

This question was posted by Twihard_61. A burning question for many of us!

Hello, if you think about it as much as vampires are amazing, would you really want to become a vampire? Leaving all your family and friends behind? And having to go to school LOADS of times that would be wrong! Lol. Although you would know the answers for everything and if you were Edward you could hear what everyone at scholarly was thinking and that would be quite cool! :D
So.. Would you really want to become a vampire???
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Would you really want to become a vampire???

Post by marielle »

I can honestly say that Yes I would...

I always have had the feeling that a max of 100 years is not enough to experience, see and learn all the things I want to...
I know you pay a heavy heartbreaking price, the loss of family, the lack of friends, the loneliness, the emotional isolation will be a hard deal but I think that wether you live like the Cullens, in a family, or like a free vampire in a small nomadic coven or like the volturi in a large cover, it will be a rich life or at least as rich as you make it...
The blood thirst will be a hard deal as well, and the first few years will be hard but I honestly believe that like with Bella, the right attitude and preperation will help a lot...

but the chance to see it all, study everything and see how the future unfolds is something I always dreamed off...it will be heaven for me...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Eirenne
Settled in Forks

Post by Eirenne »

That's a tough one. I suppose if I found myself in Bella's shoes, finding the other half of myself, my soulmate then I probably would. But I know I would struggle with the decision for the reasons Edward didn't want Bella to be changed. Interesting topic....

The lion fell in love with the lamb....
suzzeeQ
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by suzzeeQ »

No. That would be a nightmare for me.

First, I don't think immortality is all that it's cracked up to be. For the first couple hundred years it might not be too bad. But 300+ years existence would just get boring.

Second, I wouldn't want to have the cravings. No matter what you'd always crave human blood. It would be a never ending thirst.

Third, I find something beautiful in humanity. Knowing you only have 80 years, give or take, to live. That is precious little time in the grand scheme of things. You only have one shot at life so you have to make the most of it (as cheesy as it sounds). Life would eventually lose meaning after too long.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

I think Marielle has some great points...all the things we want to do, see, learn. 100 years isn't enough, even if we were garunteed those 100, which we are not. But, I don't think I would want to be a vampire. Even the way the Cullens exist...it would be difficult for me. My family and friends are so important to me, and having to leave everyone behind, and not really being free to make new relationships, at least not long term ones because they would notice your lack of change, etc...that would be impossible for me. And like suzeeQ, I think it would get boring after the first couple of centuries. Once you had seen, experienced, learned all the things you wanted to, what's left? And it's not like you can say "Ok, I'm done now, I'm ready to die" and commit suicide. You're stuck in that existence. I'm not sure it's worth it. Besides, as a Christian, I believe in heaven and in my view, heaven is a place in which I can learn and see all I want to see...so I believe that I WILL get those opportinities someday, if not in my mortal life on earth.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Twihard_61
Wandering Through Town

Post by Twihard_61 »

If I had the chance to become a vampire I probably wouldn't except.
When you were a vampire your family would grow up and your friends would grow up around you.
Also wen you were a vampire you would have to wait ages to find a boy version of a bella that would except you for what you are and want to turn into one with you to live their whole life with you and not fall out because they have FOREVER to be together. Bella and Edward have no problem but you never know what could happen with you.
:P xxx

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Team xxx Edward xxx cause jacob dosent sparkle :P
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

It would all depend upon what I was faced with. If I were to become a vampire being randomly bitten and left for dead ... I'm not sure I would be as willing. There is the huge sacrifice of watching your friends and family dying. That would be the hard part. Then there is the frozen and unchanging body, which would rob me of ever having the opportunity to have a child of my own. Oh, I'm sure I could "adopt," but could I handle raising a human child? Who says as a vampire I would have the control of vampires like the Cullens? Could I have the self control like Edward? Or would I be like Emmett and shrug it off if I slipped when someone smelled too good? And could I honestly live with someone's death on my conscious?

On the other hand there is the route like Bella. Do I fall in love with a vampire and couldn't imagine being parted from my soul mate so much so I would sacrifice all my humanity for him? And who says vampire love is forever? What if we suffer the same pitfalls that humans do and after a while we simply parted ways? Now I have given up my mortality for a vampire that I am no longer with. And then what happens if I meet a human male and fall in love with him? Do I offer him the same possible fate that I was met with?

Of course, I could live happily ever after with my original vampire soul mate and all these "what ifs" were for naught. But I think if I chose to become a vampire I would fake my own death so my family could grieve for me, and I could fall into the shadows and watch them grow up/older. I mean death is a part of life, so we all know that our family will die no matter what. But could I watch it happen like I would as a human or would I disappear and never look back traveling the world with my vampire living in utter happiness while secretly crying inside for my lost family?

Oh, so many possibilities that I honestly don't know what my answer would be! lol
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi.

This is my first post here. I have suggested a maybe somewhat similar thread that may be a bit more serious, but I wanted to come her to see what this thread is about.

My thing is the concept of immortality in general and how it's represented in Twilight (mainly) and in other comparable media, as well as asking about the ethical, moral, pragmatic, and meta-ethical and emotional elements of it. Things such as the question of "who really wants to live forever", the Twilight tagline of "If you can live forever, what would you live for?" and stuff like that. Is this stuff being talked about in this thread? I've read this thread, and I don't know if there's room for such a potentially more serious debate.

What does everyone think about my points?
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Chernaudi wrote:Things such as the question of "who really wants to live forever", the Twilight tagline of "If you can live forever, what would you live for?
I have always considered a max of 100 years too short, not to mention that once you reach the age of 50 you are slowly started to loose the abilities to do everything you want to...
I have always wanted to see how the world would continue, even as a young teenager I would ride my horse through the woods and wonder how it would look when humans would not be around anymore. I have always wondered that if there is a heaven could you look down and see what happens to the world we all love... but that is never garanteed, death can also be the real end, the end of your ability to have cohorted thoughts, to remember the dreams you had, it all can be just a black empty space...
I always wonder, what will happen when mother nature takes back what is hers, what will happen to humanity, what will the earth turn into, the beautiful tree and water rich place it was before the humans took over or a baren wasteland....
That need to know and perhaps the fear of the deep dark emptiness that death might be makes me, if given the chance, choose and immortal life... I just don't think 100 years is enough...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Blossomforth
Settled in Forks

Post by Blossomforth »

I'm not sure if I would want to become a vampire or not. On one hand, the power, beauty and immortality would be appealing, but on the other hand... Giving up your humanity shouldn't be taken lightly. I think that it might be possible, though, to do it without leaving those you love behind; Bella certainly did. I think that Bella's control mostly had to do with her mental preparation for the whole ordeal.

I do know this, though: If I were to become a vampire, I would not do it in my present state. I want to be an adult, at least twenty-five before I was changed. I would hate having to go through high school again and again -- I would definitely try to find a way out of it, and I don't think that I could really pass for an adult just yet.

Edit: I did just think of one thing, though... If I became a vampire, I wouldn't be able to have any children. : ( So, as appealing as it is, I think I'd rather stay a human.